Bioshock PC v 360

Rocky

Anyone notice how the PC review is the exact same thing as the XBox 360 review, but with a couple of sections about the PC? It's actually kind of dumb considering that they only ran the game on a top of the line machine on Vista. It would have been nice to see how it ran with a midrange machine on DX9. I think they should have gotten a different reviewer who played it on PC only to see their view.

All in all, I think it's going to be a great game. I already bought and preloaded it off Steam, so I'm just waiting for the unlock at 1pm PST on Tuesday the 21st. I'll have to wait a couple of days longer because I've got a college orientation to go to on the 22nd and 23rd (starting at 8:30AM <_< ). Now I wish I got into one of the two one-day summer orientations for transfers... :unsure:

BioShock PC demo confirmed for Monday, 7PM EST. link

Apparently the PR person was telling the truth about waiting and tweaking it for use with new drivers that will best support the game. The new drivers for both ATI and nVidia will be released tomorrow, so it's best to download them if you intend to play BioShock at all. If you're a FilePlanet member, you can begin preloading the demo (which I am doing as I type - 1.84GB), but it supposedly won't be unlocked until that time tomorrow. This is a bit ironic since I've already bought and preloaded the game from Steam and am awaiting the final unlock as well.

Well, either way I'm happy.

LOL, what appears to have happened is that FP got hacked, in effect someone figured out how to download the demo for free, without an account, by hacking FP to spoof a full access account.

Then after changing one line of html, them unencrypted demo was available for playing.

No wonder they took it down, not only were people getting the demo in advance, they were also getting a free full subscriber account too!

I watched half a movie trailer for this tonight, with a dev voice over, sounded, uhm, wierd and stunning at the same time. I feel a play.com pre-order coming on....

I'll check out a couple of reviews, but there might be a new forum popping here soon.... :ph34r: