New TvT Game Mode Question

Comment 1 - I know it has been done before but not in GRAW or GRAW 2.. so it's still new and a required feature for those that enjoy TDM.. maybe you can share your secrets ;)
Yes, it has ;);)

Two last things .. can it end in a tie
I honestly don't know if it can end in a tie by points. I just wanted to make sure there was motivation to fight for the third objective even if you lost the first 2, and the current point structure allows for that. It's a long shot, but I figure if 1 team secures 2 objectives, they really have to screw the pooch on the third one to lose the match. I think that's only fair. It does end in a tie if everyone is dead, regardless of points.

what happens if the objective is held by both teams...
2 things are required for the clock to move: 1) all of your living teammates need to be in the zone, and 2) only your team is in the zone. So, if the clock ain't moving, check your six...you're not alone :ph34r: Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

When all this is said and done, I'd like to see some of the community's best work "submitted" to GRIN for an "official" patch. The problem with mods is that most people don't have the maps or mods that the community is making. If it's made official then everyone will have them.

When all this is said and done, I'd like to see some of the community's best work "submitted" to GRIN for an "official" patch. The problem with mods is that most people don't have the maps or mods that the community is making. If it's made official then everyone will have them.

agreed. that's exactly how it should be done, except ubi won't go for it. since it's community provided content - they can't charge for it as they would for an expansion pack. if they don't sell it - they don't support it either. why would they waste their money on putting those maps together, working out the bugs, renting download servers, etc... i guess someone just has to do a really good job with those maps, like that winter pack for GR(forget the name). modders often take the liberty of changing the weapon behavior though, sometimes adding new guns and upsetting the game balance. that alienates a lot of "stock" players away from the mods... here's to hope.

... like that winter pack for GR(forget the name) ...

Frostbite.

You know, if Ubi could have legally charged for a disc with Frostbite, HX5, AlphaMod, Standard Upgrade, and a few other VERY respectable mods that have been released over the years for [GR], they'd have sold it to me at whatever they asked for it. And others as well.

For as much as the dev and pub folks do know about games and all, there's always that group of folks out there who are fans and know a few new tricks. It's worth supporting those who support the base product you've sold them...

Again, Ubi just doesn't get it anymore...

Thanks for asking! Thursday we had the first live beta and it went well. I can only test so much by myself, so we were able to find a few issues that I have since fixed. FYI, here is a list of changes:

I worked on the issue of not spawning once the opponent has captured an objective. I changed the code (there was a typo that prevented players from spawning at 2 of the 4 locations), but that is impossible to check without more players.

I also made the following changes when a team is "decimated":

>>The decimated team gets a message saying "Your team has been decimated."

>>The countdown timer still shows "90", but it counts down by 30's, so the zone is secured in only 3 seconds.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and no objectives were completed, the game ends in a tie.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and 1 objective was completed, the game ends in a tie.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and 2 objectives were completed, the winner is determined by score.

>>If the game ends because 3 objectives were completed, the winner is determined by score.

>>After every objective is completed, the round time resets to 20 minutes. So, if you decimate the opposing team, even if you wait until 5 seconds are left on the clock, once you secure the objective the round time will be reset. (This came up because someone suggested you could win a match by waiting until the last possible moment to secure the first objective. Then, the opposing team would not have an opportunity to score any points. Now, there is no way to "force" an outcome without playing for all 3 objectives.)

I am ready to test the new code and am looking for people to help again.

P.S. I have 4 AAS maps:

Calavera

Crashsite

Hacienda

Nowhere

may be i did not get the point, but .. more teammates increases the score?

If team "a" captures the first objective with 3 surviving teammates, then they get the following score:

4 points per team member x 10 = 40

6 points per surviving team member = 18

Total points for first objective = 58

won't it be better to DIVIDE score through amount of members or better there square?

=> result = (sum of points) / (n_members*n_members)

a team doing a job with 5 members than 10 members will get 4 times more points, e.g.

score-effecting factor could be: ratio of surviving/starters

aiming-efficience: ratio of hits/shots