Admin Command [set_password_enable ?]

JeRyZ

Hi all!

My dedi server is running just fine, just one issue thats been keeping me busy.

A server pass is on, but i when i log in as admin and enter '/set_password_enable 1' the pass doesnt go off.

Entering '/set_password_enable false' doesnt do anything either.

Is there another command i have to put in so it saves the setting, or have i reveiled a bug?

Thnx, JeRyZ

Edited by JeRyZ

Hi all!

My dedi server is running just fine, just one issue thats been keeping me busy.

A server pass is on, but i when i log in as admin and enter '/set_password_enable 1' the pass doesnt go off.

Entering '/set_password_enable false' doesnt do anything either.

Is there another command i have to put in so it saves the setting, or have i reveiled a bug?

Thnx, JeRyZ

It has recently come to our attention that the console commands for passwords don't work for some reason. It's not a show stopper bug, but I can understand that it's important to some. I got it clarified late today and will post it at Grin on Monday.

Can someone please shed some light on the console commands for GRAW2 ?? :wall:

I have a printout of the commands but not ever playing GRAW they seem a little confusing.

I see the commands like /set_balance <0 / 1> ??

So does this mean the command is /set_balance 1 or /set_balance<1>

I am trying to lock the server with a password without dropping the server and changing the xml file manually and cannot seem to do it.

I put ...

/set_password xxxxxxx

/set_password_enable 0 (without the <> and with)

/reload

Nothing happened. Do we need the <> and also do we need to use the reload command after making changes ??

Many thx in advance .. :thumbsup:

I am trying to lock the server with a password without dropping the server and changing the xml file manually and cannot seem to do it.

This has been posted about a couple of time before, it doesn't work at the moment (It's broken)

see GRIN's post about it here

only way do do it at the moment is to drop the server and edit the xml

No brackets with the commands. Just put the number after the command. However some might require a # before the number or ID.

As far as the admin password, it's set in the server xml config. The easiest thing to do is create a dedicated server locally on your gaming rig through the GUI in the game. The game (locked server) password is the one right below the Server Name. The admin password is set below the map list. Set the passwords there and all the other settings. Then start the server and close it. Then look at the xml file and you will see near the top the admin password there.

They will be in the second line in the game_info variable. Like the following if you are using a dedicated server:

<game_info password="SERVER PW" admin_password="YOUR ADMIN PW" internet_server="true" internet_speed="1500">

It if you need to swtich back and forth between a locked and unlocked server, I would use 2 dedicated_game_info.xml files (which don't have to be called "dedicated_game-info.xml") and use the shortcuts to launch each of the configs. You can set which config file to use with the -dedicated_game_info switch. In the target box in the shortcut, add the switch and the name of the config you wish to use. Say you have to xml configs called "TDM_Locked.xml" and "TDM_Unlocked.xml" - these are just renamed dedicated_game_info.xml's with the appropriate settings. IN the short cut target box you would put the following:

"...\Graw2_dedicated.exe" -dedcated_game_info TDM_Locked

That would launch your locked config. Next make one with the following for an unlocked config:

"...\Graw2_dedicated.exe" -dedcated_game_info TDM_Unlocked