Nocom Download

Link Removed - See New Download Below

This isn't the final release so it has a few bugs in it (like the Narcom playing at the briefing screen), but it SHOULD get rid of all the narcom stuff while in the game. This also adds the RPG 7 as a primary weapon (with 1 loaded RPG and 3 spares), the G36 and the G36C while also allowing the M8 Compact to use the red dot sight. I'll post more updates as they come along, but in the mean time enjoy and post any crashes/bugs you find :)

Known issues:

G36C doesn't have a picture for the selection menu

Narcom plays at the briefing screen (go to your options and come back and it will stop)

To install - Put the nocom.bundle in your mods folder and the context_nocom.xml and graw2_nocom.bat in the GRAW 2 directory. To play just run the game off the graw2_nocom.bat file. If you want to go back to vanilla GRAW 2 just run the game as you did before without using the batch.

Unsure what the errors would be considering all I did was put in <!--blahblahblah--> on all the actors. I could easily incorporate this into Brettzies mod, but I'm not about to do that. If he wants to do that with this mod he's more than welcome, but I'm not going to steal his work :)

Unsure what the errors would be considering all I did was put in <!--blahblahblah--> on all the actors. I could easily incorporate this into Brettzies mod, but I'm not about to do that. If he wants to do that with this mod he's more than welcome, but I'm not going to steal his work :)

yeah I wasn't suggesting that you do that, I wouldn't do that either. But just a standalone narcom mod would be good (no other mods) so it would be less likely to conflict with other must-have mods like Brettzis's weapons.

Anyway, this is awesome work and I love what you did here!

Edited by bigcat75

Known issues:

Narcom plays at the briefing screen (go to your options and come back and it will stop)

Just comment out the actor elements in the Briefing section at the top of the page. Those were still unedited. Once I did that there was no more sound. :thumbsup:

Mission 10 .xml has one quotation mark missing (by default I think). With the quotation mark missing, none of the actor elements you edited beyond that point are greyed out as they should be, and I assume this means they are not commented out. But they become grey as soon as I add the missing quotation mark. (Also, all the purple and red lettering reverses, whatever that means, lol.)

If you Ctrl+F and search for duration=10.0 that's the problem string. Apparently it should be "10.0" not 10.0".

Edited by bigcat75

As requested, I will be releasing a "lite" version of Nocom so that it can be used with virtually any mod (at least anything that doesn't alter the mission files). Give me a little time to wind down since I just got done from work and I'll fix it. If there's any other mission adjustments people want I can try to include those (like at the end of mission 10 where you have to wait a minute to tag the nuke because you're supposed to listen to the narcom).

Yeah Nutlink, the lite version is what I'd download. I went ahead and unbundled it just for the narcom fixes.

Man this makes such a difference during missions, I really appreciate this mod my friend.

doubletap

Edited by doubletap

NoCom v1.3

Updated - This version is compatible with all weapons mods. This one only changes the narcom window and the mission files so the narcom won't even play. The blue narcom window is completely removed from the briefing screen and you will never again hear that annoying General or naive President. Highly recommended over the original download. Installation is still the same.

You can elimane any NARCOM transmissions during the briefing by going into options, then back. I didn't bother to test it any further, but it did work for me in coop.

The briefings are annoying, and that's one way around them, but this mod properly disables the narcom entirely. And it's the in game narcom that is the real problem, because of how drastically it effects the gameplay and the whole feel of the game. I could write a 2 page review on how great this mod is, I love it. It's mods like this that put the "ghost recon" in GRAW.

Edited by bigcat75

• 5 months later...

I was thinking about coming back to this mod lately and adjusting a few (lots of) things with it. Here's a small list of what I've come up with so far:

-Fix timers that would normally be for listening to the Narcom

-Redo all the SP maps to fit with the [GR] style (more open, less linear)

-Fewer enemies, but completely random placement and weaponry

-Remove cut scenes (or put them in 1st Person view)

-Can go anywhere in the map at any time (no "opening" restricted areas after objectives are completed)

-Some maps have random events (random helos, tanks, random objectives, etc)

-Add a few more objectives to more open maps

-Give all maps multiple insertion zones

-Give sniper his Ghillie suit

-G36K and G36C available (with proper icons)

-Flashlights available on some weapons

-Some weapon adjustments (weights, ammo, damage for MP5 and MP5SD, etc)

-Remove a lot of the HUD crosscom markers (objectives, friendlies, enemies) but leave them on the crosscom itself

-Tweak characters voice ("Talk to me sir" crap removed)

-Fix glitched AI in coop_retrieve

-Remove the crosshair

-If possible, allow up to 5 AI to be used on certain maps (like m10)

-With permission from both Brettzie and Snowfella, I could also release the proper xmls to combine their mods with this but NOT include the content for it

Would people actually be interested in this from a coop and SP perspective at all?

All of you together making Graw 2.5 ?

-Redo all the SP maps to fit with the [GR] style (more open, less linear)

Can go anywhere in the map at any time (no "opening" restricted areas after objectives are completed)

-Give all maps multiple insertion zones

Fewer enemies, but completely random placement and weaponry (No fewer,more is some missions,but random

I'd be happy to work with some more experienced people, but I doubt they'd want to work with an amateur like me. I think Wolfsongs mod will be more or less all around oriented with more focus on MP/Coop due to the increased draw distance, AI tweaks, and classes, while mine would be meant for the SP/Campaign Coop crowd. crowd.