What was your favorite load out from GRAW1?

I didn't miss it and it's not a practical option for dedicated servers which are hopefully the majority of servers out there. I'm not sure if you host or have hosted a dedicated 24/7 public server.

Yes. I sometimes host small 24/7 servers for freinds (PW .... never public) on an assortment of games.

Other than that, it's not a good thing to mess around with it alot as that it affects your regular players and creates an unpreditable environment where players don't know if or when they are going to be able to play.

Negative. not unpredicatblae. You choose your mods, you tell your community and you ask them to conform. to do it repeatedly is abad idea, but not for a close knit group. Close groups can follow mod rules repeatedly. Notice I didn't say very large groups. that is the opposite of close groups. And if the tool I was decribing made making the change as simple as getting a file and loading it into the launcher, smnall, tight knit groups could roll with it. But of course, doing it all the time is a PITA . But I never suggested that. I suggested once in a while. or maybe just once if you get a smart enough set up and running right off the bat. (unlikely)

So maybe your perspective is based on the kinds of servers you run. I only run servers for 8 or 10 of my freinds. Thats about it.

Addittionally, if I want to go pubbing, it's impossible to coordinate with just any server that I might join.

That would be the whole point of the launcher. Launch the mods you want assocaited with the server. Let me give you a concrete example. you may be unfamiliar. Do you know Kegety's ArmA launcher? Check it out sometime. It allows you to pick a server, and assocaite it with specific mods. so if you are required to have "MODX" on server A and MOD"Z" on Server B, it loads the mod assocaited with the server. its very cool, very slick, and pretty easy to use. and in fact, it was from Kegetys Arma launcher that I understood how well the concept works.

When I log in to play I don't want to spend 15 to 30 minutes to try to join a modded server.

Nope. It takes 1 extra 20 second period to relaunch using the assocaited mods. you just pick the server and the launcher knows the required mods. most people would just have 2 or 3. unmodde and their one or 2 favorite places. Think of it like a new server in your teamspeak phone book. Each time you go to add one, it take a moment or 2 to place the IP and the nickname and pasword. but once its set up, its setup. You only had to do it once. After that, you just clikc and go.

If they have to jump through hoops they aren't going to stay unless they already know your server well.

Kegetys laucnher takes the "hoop jumping" out of it. Just like the teamspeak connection phone book takes the hoop jumping out of moving to new servers....

Then they might be willing to take time out to find, download, and install the mod.

Mods always take some amount of effort. those of us who enjoy mods know this. Nothing wrong witha good mod tool to ease the pain.

You just don't get it and want to force the issue don't you. You just have to get last word in because you feel=win.

I'm not going to get into it with you on the kits in coop good or bad debate. It was never the point of this thread yet you insist on trying to make it such. I guess it was too much to ask of you. Shame really. But not a big loss since the thread has been derailed probably beyond recovery at this point.

This to allow servers to host Coop and the other MP modes in the same cycle if they want.

Hmm. IMHO, this is of little value. Possibly even a bad trade off and ill conceieved design idea. (And you guys know I rarely say such things ...)

I would rather thave the flexability of self determined weps in coop (limited by the server ... like in GRAW1) than have a cycle with the ability to go from TDM to coop in the cycle. In fact, ill venture to guess that a server running TDM that suddenly went coop would suddenly go empty.

Wait chilly? at least tell us who wins the light sabre battle. I have been watching it for the last many minutes and it remains a tie. :) Is it the yellow guy or the gray guy who is on the "on topic team"?

There is no winner. Everybody dies as this thread sinks lower and lower, down further and further into the abyss that is old forum topics.

This to allow servers to host Coop and the other MP modes in the same cycle if they want.

Hmm. IMHO, this is of little value. Possibly even a bad trade off and ill conceieved design idea. (And you guys know I rarely say such things ...)

I would rather thave the flexability of self determined weps in coop (limited by the server ... like in GRAW1) than have a cycle with the ability to go from TDM to coop in the cycle. In fact, ill venture to guess that a server running TDM that suddenly went coop would suddenly go empty.

It was asked for by the GRAW1 users to be able to host them in the same cycle. I'm not part of that decision though, but I liked the small high-tech team / large low-tech team thingy between Campaign Coop and Coop.

In GR:AW (1) since the AI was not dependable I either took a M99 and a backup carbine and hand grenades when I did a sniper, or I took a SCAR H with scope, silencer and extra ammo, I perfered the HG's over a GL. If I had to take a Zeus then I would lower the SCAR to an "L" with scope and picked up extra ammo as I went.