CoOp Weapons Kit Have to Go!

If the RPG was a Tank killer we would not be having this discussion. It takes more than one of them to do the job. And aside from the fact they did not include the Zeus in Any of the weapons kits why won't it work in CoOp.

Edit: Also if they wanted to limit you to a dumb fire AT type system (for the Challenge), they they should have put in a Real AT weapon like the LAW, or a few other current Active AT system currently fielded in the US or other military.

I have to say this game in that RPG and zeus theme is BS. an M1 Abrams uses depleted uranium for armor, one of the toughest materials to crack. and an RPG can't completely, I mean completely kill an M1, maybe throw a track but kill an M1? hell no-. I feel like that quarry coop map is like they line you up against godzilla and you have to try and kill him with a spoon, my point: we are under armed for that mission.

An RPG-7 with the proper AT round can take out an M1/A2 Abrams. It has happened in Iraq. All the RPG-7 needs to do is hit a sweet spot and cause the tank to catch fire. Look it up. The M1/A2 is tough, but it's not invulnerable from the RPG. :rocket:

Edited by Demanufakture

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll say it again because none of the comments here have made me change my mind. The class system works just fine in GRAW2 coop. If you like GRAW coop better you can still play it you know. I have GRAW and GRAW2 installed and play both of them. I understand how some people don't like it but you guys don't get to choose how GRIN designs the game. I like the direction GRIN went. So complain all you want but I don't think GRIN is going to suddenly change how the coop weapon selection works just because SOME people don't like it. You guys that don't like the way it is will either have to make a mod or wait for someone else to make a mod.

Once again, GRIN did a great job on the coop and I thank them for it. :g_withgrin:

Hi all,

Played GR1, Graw and Graw2 now. Most of the time coop or coop mission, small team with coordination.

I'm another one wanting the choice between classes and manual selection for coop mission (and soon i hope moded missions).

The actual "choice" of Grin not to keep the original system for coop sounds me to me like a "stand aside" feature because of lack of time.

And yes, customers have the full right to complain when a product have regressions and does not allow anymore basic features.

By the way the new patch stops all hope of having a decent mission coop... you just cannot start a mission.

I`d be more for taking the RPG out of the Quarry map. That`s were the fun is! Clear threats and guide a team mate in there to sneak in and plant the charge. It`s more satisfying hearing the Tank put fire on another member 100M away, while it didn`t see me sneak round the back. There will be plenty of maps to come, just like GRAW1, if you have to have the mod anyhow, why not throw in a weapons layout suiting the objectives?

I`ll be adding restrictions to any i make, depending on the objectives. Supposed to be fun to play as a Team also you know. Reduce the bad guys and simply make it more challenging. Having to NOT kill certain guys and reach areas to gain other objectives is my idea, but we all have our own ideas.

0:)

Well I'll say it again because none of the comments here have made me change my mind. The class system works just fine in GRAW2 coop. If you like GRAW coop better you can still play it you know. I have GRAW and GRAW2 installed and play both of them. I understand how some people don't like it but you guys don't get to choose how GRIN designs the game. I like the direction GRIN went. So complain all you want but I don't think GRIN is going to suddenly change how the coop weapon selection works just because SOME people don't like it. You guys that don't like the way it is will either have to make a mod or wait for someone else to make a mod.

Once again, GRIN did a great job on the coop and I thank them for it. :g_withgrin:

Hi all,

Played GR1, Graw and Graw2 now. Most of the time coop or coop mission, small team with coordination.

I'm another one wanting the choice between classes and manual selection for coop mission (and soon i hope moded missions).

The actual "choice" of Grin not to keep the original system for coop sounds me to me like a "stand aside" feature because of lack of time.

And yes, customers have the full right to complain when a product have regressions and does not allow anymore basic features.

By the way the new patch stops all hope of having a decent mission coop... you just cannot start a mission.

No problems starting a coop match here with 1.03 patch. Game works great. Like I said, complain all you want which you fully have the right to do. It doesn't mean anybody has to care. Cheers.

I've said all I have to say about this subject. See you guys later, I'm going to go play some kick ass GRAW2 coop.

Edited by Demanufakture

Just because you like it doesn't mean you have to reply to everyone who doesn't. The whole point is to let everyone speak their mind and see were it comes out and why they feel that they do. You opinion or desires are not greater than other players with differing ones. I'm glad you enjoy the status quo, now let others voice their opinions as well.

To me if they want to use the kit selections they need to do a revamp of them so that each weapon (Primary) has all the options.

Good Example is the sniper of all the weapons available they only get 6 kits total and 3 primary choices, 2x's the M14 both with no silencer, 2x's the MSG90 one of which has a silencer, and 2x's the M99 which does not ever get a silencer so for silent situations you would think they would get a silenced secondary weapon. Nope wrong again.

Then if they ever get themselves in to a situation where a grenade or two would help keep them alive or maybe smoke to cover themselves as they try and exit a bad area, nope sorry you can't have it. (Maybe they're not old enough yet to play with smoke and Grenades).

You go thru all the selections and you begin to wonder who in their right mind would have set up weapons kits with such stupid limitations on the soldiers.

Another one that irritates the hell out of me is the RPG's are not are part of the US Armys basic load and are not in the inventory so why is it even a kit selection for a US Army SF soldier.

Another one that irritates the hell out of me is the RPG's are not are part of the US Armys basic load and are not in the inventory so why is it even a kit selection for a US Army SF soldier.

Because all weapons in the game are in the load outs somewhere. The RPG is in as the player can pick up enemy weapons int eh game. And the RPG was selected for the particular mission as a Zeus would have been too easy, but we can remove it so you must C4 the tanks if that would please more. There are far more weapons available to the Ghosts that are not part of the US arsenal then the RPG.

There are far more weapons available to the Ghosts that are not part of the US arsenal then the RPG.
Is it too late to request a Molotov Cocktail or maybe a sticky mine be added to the inventorys' mix...you see I have to go up against a MBT and I seem to have misplaced my glowing little C4 charge. Thought I just had it...here somewhere :hmm:

There are far more weapons available to the Ghosts that are not part of the US arsenal then the RPG.
Is it too late to request a Molotov Cocktail or maybe a sticky mine be added to the inventorys' mix...you see I have to go up against a MBT and I seem to have misplaced my glowing little C4 charge. Thought I just had it...here somewhere :hmm:

LOL. make a Palestinian / hamas mod with rocks and katushka rockets. and don't forget those special belts.

Hopefully we get some new maps for coop eventually. I've only been playing multiplayer for a few days now and I'm already tired of the limited few that come with the game. So far, and yes I know I'm probably an idiot here, I have been unable to alter my game files and unlock the two extra maps(Dam and Hacienda) despite the simple step by step instructions. I might give them another shot but after I somehow messed my entire install up the first time I'm reluctant to try again. The lack of ZEUS's is a bit ridiculous. The RPG's work fine if you don't mind being downgraded to a submachine gun for your main weapon, you get three RPG's with the loadout. My biggest complaint beside lack of variety is the lack of enemy combatants. There are only 30-45 per map, and in order to rack up kills you gotta be a hard charging rambo. I liked it more when we had several hundred tango's in our way. Oh and as far as planting C4 on the tanks, its a nice addition but sometimes it can be almost impossible to get close to the tank if its locked onto you and I personally don't like to make the long walks from the starting spawn a dozen times until I can finally slip under the fire. What happened to our squads and spawning on the leader? That was a nice touch that seems to have slipped away...

Because all weapons in the game are in the load outs somewhere. The RPG is in as the player can pick up enemy weapons int eh game. And the RPG was selected for the particular mission as a Zeus would have been too easy, but we can remove it so you must C4 the tanks if that would please more. There are far more weapons available to the Ghosts that are not part of the US arsenal then the RPG.

I think you just made a VERY good suggestion Wolf. You could still include RPGs as a viable weapon if you place enemies with RPGs in positions where it would be possible for a player to kill said RPGer, take his gun, and shoot it at a tank. Would make the entire experience much more difficult and fun at the same time. This makes getting the optional "Easy" tank kill a little more challenging. Right now, we have 2-3 people running around with RPGs like they are grenade launchers and destroying enemies every time they die. You also have a VERY large portion of the "coop" community that believes the only way to kill said tanks are to use the RPGs. Its not at all difficult to watch the tanks movements and see where they stop. For example, each tank in Quarry has at least 2 spots where it will stop for a period of time. Watch the tanks and find out where those spots are. Move to those spots when the tank is away and wait for it to get close and stop. run up and plant your bomb. Boom. Tank is gone. To prove this point. I played on a quarry server just now with 2-3 other people. By the time all of the normal enemies were dead, I was the only one left in the server. I took out every single tank with nothing but C4 and perfect timeing.

Edited by MorphingJar

The RPG's work fine if you don't mind being downgraded to a submachine gun for your main weapon, you get three RPG's with the loadout.

There is a reason for that. RPG is used for mexicans in SP where we want to force them to use it, so it's tagged as a primary weapon. This prevents anyone from having an assault rifle or other primary weapon with the RPG. But the Compacts versions can be used, which are almost as deadly as their full length counterparts.

There are only 30-45 per map, and in order to rack up kills you gotta be a hard charging rambo.

Coop is not about getting kills. It's about completing the mission as a team, COOP.

To address comments made in response to my comments.

1. While I do enjoy doing a little lone wolfing, I understand the concept of teamwork is important to the COOP game mode. My issue isn't really so much with working together but the lack thereof. I guess I just enjoyed the ability to single handedly move into position and remove the tank despite whatever anyone else was up to, via my ZEUS. The RPG's still allow this and as I said I don't think they're a bad alternative but my question still remains, "Why leave the zeus out completely?" Cooperative mode due to a lack of communication often ends up being a bunch of rouge wolves on the attack rather than a cohesive pack moving in sync. As far as trying not to die during a session of coop, while this can be a noble goal its not a universal one. There are always guys who will charge ahead and either die/ or break the enemy defenses, thereby leaving you crouched behind a crate and missing out on the action. All this coop talk aside, I still miss my zeus.

2. I agree with you Wolf, after I made my comment about the weapons downgrade I played a bit more and realized that despite being secondary weapons, with proper fire control these babies can be just as accurate and deadly over any range as the long arms provided.

3. As far as the number of tango's per map, perhaps the just of my comment was misunderstood. Its always possible I didn't say what I actually meant, too. With GRAW OGR_Coop you could spent an hour with a group of guys breaking through a rather impressive defense network of multiple enemies. While certain appearances will always be predictable and soldiers placed in certain areas each time, this allowed things to be a bit more random. Currently each map seems like a race to charge the enemy positions and take out as many as possible. It just doesn't seem difficult enough. I counted the kills today as we played through timber, I believe the number of total kills was 50-ish. I arrived a bit late on the scene and ran through most of the entire map and saw one single enemy combatant. He was promptly shot by a soldier just in front of me. Because I missed the initial rush I played for close to 15 minutes and accomplished nothing.

So my complaints are...

1. Why no Zeus?

2. Not enough coop map variety.

3. The existing coop maps are too easy and go too quickly.

4. What happened to our notifications of player deaths? You know the so and so was shot, sniped, or killed by so and so? I'm sure I got RPG'd by some idiot blasting away on quarry today but I couldn't confirm it.

5. The kill/death counts don't keep accurate tally's.

6. The loadout section...Why can't I have my M16 with a scope and a grenade launcher? Their attempts to limit our weaponry seems like a poor attempt to keep the game from becoming too easy b/c it IS.

7. I'm sorry if my ranting ###### anyone off. Also I'd like to apologize if any of these things have been said to death. I just recently got a chance to purchase this game and am just breaking it in(also new to the boards.) Feel free to pick my thoughts apart and make me look like a fool. :D But don't worry if I'm irritating you guys because I'll be taking a hiatus from all things enjoyable very soon, as I am shipping to FT. Benning, Georgia for my basic and AIT next week on Tuesday. I imagine its not easy to make sequels to great games because everyone demands improvement on something that was already amazing. I do enjoy GRAW2 and hope they make a GRAW3.

Gunslinger

As usually, this thread has lost its way. Can Co-Op players please have the same kit allocation method as SP? Its not about the AT weapons or whether you can do it with C4 it's about the game for Co-Op players who use voice comms. The current method is really of use only to pub Co-Ops which, as we all know are not Co-Op but Rambo FTW.

I am struck by the idea that the game represents you as members of a highly elite spec ops unit of the most powerful army on the planet. It equips you with highly advanced body armour, IFF systems, built-in HUD's, data linked to satellites but when it comes to AT weapons you get to go scrounge off the dead. :rocky:

I'm really disappointed in some of the responses here, who think the game or mission has to be played their way or take the highway jack.

CoOp has imo been about letting the players have fun in taking on the maps and missions in what ever fashion they wanted to. Whether that be loading up like a real SF team and using the proper weapons loads and no respawn, to taking on all the tangos with a pistol pistols only. Which in the case of the tanks would mean for the people who want the ultimate challenge to take only the C4 to blow the tanks to having the Zeus available to those who would rather do it with a rocket up their tail.

By limiting the weapons available you limit the posibilities and the fun factor as not everyone fancies themselves a superman.

I am struck by the idea that the game represents you as members of a highly elite spec ops unit of the most powerful army on the planet. It equips you with highly advanced body armour, IFF systems, built-in HUD's, data linked to satellites but when it comes to AT weapons you get to go scrounge off the dead. :rocky:

There is a difference in design. Campaign Coop is what you listed above. Coop is designed to be low tech and make up wfor the low technology by number of players. This was done to give the players and modders the option of working with either large low-tech teams or small high-tech teams. This is why the Coop maps look like they do for one thing. But even the low-tech can't go too far or yu have no info at all.

True, I think that if we had ALL the toys from SP available in coop, then the maps would be WAY too easy. BUT, I think the weapons are very basic and it'd be nice to simply set em up the way you want. I don't think my personal preference inhibits teamwork.

Granted I only have 2 or 3 loadouts that I ever really play with. After this patch, I can edit my and my platoon-mates' favorites into an xml file, but that's hardly user-friendly.

But even the low-tech can't go too far or yu have no info at all.

PS- While the topic is somewhat derailed, it'd be nice to have the OPTION of having the target datalinking back or at least the tac map. Even GR1 had the overhead map with commander functions. Perhaps a server-side option of Datalinking/TacMap/None?

Depending on the coop map you can find a zeus to pick up and equip. For example coop_dam, which has to be unlocked has a zeus. You have go though the generator room and come out the entrance across from the dam. To your left is a zeus siting on an ammo crate. You can shoot the tank from behind. I'm not sure if the zeus is hidden on the other maps.

The COOP kits (I know, late to the table as usual) suck. Sorry. I'd offer a 'no offense' with it, but maybe whoever let it happen SHOULD be offended and get the junk right.

One more piece of evidence that this game surelay wasn't made for THIS community. And I'd like to pimp slap the hell out of whoever it WAS made for.

I can't stand the COOP weapons kits. They're terrible. A VERY bad move...