Can't See/Join Servers after 1.03 patch

Hey all, we have a member of our group that has installed the v1.03 patch, and since then he cannot see but about one half of the servers the rest of us see. This includes our server, which he has in his favorite - it only says "Offline".

He has uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Before he patched from 1.02, he checked and could see everthing - but when he patched again, the same problem.

We have shut down every firewall he's had, shutdown his anti-virus, etc. Still has the problem.

This is the only thing that has changed since patching. He hasn't installed anything else, or made any other changes to his sys during this time.

Any ideas?

I have seen this problem too.

I used to play with a clan mate in campagin co-op all the time and after 1.03, he cant see my server no more.

Zoot, we've been working on this, and the last thing we're going to try is to enable the DMZ on his router. We have to wait about 30 minutes for his son to get in and do it.

We'll keep you posted.

DMZ on his router has been enabled and no dice. He's running XP Home, it was a complete reformat 3 months ago. He has an AMD 2800, X850 vid card and 2 gigs of RAM.

We did some testing and he can only see the server if it's on Calavera. Doesn't matter if it's TDM, RvsA or DM. As long as it's Calavera. I cycled thru all the maps in the console and no dice. Additionally, he can play thru the other maps as long as he joins the Calavera map.

He completely uninstalled his m/p demo, but this seems to be a bit strange cuz it's only the demo map he can see................

We're having him completely uninstall GRAW2. He's going to go in w/Registry Mechanic and clean out anything that has to do w/UBI. Then, instead of patching the clean game to 1.03, we're gonna have him incremental patch. Hopefully we can nail this darn thing down.

Edited by ruggbutt

Been monitoring upload during games on my server(dedicated), and it seems that coop_quarry (on my server anyway) when 4 -5 players in, it goes crazy on upload... it tries(or atleast measures) that it is uploading often 200KB/s.. whitch i dont get, cus i only got just around 110KB/s upload.

Is there any posibilty that map has some error too after patch?

OK, we have failure.

The strange thing in all of this is that if a server is presently on the Calavera map, he can see it & join. If it is on any other map, it doesn't show up on his server list.

He has enabled DMZ in his router, opened every port listed for GRAW 2, isn't running any firewalls or AV's, has uninstalled/cleaned the registry/re-installed (using the 1.03 patch one time, uninstalled/reinstalled using the smaller incremental patches), and still can't see all of the servers we see.

His comp/game was working perfectly before the 1.03 patch. He is on a network, and his son's comp can see and join all of the other servers we see.

He's run the following progs: AV, adaware/spybot, registry mechanic, hijackthis!, and lspfix. All to no avail.

Again, the weird part is the Calavera map situation in all of this.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Yes, as Colin said earlier

This will probably be the same map timing issue problem that’s being discussed in Tech Support and GRIN should be releasing a fix soon

Thanks Pave Low, Rugg and Vladd were kind enough to try and resolve this server situation for me on my end. The in game brower on version 1.02 would take 30 seconds or so to load all the servers. After patching to 1.03, the browser would load instantaneously. And show only about 1/2 of all the servers. Vladd and I compared each mode to what he was seeing and what I was seeing in the browser. Also on some servers, in the server info window, some would have all the info and some were blank. Thanks for all of yours and TeamBSR's help.

Friend of mine just installed GR:AW2

He can see all servers online, but only on a few (5 or so) of them he can see the "info"and join.

Rest he cannot see their "info" (infobox empty) or connect to.. no timeout or anything.. he just "sits" at connecting untill he presses esc.

We have been installing the game from scratch -patch by patch- up untill 1.03 he could see info on all servers, and even join and play on those not yet running 1.03patch (this was with patch 1.02)

His problem is regarding all gametypes.. after patch 1.03

Sidenote: Hosting "normal" Coop/TDM/HH/S/DM is not a problem. (Just cant join pretty much any server)

[Moved to correct Forum (Tech Support) + Merged with one of the existing threads on the Map timing issue Can't See/Join Servers after 1.03 patch]

My bad.. just didnt think it belonged here since he has no problem seing the servers.. he just cant join them

[Moved to correct Forum (Tech Support) + Merged with one of the existing threads on the Map timing issue]

This puzzles me, as this only affects my friends game when any map other than Calavera is playing on a server. He can see all servers when they are presently playing Calavera, not the others. Wouldn't a timing issue affect all maps?

Nope, if you read the other thread it varies by map (but is not caused by any change to the actual map files themselves)

*obviously individuals PC and Internet connection will play a part in it and be why some people are affected to more extent than others, but the major player is the timing issue and once that is addressed we can then see if any other associated issues remain

Pave Low,

I have read that entire post you pointed out earlier, and re-read it again to see if I missed something. It is clear that post has to do with Co-op maps & missions, not TDM.

Also, everyone of those has to do with hosting, but this problem doesn't.

THE only servers (for TDM, RS:V, DM, etc.) that can be seen, ARE just the ones that are immediately playing Calavera. Game type doesn't have a thing to do with it.

He's not hosting, and he's not trying to join a Co-op. He's not getting any "cannot establish connection" issues, since he can't see those other servers in the first place.

But I would assume the "but the major player is the timing issue and once that is addressed we can then see if any other associated issues remain" is the cover all to this.

It would help if I knew GRIN was aware of this further issue that may be linked to the Co-op problem.

Edited by BSR_Vhladd

Hi Vhladd, yes that thread is about hosting and coop but your last question was "Wouldn't a timing issue affect all maps?", what I was pointing to in that thread was that it only affected certain maps and not others and that some people were affected much worse than others (most could LAN host but others couldn't even do that)

GRIN have said the map files weren't changed at all by the patch but that something else was causing a timing issue with certain maps

you reported that it only started after 1.03 and with certain maps, seems logical that the identified timing issue bug could affect other maps not just coop ones and that when somebody "worse affected" tried to join certain maps that if they timed out on him, then he would fail to join or could even not see the server

Vladd and Rugg were trying to help me with this issue. After reading your last reply to Vladd, I went into the gamespy browser and noticed only one camphain c0-0p server was showing and couldn't join: timed out. Also alot of the servers I do see have blank or empty server info windows showing, while others have full info of version, map cycle and etc. I am not able to join the showing servers with blank info boxes. Note, this only started to happen after patch 1.03. When uninstalling and reinstalling, also doing the nescessary registry cleaning and dfraging, I manually patched up to 1.02 and mp browser was full and vibrant. All server info boxes showed complete infor for all servers. Then after patching to 1.03 I lost contact to nearly 1/2 of the servers I saw before patching. On Teambsr's server I could only see and connect when it cycled to Map Calavera and then stay in server. ON other servers I could see and connect to all maps, but only if the server info box was showing info. Here is a list number wise of servers showing

TDM=27 DM=8 SGE =6 Co-op= 21 Cam c0-op=1 Hamb=14 RvA= 8

Edited by BSR_SARGE

the hosts of the coop servers are getting this error:http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45997

so there offline because they really are, read through that topic

Hoot, TX's but If you look back through this thread, you will see that link has already been posted here a bunch of times before, they are well aware of the Map timing bug by now

and just to give the folks in this thread a glimmer of hope

it looks like the "Map Timing bug" may also be behind the new bug of people getting dropped from servers for false "altered content" warnings

and as part of a reply to that thread, we got a bit more info on the issue

Now this thing happen at me too..i do make same changes though on the file but its only for the reticule color.

After finish playing SP, i join MP and got kick because of that, this is my 4th re-install of the game and still got kick!!!

Based on the info, I think it is the same issue that has shown on Coop servers. It has to do with map size, connection speed and CPU speed. And as that is a known issue that is being worked on, as confirmed in the other topics, I'll leave it at that for now until the fix is out and we'll see if it happens again.

so it still seems possible this bug could also be causing the problems you folks are seeing

Friend of mine just installed GR:AW2

He can see all servers online, but only on a few (5 or so) of them he can see the "info"and join.

Rest he cannot see their "info" (infobox empty) or connect to.. no timeout or anything.. he just "sits" at connecting untill he presses esc.

We have been installing the game from scratch -patch by patch- up untill 1.03 he could see info on all servers, and even join and play on those not yet running 1.03patch (this was with patch 1.02)

His problem is regarding all gametypes.. after patch 1.03

Sidenote: Hosting "normal" Coop/TDM/HH/S/DM is not a problem. (Just cant join pretty much any server)

Patch 1.04 didnt solve his problem.. although.. now he can se server info (infobox) on all servers.

EDIT:

As off now, he suddenly can join all servers... he havent done anything (total computer noob) but it just started working all of a sudden... He one happy puppy now...

Edited by Chrisp