Server Command Line Config help

The command lines I am currently using look like this:

...\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2_dedicated.exe -dedicated_game_info tdm_dedicated_game_info -port 16250

...\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2_dedicated.exe -dedicated_game_info coop_dedicated_game_info -port 16251

These are working just fine.

tdm_dedicated_game_info.xml and coop_dedicated_game_info.xml are both in the Settings folder.

Rug, first quadruple check that you have patched the server. When running point it to the graw2.exe that you want to patch. No need for registry entries BTW. That was my problem with my first attempts at testing. I forgot to update my primary GRAW2 folder on the test server. I had patched the second copy of the GRAW2 folder instead. After updating it, it worked first try by just modifying the shortcut used to launch the Graw2_dedicated.exe.

You don't even need the config xml named with "dedicated_game info" it could be "RuggIsCool.xml" for all the switch cares. You do need to have the switch "-dedicated_game_info" followed by your config name without the ".xml". Then you can follow that with the "-port" switch.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

They are 2 separate files in the Settings folder, neither of which is named dedicated_game_info.xml. I'm using custom configs (as we all are) and renamed the xml files. I then call those renamed files from a command line. My coop file is named coop_dedicated_game_info.xml. Its command line looks like this:

...\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2_dedicated.exe -dedicated_game_info coop_dedicated_game_info -port 16251

So, you can see that we have:

1. the path to the server executable (...\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\graw2_dedicated.exe ),

2. followed by the switch that activates the desired xml ( -dedicated_game_info coop_dedicated_game_info) The file name is in bold. Just drop the .xml.

3. and lastly the switch that changes the port so we can run 2 instances on the same server (-port 16251).

You can name your xmls anything you want so long as they reside in the Settings folder.

For your second game, simply use a different port number and a different xml name (unless you want two identical servers, in which case you can call the same xml) and execute the command line again. Hope that helps a little. I'm certainly no expert, but that's about the best explanation I can come up with.