Whats The Future Of GRAW2

what if there were 15 coop maps - and the AI were a lot more aggressive - maybe moving tanks, etc?

i think all of this can be done.

Playing on Hardcore the AI is un-real in its shooting ability. I can be prone hinding in brush or using a silenced rifle and some sort of concealment have two tango's at 150 and both facing away from me using unscoped G36's and I take out one and before you can say boo the other turns and kills you. So just what do you mean by more aggressive? If you mean more realistic, in that the AI 50 meters away does not ignore when their buddy has just been shot and moves to protect themselves then to flush out the threat that would be very challenging, as long as they also were not better shots than real soldiers in similar situations with the same weapons would be. The weapons kits would also need to be reworked to give each player access to whatever weapons THEY wanted to use not what someone else thinks is best for them. The server would need the ability to lock out certain weapons when the team leader or Tourney Makers want you to do the missions without those weapons available. And I have not been able to check this yet since the patch came out but is the CoOp Mission map server fixed so that you if you are the TL can do no respawn if wanted or up to unlimited? That game ending upon TL death kills that game type.

And Sleepdoc, I agree with you on that. The majority of guys in the gaming grooup I belong to are like me all old men and have no interest in trying to compete with the youngsters at their level of reflexes and would just like to play a nice game of CoOp amoung ourselves.

Edited by Fletch

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you want it to be.

:cheers:

Your a stinker pot......They already said it. I think its into evaluateing now. I think in management this would be called Follow up. Now there has to be some shakeups for the inaction.

Idea Management is a disciplined approach to generating, capturing, and analyzing ideas within an organization. Provided a organization creates a culture that values creativity and encourage participation, a formal idea management process should improve a organization's ability to innovate, and especially to maintain a steady flow of innovation ...

To make follow-up work, you need to develop a culture of accountability.

The Blueberry

Playing on Hardcore the AI is un-real in its shooting ability. I can be prone hinding in brush or using a silenced rifle and some sort of concealment have two tango's at 150 and both facing away from me using unscoped G36's and I take out one and before you can say boo the other turns and kills you. So just what do you mean by more aggressive? If you mean more realistic, in that the AI 50 meters away does not ignore when their buddy has just been shot and moves to protect themselves then to flush out the threat that would be very challenging, as long as they also were not better shots than real soldiers in similar situations with the same weapons would be.

Same as GR1. Tweak the actors all the way up, and i gaurantee you, same deal. We DO have the ability to tweak these down as far as you want. Detection overall / Hearing / Sight / overall skills / memory (how long to remember the last threat they saw!) plus many more settings.

The weapons kits would also need to be reworked to give each player access to whatever weapons THEY wanted to use not what someone else thinks is best for them.

Same as GR1. Why did some numpty insist that I, as a Demo guy, could not have a sd weapon? Even an mp5sd would of been nice. NO, you have to have a loud weapon as a Demo guy! Ha! Not any more i made my own kit list thnx, same deal.

And Sleepdoc, I agree with you on that. The majority of guys in the gaming grooup I belong to are like me all old men and have no interest in trying to compete with the youngsters at their level of reflexes and would just like to play a nice game of CoOp amoung ourselves.

Fair comment, I play co-op with a mature group, and hope soon to make some mature, fun co-op missions. No respawn, team work needed.

Hey, i still play GR1, i know what can be done.

:thumbsup:

Idea Management is a disciplined approach to generating, capturing, and analyzing ideas within an organization. Provided a organization creates a culture that values creativity and encourage participation, a formal idea management process should improve a organization's ability to innovate, and especially to maintain a steady flow of innovation ...

To make follow-up work, you need to develop a culture of accountability.

The Blueberry

You confuse me Blueberry. I live in a world of rules like this and work in my own life to create such environments. but rarely do people who make emotional "This thing is made by doo-doo heads" type posts also come up with posts like this. :rofl:

But I like this post very much. Becuase it is spot on.

The problem is that I have not yet seen evidence that GRiN is unaware of this reality. In fact, everything I have seen so far points to this very philosophy you espouse running headlong into the real-world reality of limited resources. Time will tell how they manage this collision. But they managed it pretty well in GRAW1 (IMHO), and recent admissions by GRiN Kufa and others tells me that they do understand accountability.

Let's give them time.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Let's give them time.

They've had time. They've had since 2001, and more recently since GRAW, to get it right.

To the topic, this game has no future with the PC. The GR name has been murdered, and we all witnessed it. I'm awaiting a subpoena...

You confuse me Blueberry. I live in a world of rules like this and work in my own life to create such environments. but rarely do people who make emotional "This thing is made by doo-doo heads" type posts also come up with posts like this. :rofl:

Let's give them time.

Sorry Doc,A man gets gruppy with old age,Patience tends to were thin.No,id say for sure im not the man in real life as The Blueberry persona I hide behind and everyword is not POOP.I play games to relieve stress and escapism.lol.Im sorry Doc.But ive watched everyones posts over the years and what they asked for in a GR game.I just dont see that in what they have given us in the last two games.I think they have done a good job on improving the engine,But maybe it wasnt the appropiate game engine for what we wanted.I also think most of us wanted more realistic game play.Im sorry but alot of the mp is turning into CS type gameplay.Most of the weapons are not right,No nade control at all,sounds suck worse than Graw1.ect.Yea I know,its been sacrificed for playability.I think this site has done a good job of restricting the negative feedback and forcing some real dialog.Me included.But times up.Its time to hold someone accountable.Time for them to put there money were our mouths are.If you cant get peeps to play what we already have,is what to come any better?All im saying is,They better start spending money to get it right or there wont be anyone left to play it.I play it all the time,But its getting old.Its all been done and better in some ways.Love ya Grin.

Sorry Doc ,but in the real world,customers have choice on the product they choose.If a product doesnt meet there critera they move on to the next.Since we all agree we are GR JARHEADS,Moving on is not an option.It like the old MA BELL monoply.You cant change providers,so you complain.lol.I think they better come up with a really great patch.

I'm an old fart to :rolleyes:

And i agree 100 %

I have cash in my hands and if they ( GRIN) dont suply,well...its shopping time.

Lets face it guys,GRAW1 kinda sucked,GRAW2 was what GRAW1 was supposed to be.

In my line of work its: 1mistake i have my boss telling me of (and i start to learn the way things work), mistake 2 is....the sack.GRIN knew what we wanted,but still failed to deliver. 1+1= 2

The only reason i still play this game is ...well there's not much out there for us pc-gamers :wall:

Sorry Doc,A man gets gruppy with old age,Patience tends to were thin................lol.I think they better come up with a really great patch.

Hi blueberry,

thanks for reading my post and answering in the spirit in which it was intended. I was recognizing, as you correctly surmized, that the post revealed you as a person older and deeper than some of your previous posts. I used to think from your posts you were about 20. :D But you gave away your true pesonality with that post and so I called you on it for fun.

I get where you are coming from. My expectations are very different than yours. But I respect your position. but i finally got my wish so i can relax now. A place to report bugs that will be moderated with extreme prejiduce for any post that weren't directly used to help the patch team. So now we have this forum for complaining and a place for the rest of us who aren't interested in using our energies in that way. So now we can all tolerate the other side better becuase we have 2 places to do 2 totally different things.

A place to report bugs that will be moderated with extreme prejiduce for any post that weren't directly used to help the patch team. So now we have this forum for complaining and a place for the rest of us who aren't interested in using our energies in that way.

And were would one go to post these bugs? :D Or is it top secrete G100 stuff. :D And by the way,Game isnt all bad.But the maps are to small for most 32 person play.I could see were 8 to 16 players on most maps would be a good match.There isnt much room to manuver and two many choke points.

And were would one go to post these bugs? :D Or is it top secrete G100 stuff. :D

Its not top secret at all. when you come into this forum and you are looking at all teh first page topics, look up at the other forums listed at the top of the page. Its right in front of you. It was started a few days ago

and BTW. Love the Chris Carter reference from Rush hour. I'll def be going ot see RH3.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=204

Edited by Sleepdoc

But the maps are to small for most 32 person play.I could see were 8 to 16 players on most maps would be a good match.There isnt much room to manuver and two many choke points.

personally i think 32 player games/matches are stupid - there is no way you can coordinate those numbers of players, and it ends up one man for himself.

i think the max size for serious gaming is prolly about 8 players per team but 3v3 up to 7v7 is about perfect i think.

and thats why these GRAW2 maps are spot on for league matches.

i cannot wait to release this new gametype and modified maps - i am creating new sections to the original maps, modifying existing zones, and increasing the number of choke points and creating height variations where there wasnt before.

believe it will take all of your senses and focus to try and cover all the angles effectively (but no fear - it wont be out of control - just [GR] style - enough happening to keep you worried and/or on your toes).

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

personally i think 32 player games/matches are stupid - there is no way you can coordinate those numbers of players, and it ends up one man for himself.

Sacrelige!!! Burn the HERETIC!!!! :rofl:

i think the max size for serious gaming is prolly about 8 players per team but 3v3 up to 7v7 is about perfect i think.

AMEN BRUDDA> I lost the love of massive gamesd a long time ago unless teh map is very very large and very well designed. I willa dmit that TDM in GRAW1 could go past those numbers and still feel gritty and sneaky becuase of their size and layout. Maps like downtown and shanty town. But there was very little team work on those. at least for me. probably becuase i wasn't in a teamspeak server with a squad I had joined. I was more of al one wolf. But those smaller "hunt in packs" games like 4v4 TDM (or objective based TDMs) are unsually the most tactical.

Like the post. but be careful. the BF2 folks might burn you at the stake for openly stating such Heresy!