Whats The Future Of GRAW2

Until then you can continue playing GR and GRAW cause those has a lot to offer in coop.

Yeah...what happened? I think we got less than our $50 paid for. <_< or whatever people paid for their game. less than six months and GRAW2 will be a sub $10 bargain bin title...betcha! :thumbsup:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to remind others that Grin said we'd get tools like they used.

From the tutorial;

"The editor provided to the public is the exact same version that has been used by Grin during the development of GRAW2. It’s not designed especially for public use, which many other editors released to the public are, and as such it has an interface that is a bit rough around the edges and not totally logical due to constant changes and additions to the game functions during development, but I’ll cover all that and try to straighten things up a bit. It’s also not fully stable so play it safe and save often."

Man, I just have to say it.

Let the cards fall where they may.

Papa6, your never ending line of GRAW bashing posts has really become one of the most irritating things on this site.

First it was the game, now the tools you were given suck as well. I don't think there's a single thing GRIN could do for you that would satisfy you.

I've been around a few modding tools in my time, and I don't see anything wrong with what GRIN released. They seem fine to me.

Give it a freakin' rest already.

Sorry Rocky.

Edited by MONOLITH

Ok mono I'll explain myself. they did say that the tools THEY(Grin) used to make GRAW2. but what has materialized is an editor that makes it harder to make maps. just pieces and it makes even getting maps working harder. It was a studio built editor and never meant to be released. "The editor provided to the public is the exact same version that has been used by Grin during the development of GRAW2. It’s not designed especially for public use

you proved my point..thanks. :thumbsup:

Also, Grin said they had render farms for doing the lightmaps, which since your a modder might have access to such hardware.. maybe?

case in point;

when you make your map and are ready to do the lightmaps? you have to hit F12, then ctrl+ backspace to start the lightmap creation.

But according to the tutorial, if you want to use a "draft" render of lightmaps, you have to unbundle your quick.bundle, find sb_global.xml and edit it accordingly. what a crock. you're criticizing me monolith for something that's insane. I won't repeat myself but for reference sake mate : http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=488630

viiiper agrees with the insanity, he stopped trying to figure it out before he even started.

besides, not to make anyone mad intentionally, but i am a paying customer. :whistle: if I'm irritating you mono, sorry that was never my intention. but truth can never be denied.

Edited by Papa6

you're criticizing me monolith for something that's insane.

Not really.

And now that I have a few beers in me and I'm feeling all romantical...

No real offense is intended, even though I offended you.

But my gawd man, it's getting so old. It's the game, it's GRIN, it's the tools. it's the tutorials, and if you run out of things to bash, you'll find something else.

If GRAW and GRIN are making you so miserable, go play something else. Life is too short for you to be so miserable, and for you to be spreading so much misery.

I've been seeing your posts for weeks, and everyone of them is simply meant to bash and trash a really good game, and the good folks who made it.

If it ain't working for you, then move on.

I happen to think GRIN raised the bar with GRAW2. Does it have flaws? Of course it has flaws. What game doesn't?

But GRAW2 is hands down the best tactical shooter experience to come down the pike in a long long time.

Meh. Whatever. Nothing I say will change anything. Post whatever you want. It's your life. But it's also Rocky's website. Maybe think about not ###### all over it.

Papa6, your never ending line of GRAW bashing posts has really become one of the most irritating things on this site.

First it was the game, now the tools you were given suck as well. I don't think there's a single thing GRIN could do for you that would satisfy you.

I've been around a few modding tools in my time, and I don't see anything wrong with what GRIN released. They seem fine to me.

Give it a freakin' rest already.

agreed - how many times/how many posts do I have to read from papa-whine?

you dont like the game - go play sumthin else...or build a bridge and get over it.

there is a point when constructive criticism has ended and the repetitive whining has begun - you crossed that point a long time ago.

find another game...or call a waahmbulance.

it's pathetic tbh.

now the tools may not be as easy as some modding tools, but things can be done with them if u take the time to do them - at the same time the game is a lot more advanced then [GR] so I would expect it to be more complex. it's a new engine too and duznt work like the older engines - you cant change these things - they are as they are.

now im not going to get into a flame war with you about it or an ongoing arguement, bcoz if you cant work out already that the way you're behaving is childish and immature - then you never will.

Well, I said what I said, because the urge to vent that was just too overwhelming.

I don't want to see the thread get locked though, and it wasn't my intention for anyone else to add to it or pile on.

Let the thread just go back to it's topic. Sorry for the interruption.

viiiper agrees with the insanity, he stopped trying to figure it out before he even started.

Well I hate to say this but VIIIPER has quit GRAW2 over this and has moved on to set up Crysis.

He is one of the most important modders in BDA and this has really caused a problem with me anyway,

the map making and the server tools has been really a pain. We can't even restrict kits or lock our server for scrims

we are losing players due to this and I can only hope things will get better with GRAW2.

wot do u mean lock the server for scrims?

can u not close of a server for a match? this is essential, and kit restrictions too.

Nope won't work.

It shows >/set_password

>/set_password_enable

But It won't work, we have tried and the only way is to do it top side and not from the console.

We were waiting for the patch to fix this but it was not there and with out kit restrictions and the ability

to lock the server we can't do much.

Whats The Future Of GRAW2

Whatever you want it to be. Each to there own, and time will tell.

:cheers:

Indeed, I mean its not like we have a ton a FPS's to choose from and GRIN, in my opinion has done an excellent job, not perfect but certainly its a step above the rest of the tactical shooters.

I've had nothing but fun playing with BSR, HOT, AFZ, CLONE, ICE, S7 and many others, TWL is starting to take off with their ladders, 25 teams last time I looked and the future appears bright. If ya don't like it then obviously dont play it but for sure there is a silent majority that plays the hell out of this game.

Well, GRAW 1 was patched to 1.35 and GRAW 2 is only to 1.03. While I know that there is no direct relationship, but I hope that is some indication of Grin's committment to supporting GRAW 2.

Sorry to ###### on your bonfire cangaroo, but by saying that graw had 35 patches eg 1.35 and that Graw 2 has only had 3 eg 1.03 is very misleading even by a fanboy like you.

GRAW 1 did not have 35 patches lol :)

If i remember correct: These are the ones i can recall 1.06 - 1.3 - 1.35

wot do u mean lock the server for scrims?

can u not close of a server for a match? this is essential, and kit restrictions too.

Amen - I so hope we get this stuff in a next patch (especcially kit restrictions like in GRAW 1 )

If you start a private server then you can lock it but if you are on a ded then the control won't work from the console.

But does it for dedicated at startup when they don't need to use the console?

Not everyone has direct access to the server, some Admins have to admin via the console, console passwording for locked matches does not work for console. With a server if you give 30+ admins access to the box, then chaos can occur.

That will be a problem. Password only via main server access on startup.

Yeah me and my friend haven't played the game for weeks now. From what I heard it doesn't sound like many of the issues we brought up were patched. I downloaded the patch but I just lost interest in the game. Only things that might bring me back are Brettzies' M468 mod and Snowfella's Magpul Masada mod but that's it.

Whats The Future Of GRAW2? It's now officially dead as far as I am concerned. I can't convince the other 40+ members of the team to buy it because they like me don't like the way CoOp was done in this game. I enjoyed the SP and feeel I got my moneys worth just from that but with the (very minor) complaints we have with CoOp it's no fun playing it at that level.

Try some TDM against humans. It's alot of fun.

I played TDM nightly in GRAW1 for months on end. About 3 or more hours per night for as many as 6 months without a break. It was a ton of fun. and the more I played, the better I got. the more freuqently I eneded up near the top and the more frequently i made freinds becuase i saved their butts and they saved mine .... cross covering and all that ....

But I would still say to you Rugg. try coop sometime. It too is a lot of fun. Its a different kind of fun. its different becuase the behaviors of humans are so different than the behaviors of AI. And I know a lot of AI can really suck. But some well made Coop maps are dripping in suspense and danger. It can really slow the game down and bring back a sense of gritty anticipation that TDM never creates for me. And as for Comeraderie with close friends? Coop stands alone. Only in TDM games that permit squads to spawn together can TDM even ever come close to the comeraderie developed in Co-op. At least, that has been my expereince for the last 17 years of gaming.

Both are excellent forms of play. But let's face it. Coop is the more rare. Coop is the mode seen less and less these days and deserves to get special attention just for that reason. not to mention that Coop games are popular among small groups of freinds. the silent numbers of people who are rarely seen becuase they dont bother with the big name servers and the big crowds.

Edited by Sleepdoc