Weapons Restrictions

iNs.ZinK.

Hi guys,

Now patch 1.3 is out, is it possible for someone with greater knowledge than me, to create a weapons restriction mod. Preferably restricting GL and M99? Perhaps I can edit this once I have a template?

I dont want to sound bone idle but I have searched the forums and read the tutorials to no avail!

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Now patch 1.3 is out, is it possible for someone with greater knowledge than me, to create a weapons restriction mod. Preferably restricting GL and M99? Perhaps I can edit this once I have a template?

I dont want to sound bone idle but I have searched the forums and read the tutorials to no avail!

Cheers,

It's in the "MP Game modes" tutorial. Several chapters of info on ranks files and custom soldier templates so you must have reed them very badly. Look again. ;)

Guest User Name

I admit, I must be reading them badly. But where is the mp_ranks.xml. I cannot find it anywhere and same for the other xml files mentioned in the tutorial.

Cheers,

So to ban a weapon you must make a mod that everyone on the server must download?

Yes. But it can be packed with custom maps in the same bundle.

To remove weapons from the original maps however you'll need to use the mod bundle as you need to override stuff. But you can get around this by creating another instance of the original maps in the custom levels folder structure type and so they will no longer be overriding, but duplicating, so use a difference in the map name. I would use a small mod bundle for the server, but that's just me I guess.

That's the problem. If you want to ban a weapon from your server you need to have a mod for it. It gets harder on custom maps because a lot of people are probably going to use their own kits, meaning you need to be able to block out the ones you don't want on there too.

That's the problem. If you want to ban a weapon from your server you need to have a mod for it. It gets harder on custom maps because a lot of people are probably going to use their own kits, meaning you need to be able to block out the ones you don't want on there too.

For custom levels you have the option of using the kits that the level creator decided should be used on his/her level, or change it. The first option would be nice wouldn't you say? But it's not that hard otherwise either as long as maps are linked to the same ranks file (default being mp_ranks.xml), then only that file has to be modded on the server.

That's the way it is right now. There are a few of us that want another system though... and have been talking about it since early spring.

To remove weapons from the original maps however you'll need to use the mod bundle as you need to override stuff. But you can get around this by creating another instance of the original maps in the custom levels folder structure type and so they will no longer be overriding, but duplicating, so use a difference in the map name. I would use a small mod bundle for the server, but that's just me I guess.

Hello again,

Any idea how big that mod would be if we had to duplicate all the original maps?

So to ban a weapon you must make a mod that everyone on the server must download?

Why didn't GRIN include the same feature to remove weapons on the server as in GR:AW 1 ?

You could easily remove the weapon you wanted (then again, GR:AW2 has a different kit selection as GR:AW1).

Are you guy's thinking about including something like this in a next patch (if that's a possibility)?

Will the mod then auto download from the server?

Don't know. Custom levels will, but I don't know about mods.

Servers for all types of games usually have home pages where the mods used on them can be downloaded as well.

Update on this. Found out today that auto download for custom levels was not implmented in 1.03. So mods are definently not auto downloaded.

Update on this. Found out today that auto download for custom levels was not implmented in 1.03. So mods are definently not auto downloaded.

Where the mod auto downloaded in GRAW 1? I once set up my own server w/ Brettzies mod & only people who downloaded the mod themselves could join; so my guess is it didnt auto-dl in GRAW1

Where the mod auto downloaded in GRAW 1? I once set up my own server w/ Brettzies mod & only people who downloaded the mod themselves could join; so my guess is it didnt auto-dl in GRAW1

Custom levels did. There was no other mod support in GRAW1.