Patch.bundle & Extractor

No worries mate.

Judging by what your getting I'm guessing having to use DOS was a gone and dead concept when you started using computers, it's all GUI's fault...lol

Do this, open the command prompt and type in F: and hit enter...that swaps over to the F: drive instead of the C: drive.

Now type in the following

cd Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2/public_tools/bundler/
Now you have changed over to the folder that contains the bundler program. Lastly type in the bundler commandline
bundler extract -r patch.bundle data data

Or.

Go to Start -> run -> find the bundler exe and select it and press ok -> add "extract -r patch.bundle data data" after the last " and press enter.

"Invalid switch -/Ghost"

Let me try what Wolfsong posted.

It sure would help if I could type faster, we would have been done 30 minutes ago.

Go to Start -> run -> find the bundler exe and select it and press ok -> add "extract -r patch.bundle data data" after the last " and press enter.

SUCCESS!! Thank you guys!!

Edited by bigcat75

Let me try what Wolfsong posted.

It sure would help if I could type faster, we would have been done 30 minutes ago.

SUCCESS!! Thank you guys!!

Good. And it requires less typing. ;)

:wall: It helps to copy patch.bundle into bundler folder--such a rush I had placed it into public_tools folder. For those on xp who used default installation, go as follows:

C:\Document and Settings\user name(this is your default screen on command prompt)>cd\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

hit enter

Resulting line will have > after bundler. After the > (enter code) bundler extract -h hit enter--you see screen Snow posted but with default xp path. ie .....\bundler>bundler extract -h

To extract bundle, again after bundler> (enter the code) bundler extract -r patch.bundle data data.

ie ......\bundler>bundler extract -r patch.bundle data data

Important to remember--create your data folder in the bundler folder and as Snow said--copy and paste your patch bundle from the bundle file into your bundler folder. New files will be in the data folder in your bundler folder.

LordB, no problem. I always had a comfort zone in dos from windows 3.1 days, but was ready to shoot myself as well when I realized I didn't put patch bundle copy in right folder. Thought I'd save a few headaches for others.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

after you have installed the patch just check you GRAW2 installation folder...there will now be a subfolder there called public_tools.

In there you can among other things find the bunder program, that you really need to run by using the windows command prompt (or the new DOS for the oldtimers here <_< )

just wanted to know how to use this added feature in order to get it to extract the files? I've only used the other type of extractor for Graw 1. Honestly it's been such a long time that I've forgotten how to do it in the first place..

Thanks

Tone

Edited by Tonefish1

• 1 month later...

It's been posted everywhere in this thread, from the first page to 5 posts above yours :)

Thanks but it still won't work for some reason?? I have tried both bundle file's or prompts. But the "Bundler" one just flashes and dissapears. The other "Bundle" (Ms-DOS Batch file" just says there is an error

ERROR: E:\code\tng\branches\graw2\deiselx\source\utility\archive.cpp(2071) Cannot open C:\program files\ghost recon advanced warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler\-d\bundles\quick.bundle with creat mode" 0x3, access:0x80000000, share_mode: 0x1 =>error code 0x20: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I cannot do anything be cause first I don't know where the problem lies.. I was able like I said in my earlier posting to modify the old GRAW game.. but this one isn't?

Thanks

Tone

• 4 months later...

Click on your start menu (the little blue ball with the windows icon in it) and right above that it should say "Start Search." In that type in cmd and press enter.

Alternatively, you can go to the start menu, open up All Programs, and look under Accessories. In there there's something that says "Run" and that works too.

Bundler can be anywhere you want it, but it must be in the same folder as the bundle you want to extract.

Example:

I created a new folder on my C: named unbundling

In it I place:

1/ bundler.exe

2/ new empty folder named data

3/ quick.bundle for extracting

start / run

type cmd < opens command prompt

type dir c: <lists all in the C drive

type cd c:\unbundling < navigates to my folder

type dir < to see list of enteries in folder

type bundler extract -r quick.bundle data data < to extract all into the data folder created earlier

If my bundler was in the default location, I would of changed just the navigation line to: cd C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

c: is my default drive, yours may differ.

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hello

sorry for my bad english i m french

please i do not find nemons bundle for download , i just find bundle exe and the ghost editor in the graw 2 directory

where could i find the nemons bundle ???EXTRACTOR

and i had found a 3dsmax copy but it is the 9 so where could i found the maxexporter for 3dsmax9

best regards

marins

Hi, you no longer need (or use) nemon's bundle extractor.

It has been replaced by the GRIN one that comes with the game, bundle.exe.

See my post (above yours) for a link to the video on the GRAW2 wiki that shows you how. You will also find detailed instructions on the wiki.

Re3dmax, sorry, I can not help there.

Dav.