Slow Running speed

deco21

Ok well first off,

I had bought Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter 2 recently and exepected it to work fine as I use a state of the art computer. But as usiual it didnt, it was choppy at best when i first ran GR:AW2. So I upgraded my graphics card to the Nvidia Inno3D 8800 GTX (one of the best graphics cards on the market) and also upgraded my graphics driver to the latest version out aswell, so surely it was bound to work, but actually, i ran the GR:AW2 again and not much difference had occoured, even though I had upgraded my computer significantly. It was still choppy and gittery when in gameplay. I used 'Auto Suggest' in the video setting so that it was adjusted to my computers standards, which was mostly high, and put it onto my screens full resolution (1680 x 1050), so I really cant see what is making my game so slow, and I really dont know what to do to sort this problem out.

I use:

- Dell Dimension 9200

- Windows Vista Ultimate edition.

- Intel Core 2 duo. 1.8 GHz

- 2GB

- Inno3D Nvidia GEforce 8800 GTX , 768 MB

- Driver version 7.15.11.5824 , Driver date 26/04/2007 Note: also installed July version and August Beta but much worse performance.

- Sound card manufacturer : SigmaTel

- Sound card : SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC

- Direct X 10

Hope you can find a solution

Thanks

Edited by deco21

Well technically speaking your E6300 CPU (1.86GHZ) does not meet the games minimum speed requirement (2.0GHZ), so that might be a part of the problem. Your system RAM and GPU are good to go, above the recommended specs.

Does your 9200 have the stock PSU (375watt)?, a quick check of that 8800GTX shows a minimum power supply requirement of 450watt (@30Amp) for the system. This could be a/the problem.

Do you have/use Fraps and what is your mean FPS?

The CPU is a dual core CPU so the number of instructions per second should be more than the standard 2 GHZ single core CPU. Although I am sure it has a stock PSU, I dont know what the power rating is.

I havent ever used Fraps before, so what do i need to do to get this recording.

Thanks

PS. My Inno3D 8800 has 2 power sockets, and my computer is only using one of them, so would using both of them make the difference?

Edited by deco21

If you want to know the power rating of the PSU, just crack open the chassis and there should be a compliance label on the units case.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php (Freeware version)

Yes, both of the GPUs PCI Power slots should be filled up, one directly from the PSUs PCI Express connector, the other from the supplied (6-pin to 4-pin) PCI Express supplementary power adapter, attached to an available peripheral power supply connector. 8800s are power hungry.

But be sure to read the cards manufacturers specific instructions on this before proceeding.

What you are being told is correct you either need to run a power supply with duel connectors or the video card is supplied a second one in the box that plugs into a spare connector from the PSU either way the card needs two power supplies.

The instructions I got with mine says "MUST" have duel power supply.

:huh:

When you got your Puta did they not give you the boxes that the components were supplied In if not as DELL for them.

Edited by Aracnid

Hey

My game is now running at an amazing speed, and is on full resolution. I could turn all the video settings up to max and get going. All i really needed to do was make sure both sockets were in use in my graphics card. Anyway its problem free.

So I will consult you all for any future problems.

Thanks a million for your help.

Edited by deco21