Campaign coop server "cannot establish connection"

sgt.hoot

Hello! :)

OK I have finaly solved the problem on the maps that wouldn't load up, when I was hosting a server online. The ONLY maps that would load up, were the number 1, 2, and 7 maps. All other maps would give me a connection issue error, and I could not play or host them. So I did what most players do in that case, I uninstall the game totally, when I say totally, it's the grand total. So I made sure all traces of GRAW2 would disappear from my PC. Cleaning up the registry base, defragging, etc. I have use some tools, and very easy one, to make me achieve this:

First I have used: Ccleaner

Second: Advanced WindowsCare Personal

I have then defrag and restarted my computer. Make sure on your C drive that all folder from GRAW2 if any exist after this, you destroy them. NO TRACES OF FORMER INSTALL MUST RESIDE ON YOUR COMPUTER. So again make sure all traces from the game will be erased.

Then I have reinstalled the game, patch it, and defrag again, and restarted my comp. And it worked the game now launch all maps when I host an Online Coop Campaign. and no crash. :thumbsup::D

[Merged with your existing thread - Please try to stick to one thread]

Edited by Pave Low

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the 1.02 worked just fine, so our systems couldnt be that bad

and still could someone just try a clean reinstall? no reg cleaning plus if our PCs work(ed) just fine we shouldnt have to go through a defrag and reg clean, and we shouldnt have to do that for a freakin game!

Edited by sgt.hoot

this is stupid we shouldnt have to defrag our freaking computers when they ran just fine without the patch!!!! we shoulnt be fixing this grin should be!

A computer is a complicated piece of equipment and as such should be serviced on a regular basis, otherwise what you hold on it will become unstable.

Fragmetation causes files to be spread out along a drives surface, if this fragmentation gets too bad the system will slow and somtimes crash.

It has nothing to do with the software.

However a patch can change things within a game to the point that it may not function as before.

It is a well known fact some fixes cause more problems, but this is what feed back is for.

A well oiled system is a much better machine to game on and far more stable, than one that is not.

Those of you with problems since the patch, ie creating servers etc, remove your old profile.

This will set things to default.

But obviously before patching make sure your system is in top condition.

Edited by Colin

OK, GRIN, Wolfsong,

I have tried uninstall, no reg changes, defragged HD and a clean install, patched and still the same problem as reported in this post. Yall are gonna have to patch the patch. This is pitimus to say the least, the game was working fine with 1.02.

this is stupid we shouldnt have to defrag our freaking computers when they ran just fine without the patch!!!! we shoulnt be fixing this grin should be!

A computer is a complicated piece of equipment and as such should be serviced on a regular basis, otherwise what you hold on it will become unstable.

Fragmetation causes files to be spread out along a drives surface, if this fragmentation gets too bad the system will slow and somtimes crash.

It has nothing to do with the software.

However a patch can change things within a game to the point that it may not function as before.

It is a well known fact some fixes cause more problems, but this is what feed back is for.

A well oiled system is a much better machine to game on and far more stable, than one that is not.

Those of you with problems since the patch, ie creating servers etc, remove your old profile.

This will set things to default.

But obviously before patching make sure your system is in top condition.

Seems to be a fix for some. Delete your profile, log back in with original details to make a new profile.

You should always have a resonably defragged HD. Don't drag us into peoples badly serviced systems...

mine is perfectly maintained thats the point its my brainchild! plus some people dont know how to do a reg clean or a defrag

im now gonna go vent my frustrations on WoW....EDIT: WoW is offline now im gonna go shoot stuff :P

Edited by sgt.hoot

Last night we got so tired of trying to get GRAW2 going that we went to GRAW1. One of my buds said his settings in video and controls were all out of whack and had to re-do them all. The only thing he did was install the patch.

I personally did not see a problem, but I know his machine is new and has been runnight flawlessly until the patch was installed.

Check your GRAW1 and make sure it's still as it was when you last played it before the patch. If it isn't then there is even more problems that this patch is causing.

Rav :zorro:

PS: This thread had more to it, but it was censored.

Edited by RavenousNC

Hello Again!

Well bad news the problem on connecting to my server is back again so to all of you guys sorry, and GRIN get your butt on a patch, cause all of these guys in here are saying the truth. I have fix the problem but suddenly after playing on my server, the problem came back again. So I am not defragging, cleaning and fxing registry, except uninstalling your damm 3rd class game. Am ###### off right now. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Edited by LegionnaireDan

The patch is flawed Wolfsong, my pc is maintained properly and you shouldn't have do all the work to your machine to get a patch/ game to work right. Im' ready to use this game as a drink coaster.Yes we are frustrated can ya tell. Thanks GRIN

:stupid:

Not calling you stupid. It was the only graphic I found that pointed to your quote and said I agree.

Edited by RavenousNC

Still not working after I do a defrag on my hard disk an also clean registry.I knew it won't work but it was my last hope.

Impossible to host any of coop type :(....I quit till you fixed it...and hope you will do it soon...1.03 is a big deception...a fiasco.We are already a few players...GRAW2 is very sick... :shhhh: ................. :tomato:

I patched my game this morning, and played so today about 4 hours.

coop tvt etc no problems, I played also with about 30 other guys.

If this patch as some of you think has screwed the game up......................

WE WOULD BE IN THE SAME BOAT DONT YA THINK.

But no its fine.

So would one of you game experts like to explain this for me please.

Try the delete user profile that will work :D

Edited by Colin

I have looked at the tec posts and there is about nine of you here and 5 at Ubisoft = 14.

So tonight there are about 460 people on the servers, so I say again if was a real problem it would effect all players.

This is a big problem for any Developer does the fault happen for all players on this particular thread the answer is no, which makes this error you are haveing more difficult.

So the best option as always make sure as has been said in this thread already make sure your system is as good as it can be and completly upto date re drivers etc.

Like I said earlier delete your profile and redo info this will set all back to default.

i did it dosent but still if there are so many of us that have this problem why not even look into it grin? god i think this game is already dead

:rofl:

Post the names with this issue, so we can round up the guys with the issue. Mines been fine, along with multiply people i have jump in with tonight, plus contacted by other means. I`ve had a good 5 - 6 hours today since the patch, been modding, T v T, Co-Op. Had the editor open several times. Not a single crash here.

I can imagine there is an issue sgt.hoot. But nothing is dead because YOU cannot play it right now. Goes to all in general. These Forums is here for us to be some sort of a community. Nothing to do with Grin. Do you see them posting elsewere? They can only try to help. Go bug UBI. :shifty:

yes and also you look at all the other bugs and glitches :P i wanna play graw2 the just as much as you guys

okay and also tell me if this is correct: i went to settings proflies and deleted my profile and stil same error, did i delete my profile correctly?

Edited by sgt.hoot

Also Colin there could be 10,000 people playing happily on servers. It's the people trying to HOST the campaign coop servers that are having issues. And as you may know this mode is not supported by the dedicated server side.

Player=someone joining a server to play.

Host=Some one running a server and maybe also playing on it too.

Hell of a difference there. So while all you players are running around enjoying the game, we that try to host sit here wondering what went wrong!

I did notice that after the "happened upon and unknown error" showed I had to re-log in to GameSpy. The error box was crowned with a "log in failed". So is GameSpy the problem? And why only with maps 3,4,5,6,8,9,10?!?

This is ridiculous.

Jack

Edited by ARUJackal