Patch 1.03 Released

Oh. I told Rocky to put hte tutorials up in the download section as well, in case people wants to have them sometime when they are away from their game or something. WHo knows when creativity sparks? :rolleyes:

I'll add the tutorials to the downloads shortly - I'll check with Wolfsong first and get the latest versions.

That would be great - at the moment I'm stuck on a mine site and can't play GR:AW2 but reading the tutorials will keep me going for a while :thumbsup:

They are in the download section now.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...view&id=657

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wall: The patch is small and limited.

1. Did it work for you ?

2. Was it worth it ?

3. Could it have been better ?

4. What was missing ?

5. Should weapon types been be allowed to be turn off ?

6. Should mods be allowed ?

7. Is the anti-Cheat worth it ? or passed over to punkbuster ?

All of these above should be address'd

As Blackfoot Studio's says Do not build your community around a Game - Build your game around a Community

and the ghost recon community is big.

And we have been waiting along time, so please GRIN/UBI get it right... Blackfoot Studio's is coming to walk all over you. :hmm:

[Merged into existing thread - No need to start a new one for that]

Edited by Pave Low

Seem to have a problem with the 1.03 patch. When running a non-dedicated Online Campaign Server, most maps will not load. Get some sort of message about not being able to connect to the server. Funny thing is I AM the server! (Please note, this all worked fine before the patch and is affecting my friends as well who have the same problem when they try hosting the server.)

Anyways, played around with trying to load various maps and found that the smaller maps seem to load just fine but the larger ones do not. It almost seems to be a time issue. If it doesn't take long to load the map, it loads fine. Missions 9 and 10 are out of the question. In fact only 4 maps would load. I did find if I put all the maps in with a small one first (like mission 1), we could play almost all the maps. However, some of the other players would get messages about not being able to connect to the server on mission 10.

Any ideas?

I did try [GR] and that seems to work fine, but we aren't too fond of [GR]. (No spawning on leader and no setting up your own kits really isn't cool.) We prefer Campaign Coop.

Just found a major glitch in single player. In Act 1, one of my new saved games (auto-saved under 1.03) has developed a major problem. One of my squad members is now always aiming upwards, and won't move when commanded (he confirms the command but won't move). He just stands in the same spot with the same pose, and even if you budge him to another position, or give him another command, or he comes under fire, he still aims upwards and won't follow orders.

I've reloaded the game and the savedgame several times and the glitch is always the same:

graw2glitchsd8.th.jpg

I've had this happen too. He did not react to my moving commands anymore, but once I issued a "follow me" command he came out of stasis and was back to normal. Only happened once though.

The glitch was stock, right out of the box.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...4760&st=60#

- Using the new 'SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS' audio renderer +EAX results in a lot of crackling during the game. I have no problems with my Audigy2ZS in any other game, all drivers are up to date and the system is rock solid.

I'd like to confirm that there is quite a bit of Crackling in the game when using Audigy soundcards with EAX enabled.

No crackling on my Audigy 2 with EAX on. It works perfectly on my rig.

As for the current patch i can see that 90% of it is mainly for MP mode.

I'd say that 2/3 of it was aminly modding. Which is aimed towards both SP and MP.

Hi Wolf thx for the reply. What about our questions regarding the teammate stuck everytime load the game from quicksave? Is Grin currently working on a next patch?

No crackling on my Audigy 2 with EAX on. It works perfectly on my rig.

Same here. Had it cranked up last night nice and loud through headphones with EAX on, sounded great.

Check your driver. (I know, everybody says that). But if you go to the creative website, it will scan your PC and check all your creative related drivers and automatically download anything you need.

I don't think this has to do with this patch. It most likely a rare savegame issues. But not something I'd seen before.

Wolfsongs right. I had this one time prepatch. It's related to the save file. It just caught the guy at a strange moment of AI calculation and gets stuck, because when you reload the save game, the trigger to finish the 'thought process' isn't there.

I had to just shoot Beasley in the head and move on.

It's a very rare thing though.

Also I have gotten a pretty good boost in fps area.

You know, I thought this too, but I saw nothing in the list about performance enhancements, so I thought it was just me.

But I do seem to be running smoother.

I also removed a lot of things from my HUD with the new Alpha xml, so i thought maybe that did it.

Either way, I'm really happy right now. the new ability to tweak the hud is exactly what I needed.

It's amazing how getting rid of info on the HUD actually changes the way you play the game. For the better.

Edited by MONOLITH

Seem to have a problem with the 1.03 patch. When running a non-dedicated Online Campaign Server, most maps will not load. Get some sort of message about not being able to connect to the server. Funny thing is I AM the server! (Please note, this all worked fine before the patch and is affecting my friends as well who have the same problem when they try hosting the server.)

Anyways, played around with trying to load various maps and found that the smaller maps seem to load just fine but the larger ones do not. It almost seems to be a time issue. If it doesn't take long to load the map, it loads fine. Missions 9 and 10 are out of the question. In fact only 4 maps would load. I did find if I put all the maps in with a small one first (like mission 1), we could play almost all the maps. However, some of the other players would get messages about not being able to connect to the server on mission 10.

Any ideas?

I did try [GR] and that seems to work fine, but we aren't too fond of [GR]. (No spawning on leader and no setting up your own kits really isn't cool.) We prefer Campaign Coop.

SAME PROBLEM HERE...There are six people who play in my group. No one can start a Campaign Coop server except for map 1. We can almost always start the coop maps. If someone does get a Campaign Coop map up other than map 1 none of us can see his server.

Can anyone answer this one? I'm finding there are a lot of people out there now having the same problem.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...45997&st=60

Same here. Had it cranked up last night nice and loud through headphones with EAX on, sounded great.

Check your driver. (I know, everybody says that). But if you go to the creative website, it will scan your PC and check all your creative related drivers and automatically download anything you need.

Everything on my system is 100% up to date and optimal. It's not a system issue. No other game crackles through my Audigy 2ZS, whether DirectSound or OpenAL.

While Creative sound cards are known to have issues with the PCI bus which can cause crackling, the strongest likelihood in this case is that the issue is specific to GRAW 2, hence it's being pointed out for GRIN to examine and fix if possible. It's not a major issue since we can still use the Generic Hardware option at worst, which isn't bad at all.

I'm guessing you guys are running XP as the Vista people said EAX was useless for them and used some other drivers which gave them the same feature.

Yes, this is on XP SP2 fully updated. On Vista EAX should work since GRAW 2 is an OpenAL game; it's only DirectSound games for which hardware-accelerated features like EAX require the Creative ALchemy solution people may be referring to. In any case again it's worth investigating for GRIN, but it's not the highest priority problem at the moment - I'd say the random crashes are far more annoying.

Edited by PersianImmortal

I'm guessing you guys are running XP as the Vista people said EAX was useless for them and used some other drivers which gave them the same feature.

I think this is called some sort of API wrap to get the sound to work. vista is weird :wacko:.

What about our questions regarding the teammate stuck everytime load the game from quicksave? Is Grin currently working on a next patch?

No patch will fix your save game as they delete save games. But as for what happened with your save game, like Monolith wrote, it's something that is very rare and not a real show stopper. So reload last save before it.

What about our questions regarding the teammate stuck everytime load the game from quicksave? Is Grin currently working on a next patch?

No patch will fix your save game as they delete save games. But as for what happened with your save game, like Monolith wrote, it's something that is very rare and not a real show stopper. So reload last save before it.

It's happened to me as well. It is not a show stopper and can be worked around. To get the Ghost to stop looking up and to move give him a move order in first person. Don't use the map. After that he should be free and back to normal. It worked for me. I hope it works for you to.

PS: This bug is nothing new. It happened to me in the orignal GRAW also. It's very rare but it does happen.

Edited by Demanufakture

I have a ZS Gamer and the new drivers gave me lackluster sound and tons of crackling on XP Pro. I went back to my old previous drivers and they sound great. The version number is 5.12.6.402. They're from 2003. ;)

When I used the 2003 drivers GRAW 2 didn't recognise the card, but it does with the latest ones. No issues here, so far.

When I used the 2003 drivers GRAW 2 didn't recognise the card, but it does with the latest ones. No issues here, so far.

Same here, but the sound is better w/no crackling and EAX works fine. I have the Logitech 5500 5.1 sound system. Just choose Hardware mode.

Edited by ruggbutt

Hi all,

Campaign Coop map does not work anymore (end of load, cannot connect to server). It's a big drawback. No testing team before patch release or is it that no one care about coop/mission play?

Campaign coop server "cannot establish connection"

Pls try to use the Search Function or at least read the Tech Forums for issues.

:rolleyes:

Link fixed

Edited by Pave Low