Patch 1.03 Released

3.7. Release notes

**** v1.03 ****

- Fixed some firewall server browsing issues.

- Fixed server sorting to sort on number of players instead of max.

- Fixed save crash on Ageia Island when running Extreme Physics mode.

- Fixed missing Rate of Fire sound on the HK21.

- Enabled all Map Editor functions.

- Added tutorials to \public-tools\tutorials\ (Only available in English)

- Added various modding tools to \public-tools\

- hud_visibility.xml added to settings folder, which enables advanced

users to select transparency of hud elements.

- hud_palett_2.xml added to settings folder, enables advanced users to

change the colors of the hud and menus.

- Fixed some issues with weapon mod equipping / removing.

- Fixed some faulty server settings.

- Fixed some collision issues on multiplayer maps.

- Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.

- Ghost speech properly disabled if you uncheck Voice Quotes in options

Either start the game up and use the auto-patcher or go to here and download it.

For those wondering the mod tools are as follows-

Atlasgen - The atlasgen tools takes the raw textures, applies the conversion rule and outputs either a converted set or a baked atlas in a directory structure that can be read by the texture database.

Bundler - Takes files together and puts them in a bundle, useful if you want to make nothing more but scripting changes to a map, or create a mod bundle.

Max8Exporter - Exporter for 3DSMax 8 to the required format for models.

Tutorials - Three sets of tutorials that are VERY big and VERY in depth. One is for the editor, another is for game modes/kits/classes, and the third is for scripting.

The map editor is now enabled will full functionality as well :)

Two more fixes/changes I've found that weren't on the list. One is that the multiplayer server list is MUCH more responsive and doesn't just stop for a few seconds while getting all the information. Another change is that if you cannot ping a server for whatever reason it shows a ? instead of a 0 or nothing.

Edit again.....

Can any confirm that the bundle extractor doesn't work on the new patch.bundle? Or is it just me?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.7. Release notes

**** v1.03 ****

Either start the game up and use the auto-patcher or go to here and download it.

Atlasgen - The atlasgen tools takes the raw textures, applies the conversion rule and outputs either a converted set or a baked atlas in a directory structure that can be read by the texture database.

Bundler - Takes files together and puts them in a bundle, useful if you want to make nothing more but scripting changes to a map, or create a mod bundle.

Tutorials - Three sets of tutorials that are VERY big and VERY in depth. One is for the editor, another is for game modes/kits/classes, and the third is for scripting.

Two more fixes/changes I've found that weren't on the list. One is that the multiplayer server list is MUCH more responsive and doesn't just stop for a few seconds while getting all the information. Another change is that if you cannot ping a server for whatever reason it shows a ? instead of a 0 or nothing.

Edit again.....

Can any confirm that the bundle extractor doesn't work on the new patch.bundle? Or is it just me?

Any links?

3.7. Release notes

**** v1.03 ****

Edit again.....

Any links?

use the bundler tool to extract the new patch bundle

bundler extract -r <bundle> data <path to extract>

Another change is that if you cannot ping a server for whatever reason it shows a ? instead of a 0 or nothing.

Those are servers that are behind firewalls which messes up the ping. They had really high ping before but now they get a "?" instead.

Thanks for the explanation. That will help in troubleshooting firewall issues also as peeps can contact the admins and tell them that they need to allow the GRAW2 ports

TY Grin_Wolfsong!

question wolfie, ok, i read the tutorial down to the part about the keyboard commands such as ALT+F4 to close the ditor, can I use the CTRL+L to open a map that I'm working on? seemed kinda cryptic in that there's no real clear cut command for opening a map I'm making, just the last save thing. this editor IS as you say..rough :rofl: worse than a tequila hangover :pirate:

...Can any confirm that the bundle extractor doesn't work on the new patch.bundle? Or is it just me?
Me too. Nemons BundleReader has an unhandled exception in the app. And I'm having no luck extracting with Grins' bundler either, standalone or from dos. (*1.02_to_1.03.exe)

Game & editor run AOK. :hmm:

Oh. I told Rocky to put hte tutorials up in the download section as well, in case people wants to have them sometime when they are away from their game or something. WHo knows when creativity sparks? :rolleyes:

I hvae found a few minor errors in them though already. Not sure which version you have in the patch either... But they are no show stoppers for the modders, just copy-past errors or index errors. I'll look through them again and send Rocky an updated version later this week.

question wolfie, ok, i read the tutorial down to the part about the keyboard commands such as ALT+F4 to close the ditor, can I use the CTRL+L to open a map that I'm working on? seemed kinda cryptic in that there's no real clear cut command for opening a map I'm making, just the last save thing. this editor IS as you say..rough :rofl: worse than a tequila hangover :pirate:

You can never load another map then you defined when starting the editor. The "load latest save" loads the latest save done since the last start (I've herd it's not functioning very well and I've never used it). This is why the first chapter of that tutorial tells you how to setup your workflow to be as easy as possible. And I think it's very clear cut in what you have to do and what I suggest you do. Read everything in the editor tutorial... It was sone in just a few days and contains 90% facts and tips. Wasn't time to do many examples.

If you for some reason want to go backwards in the saves, they are all available in the level folder (remember not to bundle those later on...) and it's always the world.xml that gets loaded when you start the editor. So backup the current world.xml and make a copy of the instance you want to start and name it world.xml instead and start the editor. Not very often you want to go backwards.

Oh. I told Rocky to put hte tutorials up in the download section as well, in case people wants to have them sometime when they are away from their game or something. WHo knows when creativity sparks? :rolleyes:

I'll add the tutorials to the downloads shortly - I'll check with Wolfsong first and get the latest versions.

Patched our server, did a quick 10 minutes on coop_quarry. So far so good. Gotta run or I'll be late to work! :P

Yes, the server list fix is very nice. Hope some other issues we've had on coop clear up too.

Edited by buttercupp

Patches are usually always good. Now for the future we need to look at different means of connection to a server, new maps, new features, more difficult way of using the sniper, and others...

all and all I am happy for now...

Thank you GRIN

Edited by [MAD]Inferno