Any one else Dropping back to DT after shooting

After I tried that Physx thing in the settngs xml file I have been dropping back to the desktop after I kill a couple of tangos on any mission single player or MP CoOP. I had saved an original copy of the file so I deleted the altered one and put the original back in place but it still happens. I did not have this dropping problem before trying this change. Anyone else had this happen? (I'm hopping the patch will set things right if not its reload time.)

Fletch, I didn't do the change, but I remember folks saying once you made the change in xml, you had to make a change in video settings and apply for new physics to take place. Maybe you could do the same in reverse to get game back to normal settings for physics, make change in video settings, click apply and see if that gets you back to normal.

Crash in application version: 30553.2792

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

graw2 (???) : ???

??? (???) : ???

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\moodmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\moodmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Tried patching and making the video change, fm 1280x1024 to 800x600 hit apply then back again and as soon as I hit the first 2 tangos I got dropped with the above msg. I think its time to remove and re-install the game.