Next GR:AW 2 Patch - Monday

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They forgot:

- Adds bundle support for custom maps (like in GRAW1).

- Adds bundle support for mod (1 actived before game start).

that's important the mod active. that's another plus I can stop worrying about :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but in MOP this is basically an expansion pack to GRAW. I can appreciate the effort that GRIN has put into the GRAW PC effort, they still packed this game with an awful lot of things that no one who played the [GR] asked for. Had the original GR not been so full of cheaters and hacks in multiplayer I would still be matching today. I own and played GRAW in the multiplayer mode and found it merely OK as it did not offer much in the human vs human type of play. No ladders or leagues...no way to actually form a team. Also...you guys that shelled out $100.00 for both games as I did make me sick when you praise and gush all over your selfs because the game developer made a patch. I built my system specifically for GRAW. I have inspected, weighed and found GRAW & GRAW2 to be lacking. The [Ghost Recon] had a huge following for years. I frankly do not expect GRAW2 to last one year........Sorry just my opinion.

I'm sorry but in MOP this is basically an expansion pack to GRAW. I can appreciate the effort that GRIN has put into the GRAW PC effort, they still packed this game with an awful lot of things that no one who played the [GR] asked for. Had the original GR not been so full of cheaters and hacks in multiplayer I would still be matching today. I own and played GRAW in the multiplayer mode and found it merely OK as it did not offer much in the human vs human type of play. No ladders or leagues...no way to actually form a team. Also...you guys that shelled out $100.00 for both games as I did make me sick when you praise and gush all over your selfs because the game developer made a patch. I built my system specifically for GRAW. I have inspected, weighed and found GRAW & GRAW2 to be lacking. The [Ghost Recon] had a huge following for years. I frankly do not expect GRAW2 to last one year........Sorry just my opinion.

GRAW2 has 15 teams matching at TWL. Come and join the fun. No respawn TDM is way better then the pubs.

How about the draw distance? this is a HUGE issue that not I only brought up but many others as well.

No change in draw distance. It would a performance hit on lower end systems and not being considered. But wasn't this modded in GRAW1? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Somewhat modded. Papa6 did it, but his download was an around 1GB or so. I managed to try this out once (at a 2mb file size or so, can't remember) and made the distance at 250m. The only problem with it was that all guns except the M99 would not shoot past 150m even when the files were changed to make them shoot 1500m. It was still fun sniping rebels from over 200m on Mayday in coop though.

In reply to Zoots comment below - I wouldn't just ditch the lower end users, but if they had an easy to edit all in one file or a slider in the options menu it wouldn't be a problem. Minimum 100m maximum 200m for example. Of course, for those who are going to say "It makes it uneven for matches!" that's why the server auto-locks it at whatever the server admin desires (probably at 150m stock).

I also have the Audigy problem.

(Audigy 2 ZS)

:|

Audigy2 ZS Gamer and no issues w/sound.

hmm, I'll wait for the patch, but if nothing changes this map is unplayable for me :(

about the drawing distance:

players with low end systems DO have disadvantages anyway, regardless of some people having higher drawing distance.

So please add a slider for the drawing distance!!! (a guess, hopefully I'm wrong: this 150m is hardcoded in many places in the engine and changing that is a lot of work, so it's not about low end systems but about a lot of work for GRIN)

If you CAN add a slider, please DO it, maybe you do something good for world economy because some people consider on buying a new PC :thumbsup: Please don't wait with that untill GRAW3 !!!

Edited by xtraclip

I'm not having a go at GRIN as I'm sure they are under certain financial or other restraints. However if the first major patch is released a month after the game is out, and the game itself is - let's be honest - only going to last around 12-15 months at the most, this is not something to be overly thankful for. Consumers used to expect games to be quite complete and solid out of the box. For us to start thanking game developers for slowly patching faults out of the game is a bit silly in my opinion; I didn't pay for GRAW 2 on an installment plan, so I don't expect it to be fixed on an installment plan. There should have been more than enough feedback from the beta and the public demo to resolve these issues sooner.

Once again, the wonderful advice people have about mods allowing various servers to run different settings to address balance issues is pretty much pointless. There are only literally a handful of populated servers currently available. Ignoring the fact that some of them lag badly (likely due to CPU issues, not ping), several of them already have silly rules, such as the 3 respawn limit, and I've just come from a clan server (SRT server) where they say it's ok to spawn camp (i.e. sit right inside enemy spawn and kill people as they respawn).

I mean really, if all the various balance and cheat issues are being left in the hands of server owners and clans, then all the game will do is suit particular server owners/clans. In other words if you're not in a clan which owns a server, you have to accept all sorts of wacky crap that server owners decide is good for you. If they decide to mod out a weapon you like, or create an imbalance to suit their own preferences, tough luck, you have to accept it because there are no other servers to play on.

People who know me and who've played with me know that I can play reasonably well, that I don't like cheap tactics, and I don't complain while I'm playing. But this is not what I paid for when I purchased GRAW 2, the box didn't say "Limited online playing opportunities and gameplay may vary significantly on different servers". I've started advising people not to purchase GRAW 2 until it becomes clearer what fixes are coming up. Sorry if that seems "whiney", but a multiplayer game with a few servers, most of which are designed to suit the server owner is not my idea of a fun time online.

Blueberry, you are peeing in the soup we all have to drink. Please reconsider your attitude.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grin2:

Thats so funny :D Ya were are still working with Tomato soup. It will be nice to eat a chunky soup with a spoon.. :D Sorry,,I play this game everyday I can. Maps just getting old..Itll be nice to turn you guys loose with the mod tools to come up with some goodies. Since thats all you been yelling about. lol Did I here Wolfy right when he said you wont have to restart Graw for a download to take efect?/Or was I wrong?And will servers be able to download again??Come on guys how hard is it to ad some sliders for some of this Xml stuff. :wall: My God.Add a tab in the options menu.

You were correct with the restart thing Wolfsong confirmed it in another thread. Unfortunately, they haven't changed the loading of ALL the bundles at startup. So the map bloat longer startups and restarting the game after DL'ing a map still plague the engine (amongst other things). I guess we're used to it right.... :(

I guess we'll have to wait for the patch to see if the autodownload still works. I just tried it with the coop_dam and hacienda maps and it didn't work with the xml syntax from GRAW. That doesn't mean it won't be there but that it's either not enabled in this version of the dedi server or the syntax of the xml might have changed.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

I'm not having a go at GRIN as I'm sure they are under certain financial or other restraints. However if the first major patch is released a month after the game is out, and the game itself is - let's be honest - only going to last around 12-15 months at the most, this is not something to be overly thankful for. Consumers used to expect games to be quite complete and solid out of the box. For us to start thanking game developers for slowly patching faults out of the game is a bit silly in my opinion; I didn't pay for GRAW 2 on an installment plan, so I don't expect it to be fixed on an installment plan. There should have been more than enough feedback from the beta and the public demo to resolve these issues sooner.
:yawn:

Yeah, and typewriters didn't require as much maintenance as a PC. Sorry, but back in the golden age of PC games when games were perfect upon release the internet was not quite as pervasive as it is today, and you didn't have all the "HYPE HYPE HYPE" and the anticipation and subsequent disappointment cause by a delay notice. Coding was much more simple (anyone remember playing ASCII games), and they didn't have the ABILITY to patch a game. And everyone here knows that Crysis will not be released when it's done, but rather when it's stable.

I remember back in the day the only way to find out what games were available was to go to Toys R Us and browse. I'm sorry but that was a different era.

Here's another analogy:

You don't start erecting a skyscrpaer when the entire job is fabricated. You get the first few floors ready and then you feed the job. We're happy because we get paid and can finance the completion of the rest of the job, and the customer is happy because he gets something to look at other than a hole in the ground. Once we're done, if the customer (you) is not happy, he can blame the architect (Ubisoft), not the fabricator (Grin).

I guess we'll have to wait for the patch to see if the autodownload still works. I just tried it with the coop_dam and hacienda maps and it didn't work with the xml syntax from GRAW. That doesn't mean it won't be there but that it's either not enabled in this version of the dedi server or the syntax of the xml might have changed.

There is no custom bundle support before the upcoming patch, and as such there is no auto download before the patch.

Once again, the wonderful advice people have about mods allowing various servers to run different settings to address balance issues is pretty much pointless. There are only literally a handful of populated servers currently available. Ignoring the fact that some of them lag badly (likely due to CPU issues, not ping), several of them already have silly rules, such as the 3 respawn limit, and I've just come from a clan server (SRT server) where they say it's ok to spawn camp (i.e. sit right inside enemy spawn and kill people as they respawn).

I mean really, if all the various balance and cheat issues are being left in the hands of server owners and clans, then all the game will do is suit particular server owners/clans. In other words if you're not in a clan which owns a server, you have to accept all sorts of wacky crap that server owners decide is good for you. If they decide to mod out a weapon you like, or create an imbalance to suit their own preferences, tough luck, you have to accept it because there are no other servers to play on.

People who know me and who've played with me know that I can play reasonably well, that I don't like cheap tactics, and I don't complain while I'm playing. But this is not what I paid for when I purchased GRAW 2, the box didn't say "Limited online playing opportunities and gameplay may vary significantly on different servers". I've started advising people not to purchase GRAW 2 until it becomes clearer what fixes are coming up. Sorry if that seems "whiney", but a multiplayer game with a few servers, most of which are designed to suit the server owner is not my idea of a fun time online.

Most of the community is complaining that there are too few server option and you're on about it being to many...

As for limited server availability, not really something we can do anything about. And if you want to match, either of the two clans to play the match must setup the server for it to be a secure match. So for clans it shouldn't be a problem.

The draw distance is fine. If you can't get a kill w/in the draw distance we don't need any of you n00bs camping it up with a sniper rifle taking pot shots.

Get in the game.

While I would like to see greater draw distance, I think the draw distance is fine for adver. As long as everyone has the same draw distance, it's balanced and it one of the aspects of the game that players have to get used to.

However I do take issue with it in SP and coop. Especially when the AI can shoot you from outside of it. Either the AI esp needs to match the draw distance or the draw distance should be lengthened to match it IMO. This has plagued GRAW since the beginning but I don't know why they haven't done anything about it. Since it's obviously not a priority I doubt it will ever be addressed which is unfortunate.

One thing GRIN should consider in a future patch is the addition of being able to bypass Gamespy and have a join by ip option .. PLEASE PLEASE GRIN could you consider this for the next patch or is there a reason we are being forced to go through Gamespy ??

The draw distance is fine. If you can't get a kill w/in the draw distance we don't need any of you n00bs camping it up with a sniper rifle taking pot shots.

Get in the game.

While I would like to see greater draw distance, I think the draw distance is fine for adver. As long as everyone has the same draw distance, it's balanced and it one of the aspects of the game that players have to get used to.

However I do take issue with it in SP and coop. Especially when the AI can shoot you from outside of it. Either the AI esp needs to match the draw distance or the draw distance should be lengthened to match it IMO. This has plagued GRAW since the beginning but I don't know why they haven't done anything about it. Since it's obviously not a priority I doubt it will ever be addressed which is unfortunate.

Out of interest, can i ask were this happens? I have yet to be fired upon from an AI that i could not see or shoot first.

<_<

Great job GRINNers......hands_clapping_lg_clr.gifgrinnerscob.gif

I need some clarification on an issue. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 as in my specs below. In the original GRAW the game auto detected my Audigy 2 and set EAX on. In GRAW2 however it auto detects Generic Hardware with EAX off. When I open the hardware selection tab in sound it only lets me pick either Generic Hardware or Generic Software. I have been playing just fine with Generic Hardware with no EAX, but I would like the sound of GRAW2 to at least sound as good as it did in the original GRAW. Is this going to be addressed in the patch? Why can't the game detect my Audigy 2?

Have an Audigy 2 ZS also but I can only select 'generic software'. My sound in arroyo is almost none existant. I can't hear my footsteps (except in spawn) and once I leave spawn they disappear and other players footsteps come and go., sometimes I hear them and sometimes I don't. The MP demo recongized my soundcard but the SP Demo and Retail do not. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers but to no avail.

Anyways, patch looks great and looking forward to it.

Me too BOTA..... running Vista 32, don't know if the OS is the Issue!! :wacko:

Remember... vista has NO EAX. Instead it uses Open AL. Check creatives website. I think they added OpenAl support to the Audigy 2 and might be why there is mixed feelings of why it works. Also download the latest open AL 1.1

If you need more help with it post it in tech support and we'll link you.