Next GR:AW 2 Patch - Monday

Link.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2...13/m/7641022185

Posted Fri August 10 2007 07:12

Hello everyone. I am excited to release the information about the patch being released on Monday.

I don't have an exact link or time but I know you'll be happy its coming.

List of fixes

- Fixed some firewall server browsing issues.

- Fixed server sorting to sort on number of players instead of max.

- Fixed save crash on Ageia Island when running Extreme Physics mode.

- Fixed missing Rate of Fire sound on the HK21.

- Enabled all Map Editor functions.

- Added tutorials to \public-tools\tutorials\ (Only available in English)

- Added various modding tools to \public-tools\

- hud_visibility.xml added to settings folder, which enables advanced users to select transparency of hud elements.

- hud_palett_2.xml added to settings folder, enables advanced users to change the colors of the hud and menus.

- Fixed some issues with weapon mod equipping / removing.

- Fixed some faulty server settings.

- Fixed some collision issues on multiplayer maps.

- Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.

- Ghost speech properly disabled if you uncheck Voice Quotes in options

- Additional fixes to the Serverlisting.

- Fixed the bug when you tried to add favorites on a newly created profile.

Posted By Black_Widow9

Ubi Forum Manager

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for letting us know about the changes. While there are important updates such as crash and bug fixes, it doesn't look like many of the issues discussed on this forum are being incorporated into this patch, such as M99/GL issues, spawn protect issues, anti-cheat issues, etc. This is very unfortunate. I wonder if GRIN can confirm if these other issues will ever be addressed or whether they've decided that they can't do so?

Thanks for letting us know about the changes. While there are important updates such as crash and bug fixes, it doesn't look like many of the issues discussed on this forum are being incorporated into this patch....
While that is a good & important observation, the best news is the release of the editor. Now I think (or at least am hopeful) that we will all see GRAW 2's true potential. Just check out the modding forums and read about some of the possibilities. I find it very exciting.

Good news! Good job, Grin!

P.S.:

Adds bundle support for mod (1 actived before game start).
Wolf, care to elaborate?

Its good to see that Grin are announcing what is in the patch, it hopefully means that we will get it soon.

The modding tools are by far the most important thing to add at the moment. We need to see what the community can do with this game.

@Persian.

I understand that you see some of the other issues as being of great importance but adjusting gameplay style overcomes most of the perceived issues (and you play well enough to be able to get around most of the problems that you see) . I am sure if Grin are convinced that weapon imbalance exists it will be addressed eventually. As for anti cheat measures, well I dont think they are ever going to satisfy the majority of players, we will get what we will get and we will have to make do or develop our own systems.

All in all this is good news for the community and I look forward to further patches to iron out some more of the wrinkles.

My 2 cents (1.75 cents US)

I love this patch, straight to the point no P.u.ss.y footing on topic issues that are not issues ;) A real patch for real players. FIXES, FIXES, FIXES & ADDED CONTENT.

Thank you GRIN & Wolf for being so active and keeping us players in the loop :yes:

P.S.:

Wolf, care to elaborate?

The same system as map bundles, Mods are to be held in bundles, so easier to download & drop into a specific folder. The mod bundle has to be in the active folder before the game is launched, just like a map has to be.

@Persian.

I understand that you see some of the other issues as being of great importance but adjusting gameplay style overcomes most of the perceived issues

I beg to differ, and as you know I raise some of these issues not for myself, but for other players who find it much harder to counter certain tactics and imbalances. Anyway we won't get into details here, I still feel strongly that imbalances such as the M99 and GL require proper fixes, but I won't bog down this thread with a debate on this all over again.

All in all this is good news for the community and I look forward to further patches to iron out some more of the wrinkles.
I agree, and my main concern is for the patches to keep on coming. If they do, then it won't be a major issue, but given what happened with GRAW 1, and what happens with many other games, where after the initial sales period the patches just stop, I'm hoping it won't happen with GRAW 2.

@Persian.

I understand that you see some of the other issues as being of great importance but adjusting gameplay style overcomes most of the perceived issues

I beg to differ, and as you know I raise some of these issues not for myself, but for other players who find it much harder to counter certain tactics and imbalances. Anyway we won't get into details here, I still feel strongly that imbalances such as the M99 and GL require proper fixes, but I won't bog down this thread with a debate on this all over again.

With the mod bundle support, servers now have the option to turn off weapons, kits or classes (or define their own new ones) as the mod bundle is included in the "modified game files" anti-cheat.

Wolf, care to elaborate?

The same system as map bundles, Mods are to be held in bundles, so easier to download & drop into a specific folder. The mod bundle has to be in the active folder before the game is launched, just like a map has to be.

More specfic on the use, the mod bundle to be used (which can only be 1 at the time), has to be specified before starting the game and is used until you exit the game and change back to running without mod bundle or using another mod bundle.

You can of course still use unlimited amount of level bundles and they will all be used if they are in the "custom_levels" folder, just like in GRAW1. And like in GRAW1, the more you have in this folder the longer it takes to start the game. Also notice that modders can NOT include files that override original files in a level bundles, but they can in the mod bundle.

An excellent Idea Wolfsong, one that gives everyone the ability to do what they need to do. A very flexible way of playing your favourite servers the way they want to play. I'm with GRIN 110% on this idea, it's gone far down the road of solving alot of issues.

Thank you once again Grin & Grin_Wolfsong

Are you trying to say I need to download some modtools and crap in patch? Why not make separate tools for those three people who wants them? As we saw in GRAW there isnt any good map makers here, only horrific tryouts released by modders.

There isnt note about sound issues, but pls fix that machinegun sound what is only thing I hear if some one is using it. Very annoying.

Posted Fri August 10 2007 07:12

- Ghost speech properly disabled if you uncheck Voice Quotes in options

Posted By Black_Widow9

Ubi Forum Manager

Cool, does that mean you don't have to hear your teammates anymore in single player?

First of all a big thank you Grin for working on this patch for us. :thumbsup: I find it discouraging to see the "well what about this feature" responses. Give them a break guys, Grin reads the forums and hears your worries and Wolf has done an amazing job on feedback and responses to our questions. Lets let this thread be about what the patch is and not about what is not included. There are plenty of other threads you can contribute to about what others want to see in the game.

Thanks for the support Grin. I appreciate it.

Edited by dporter

Couldn`t agree more.

They have made some necessary fixes, to give us the modding tools. That is a great start, we can push on and begin to create allsorts of new content. Gametypes and missions, plus more. Hopefully allowing them to work on some other features that have not been addressed.

Haz4ard:

As we saw in GRAW there isnt any good map makers here, only horrific tryouts released by modders.

Biro and Deleyt are working hard on this, I hope you are not calling them names?

0:)

First of all a big thank you Grin for working on this patch for us. :thumbsup: I find it discouraging to see the "well what about this feature" responses. Give them a break guys, Grin reads the forums and hears your worries and Wolf has done an amazing job on feedback and responses to our questions. Lets let this thread be about what the patch is and not about what is not included. There are plenty of other threads you can contribute to about what others want to see in the game.

Thanks for the support Grin. I appreciate it.

100% on the nail 'dporter' the ######## are flocking in again and again, thread after thread. Give it a break, I want, I want, I want you to stop whining. GRIN have made this patch in less than 4 weeks.

Ubi said four weeks and we got it in four weeks, remember!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...showtopic=44805

Thanks Colin for posting this and GRIN_Wolfsong for clarifying... you guys just made my day :thumbsup:

- hud_visibility.xml added to settings folder, which enables advanced users to select transparency of hud elements.

- hud_palett_2.xml added to settings folder, enables advanced users to change the colors of the hud and menus.

Clean HUD...I'm all warm and fuzzy. :yes:

Are you trying to say I need to download some modtools and crap in patch? Why not make separate tools for those three people who wants them?
Yeah, Wolf! That's total BS. I want...nay...DEMAND...the option of whether or not to install each and every individual file! :rolleyes:

That's the best idea I've read ever on an internet forum - And all this time I thought you were just a joker Cangaroo, but it would seem you are quite the genius :P

many of the issues discussed on this forum are being incorporated into this patch, such as M99/GL issues

Is this really an issue? GL's have always been a part of the Ghost Recon series, learn to work around it, live with it or move on to something else. The M99 can be adjusted(made heavier), but it is not such an advantage as is stated in some of the threads. Its a single shot bolt action rifle...make the guy miss and the ball is in your court. Personally I rarely use it, but its a great weapon and would be missed. Enough crying about it already.

As Wolf said one patch at a time. People cried that there was no editor, looks like we're getting it. Collision around certain objects in MP was a problem, looks like that was attended to.

If they held out for much longer to include everything, there would be bitching and moaning about a patch taking too long.

Your attention to support is appreciated GRIN. BTW.....for a guy who play 95% TDM MP, there are some issues, but none that hold this game back from being a winner. Currently it is very matchable. Would love to see "Save Replays" in the future if its possible, but overall GJ.

I wonder if there's more to the modding tools than just a map maker...

I hope they mean that when they wrote it like this.

- Enabled all Map Editor functions.

- Added tutorials to \public-tools\tutorials\ (Only available in English)

- Added various modding tools to \public-tools\

If that means that there are more tools added, I cant wait to see what they are, and what other people can do with them.