GRAW2 weapons

Everyone, of course, has weapons or weapon options they'd like to see added into GRAW2 (cough, cough, M14 with red dot, COUGH,) but I'm curious as to which weapons people are actually using, especially in comparison to what they may have used in GRAW, or even GR.

Hopefully, this can be helpful to everyone, as sometimes, weapons have a very specific good quality that's easily overlooked. For instance, I had long ago written off the RX4 in favor of the M416 (I didn't like the 'loose' feel of the RX4 at all when firing on full-auto) but recently discovered how ridiculously accurate it is on semi-auto and now use it almost anytime I opt for a rifleman kit.

This would be a great poll, but I'm just a lowly member.

Coming from GR, to GRAW, to GRAW2, my general tools of choice were:

GR - 7.62mm carbine (or FN FAL or whatever it was)

GRAW - SCAR-H with foregrip, scoped depending on map - coming from GR, I missed the '1 shot, 1 kill' feel and felt that that H had more stopping power, making it for feasible to use on semi.

GRAW2 - RX4 (for reasons mentioned above,) or the M8 assault kit. The SCAR-H fell out of favor, as GRAW2 feels even more forgiving in terms of damage. I don't snipe very often, but when I do, it's the M14, all the way, as I like the sound it makes when I miss people.

I almost always stick exclusively to the rifleman kit 7 (M416/Red Dot/Silencer and a G18). In GRAW 1 I always used a M8/Red Dot/Silencer with a M9 and extra hand grenades. In [GR] SP I switched a lot, usually used a sniper of any type though.

I'm not a fan of the Rx4 anymore though because of that ridiculous triangle instead of the red dot and I don't care for it's iron sights. The weapon itself looks great and I love it's sound effects, but I just can't get over that crappy triangle.

GR- There are still so many good weapons that I still haven't tried yet but have to say the nod goes to Prozacs' M4 SOPMOD...these really stand out from the pack and are some beautiful work. :thumbsup:

GR:AW- SnowFellas' M4A1 SOPMOD. Period. :thumbsup:

GR:AW2- M14/M21

____

Is it just me (not) seeing things or have the detail/textures of the weapons (and vehicles) been reduced in :AW2? For instance, run a mission in :AW and take a look at the SAW (or UH60), then at the same graphic settings do the same in :AW2.

I think the Rx4 is a great gun to use in GRAW2, but I NEVER use it, because I feel the gun is a cash in. The gun is not being used by the US military (or ANY military in the world at that) so, why the hell is it even in this game? Because it looks cool on the box and it will sell more games. Same with the MR-C.

My fav kits are

1.M416 with aimpoint and supp.

2.SCAR-H with aimpoint

3.M14 unscoped

Edited by Zoot

In GRAW I generally used the SCAR-H + scope, and sometimes suppressed. In GRAW2 I find I start to run low on ammo with it real quick so I've been using the SCAR-L in it's place. It seems to have almost as much stopping power too.

IIRC in GRAW1 you could pick up ammo as you went along but in GRAW2 you either take the whole weapon or nothing ?

GR- There are still so many good weapons that I still haven't tried yet but have to say the nod goes to Prozacs' M4 SOPMOD...these really stand out from the pack and are some beautiful work. :thumbsup:

GR:AW- SnowFellas' M4A1 SOPMOD. Period. :thumbsup:

GR:AW2- M14/M21

____

Is it just me (not) seeing things or have the detail/textures of the weapons (and vehicles) been reduced in :AW2? For instance, run a mission in :AW and take a look at the SAW (or UH60), then at the same graphic settings do the same in :AW2.

Couldn't tell you really, but the MR-C map is the same, so it just could mean a trade-off for the other maps. So far though I really haven't been too displeased with the textures, quite good in fact. The Aimpoint is different, as it's less detailed and smaller than the GRAW one.

For GR... my own custom rifles when I actually could use 3DSMAX

GRAW: MR-C68, same combo but liked the M8 every once in awhile too.

Nah, atleast the weapons haven't been reduced in detail from GRAW to GRAW2. What they have been is beaten up some more, there's a crapload more fine wear and tear added in almost all weapon textures. So if anything you should be seeing more fine detail in GRAW2 than GRAW. Just open up the GRAW and GRAW2 bundles and compare textures for yourself and you will see :yes:

Nah, atleast the weapons haven't been reduced in detail from GRAW to GRAW2. What they have been is beaten up some more, there's a crapload more fine wear and tear added in almost all weapon textures. So if anything you should be seeing more fine detail in GRAW2 than GRAW. Just open up the GRAW and GRAW2 bundles and compare textures for yourself and you will see :yes:

Which in some cases... is actually pretty nice, but I figure if I'm going to be playing an SF dude... my stuff is going to look sparkling clean.... But my Aimpoint from Iraq? Yeah it's beaten up pretty bad, and attempts to clean it has just left it still the same. The dust is off, but it's beat up, but works :)

Which in some cases... is actually pretty nice, but I figure if I'm going to be playing an SF dude... my stuff is going to look sparkling clean.... But my Aimpoint from Iraq? Yeah it's beaten up pretty bad, and attempts to clean it has just left it still the same. The dust is off, but it's beat up, but works :)

The aging was added to reflect the closeness of GRAW2 to GRAW1. You've been in combat for a while even when the game begins.

Figured it would of been something along those lines. :thumbsup: Have to say I'm envious of Straha's skill in aging them aswell...might want to pass that along the next time you run into him at the watercooler wolfsong ;)

Plus some of the pics I've been sent by real operators of their personal armament has looked like they have been dragging them behind a truck for a few 100 km's. Exterior look has nothing to do with how well the interior parts has been looked after.

Just remembering my old AK5 and it's look...have to say there wasn't much left of the green enamel in some areas after I was done with it :whistle:

In GR it was almost always the SA80 + nades combo. I think that was universally accepted as the best standard kit in the game.

In GRAW, the SCAR -H with scope & foregrip / supressed MP5 / nades

With GRAW2 I'm still experimenting with the kits but The MRC + red dot / MP5 / nades - Assault 2 I think, is proving something of a fav.

I'm also a fan of the M14 for sniping, but alas appreciate that the M99 is the only really effective sniper at the moment :(

I'm original GR till I die, GRAW1 passed me by but I recently upgraded my PC and I'm currently enjoying GRAW2, shooting the HK416 until someone mod's me a HK417 !! Love those iron sights but go Aimpoint on occasions when required. Usually carry the USP .45 and can't leave home with out a couple of grenades can you ? Will be mixing it up multiplayer soon, away for a few days so havent been on this week.

• 3 weeks later...

While I think the game has a pretty good line-up of available weapons, it's a crying shame to abandon in place this beauty...

brownsm240zi0.th.jpg

I know they ran up against the clock with the M240 but still it would be nice if Grin (on Ubis' dime) could finish this up as an easteregg and include it in any forthcoming patch.