doors....

sui317

okay last week i found something in the editor.

it was a door with animation, atleast that was the discription

it is in the list of statics (one of the three sublists, on the bottom)

i don't have my editor context xml at the moment for the editor so i can not show it

but i figured maybe some one could look at it,

the file name is *** anim door i think somewhere at the bottom.

don't want to create high hopes but i did see something....

Just another piece of junk GRIN forgot to exclude (like in GRAW1, grin forgot to mask out some things that have no function), this time its, doors. GRAW2 has no opening doors (as stated by GRIN).

stupid.gif

p.s.

Except for the dummy doors in the missile silo in mission 10

There is a door_open sound file but no door_close file. Noticed the animation door in the props, but 1 look at it would say that`s not what we mean by a working door.

Grin did state in GRAW1 Forums somewhere, that no doors did not mean it was not impossible. But no word on this for GRAW2. Something I would really like to see also.

Tinker

personally i dont think we need doors, heres the dilemma, what if a you are tryin to get into a room and a guy inside keeps closing it, then we'd get a doors awareness week

Ummm, you put a breaching charge on it and destroy it permanently, or destroy it with a grenade?

Doors, like in Ravenshield, would create more strategy, and make CQC in GRAW even better (not that there is currently much in the way of CQC in the GRAW series).

doors are not about campers, it is the unknown and the sound.

you know something is there when you hear a door

which door ? RVS was a nightmare if you put lots of doors in a map and you let the AI do its job, walk the premmises you'd be there in a room, scared cause you heared the doors and when was your's going to open, or should you open and maybe alert the AI ?

in mp i guess it would be just the same, opening a door is a move that alerts others of your presence. and vise versa

this is an element in gameplay we miss,

who cares for the campers, it is the anticipation of thinking you are going in a hot room and finding out you were fooling yourself and start slacking then a door opens and BANG your dead.

this is what i miss, but i guess that is personal...

doors are not about campers, it is the unknown and the sound.

in mp i guess it would be just the same, opening a door is a move that alerts others of your presence. and vise versa

this is an element in gameplay we miss,

but i guess that is personal...

I agree. GRAW1 should have had doors to begin with.

Missing them in GRAW2 is a mistake.

I Dutch we have a saying that goes: "a donkey never hits his head twice on the same stone"

Some developers do I guess....

Look all you door fans,

There is no doors, there will be no doors (please quote me in 12 months), Grin said it when I asked them in a PM and it won't be done. Back with GRAW1 we said doors not being part of the game was a mistake and it still is the same in GRAW2.

The reason I don't know, but I do know the action and reaction along with trigger event do not marry up, you couldn't make it if you wanted too, I think this is why GRIN has no doors in GRAW2. There is something about animated props being set by a trigger that has to become an event.

I gave up with it all, as the whole thing was getting too cryptic for a simple game. Try all you want but doors are not on the menu for GRAW2.

RSE Ghost recon, Doors,Mistake GRAW1, repeated GRAW2, no doors.

It was stated by Wille during GRAW 1 that doors are not impossible

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39528

It was also stated by Wolfsong that doors are not impossible

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45845

It may not be the exact way people wanted (simple physics instead of the press x to open), but it's something that could make for some interesting gameplay.

When I think about it you only need one step of damage. The collision against the human is not a damage action. You can push around physics objects all the time. It's only for when you want something to change during the mission, like when you destroy it.

:rofl:

I think that reply was meant for the "Press X for action" thread?

Seems a bit out of place to me here? :unsure:

When I think about it you only need one step of damage. The collision against the human is not a damage action. You can push around physics objects all the time. It's only for when you want something to change during the mission, like when you destroy it.

:rofl:

I think that reply was meant for the "Press X for action" thread?

Seems a bit out of place to me here? :unsure:

:rolleyes: Yes... I had both open at the same time and posted it wrong. Didn't notice it until you had replied in the other topic and I was wondering where my last post had gone to. :wall::P