Ghost Recon.net Forums

Almost 1800 lines in that template XML file now...

Hi Wolfsong and thx for your work. I've been through your tutorial about GamesModes and did a bit of work, which is working except for some bugs? i've found with the templates and the way they are displayed :

For example :

<xdefine name="inv_kit_assault_m416sw()">

<weapon_unit name="m416" clips="5" gui_slot="1">

<mod name="aimpoint"/>

<mod name="qd_suppressor"/>

<mod name="m416_frontgrip"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="beretta" clips="5" gui_slot="2">

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="mp5sd" clips="5" gui_slot="3">

<mod name="aimpoint"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="anm8_thrower" clips="4" gui_slot="4"/>

<weapon_unit name="m61_thrower" clips="4" gui_slot="5"/>

</xdefine>

won't show or give in play the "aimpoint" for the M416 (do for mp5sd) but this one will :

<xdefine name="inv_kit_assault_m416sw()">

<weapon_unit name="m416" clips="5" gui_slot="1">

<mod name="aimpoint"/>

<mod name="qd_suppressor"/>

<mod name="m416_frontgrip"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="beretta" clips="5" gui_slot="2">

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="mp5sd" clips="5" gui_slot="3">

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="anm8_thrower" clips="4" gui_slot="4"/>

<weapon_unit name="m61_thrower" clips="4" gui_slot="5"/>

</xdefine>

Seems strange that when "aimpoint" is used for two different weapons, it messes up the first (same thing with scarL).

Second thing is that the little icons showing the weapons in the classes have the following problems :

- passing from a kit with silencer to a kit without and same weapon, the silencer will show (original map dam-ngiht coming from rifleman 7 to 8 will show silencer on 8; going from 9 to 8 will not show it; not present in the game for 8)

- cannot show little icon of Predator (special gui slot to consider?) but show up in game.

- when having kit with only pistol, still show anm8 (may be same problem than the first one).

Please let me know if i'm not doing something right (especially with my aimpoint problem) or if these are all bugs.

Thx.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second thing is that the little icons showing the weapons in the classes have the following problems :

- passing from a kit with silencer to a kit without and same weapon, the silencer will show (original map dam-ngiht coming from rifleman 7 to 8 will show silencer on 8; going from 9 to 8 will not show it; not present in the game for 8)

- cannot show little icon of Predator (special gui slot to consider?) but show up in game.

- when having kit with only pistol, still show anm8 (may be same problem than the first one).

Please let me know if i'm not doing something right (especially with my aimpoint problem) or if these are all bugs.

Thx.

I looked this topic up as I will be posting more in it later today. But I had totally missed this post. This issue is known. The solution is right now to not have the same weapon with different addons in kits next after each other so it has to fully reload the weapon slots when you switch kits.

About the aimpoint on primary and secondary, I'll have to take a look at that today before I post as I haven't even though about it.

Anyhow, back on topic. I picked up my kit system again earlier this week for my new map and will post some more info on the current setup later today. :)

Wolf, a work around I've found was to swap ironsights with aimpoint, having aimpoint being default mod in weapons file for secondary weapons. That way one needs to only list secondary model without addon for aimpoint and you can have aimpoint on both primary and secondary. Downside is you can't get ironsight for those who prefer that look. Can be done for primary weapons as well, for those who prefer having sights on all weapons. Just need to make sure aimpoint or whatever sight your using is referenced in weapon file at top, where it has<---depends on ?????/>-->. info. Sorry I missed Mingala's post as well, could have helped.

Wolf, a work around I've found was to swap ironsights with aimpoint, having aimpoint being default mod in weapons file for secondary weapons. That way one needs to only list secondary model without addon for aimpoint and you can have aimpoint on both primary and secondary. Downside is you can't get ironsight for those who prefer that look. Can be done for primary weapons as well, for those who prefer having sights on all weapons. Just need to make sure aimpoint or whatever sight your using is referenced in weapon file at top, where it has<---depends on ?????/>-->. info. Sorry I missed Mingala's post as well, could have helped.

Thanx TRC.

I'm currently writing down my alpha version of all the kits so I can get some feedback on them before I release the beta version. They will probably need a little adjustments as they haven't been play tested at all. :P

Ok. Here are the alpha version of my class system. The idea is the try to make them all balanced against each other.

GUIDELINES:

They will be available in both Coop and TvT/PvP game play.

There will be different kit setups which removes certain classes and/or kits, like "no frags" will remove all kits with frags and the Assault class and "no GL" will only remove the Assault class.

The ammo count should be low on all kits. You get new ammo when you die anyhow and you can pick-up weapons from dead players, so the player will have the choice of playing tactical and saving their ammo or playing wilder and having to look for new weapons all the time which could make him or her end up loosing their chosen attachments depending on which weapon they find.

Demo Skill is the ability to use C4. If a class doesn't have demo skill they are very bad at placing C4, and it will take them very very long time to do so (currently 99 seconds :P ). I'm also thinking of removing their c4planing ability all together... Demo Skill (0) is currently not used but it has a planing time of 21 seconds. Demo Skill (+1) has a planting time of 14 seconds and Demo Skill (+2) has a planting time of 7 seconds.

The "heartbeat" and "scrambler" functions are so far just an idea of mine. If they don't work out the Tracker and Scrambler class with get merged into CQB and Support will get Demo Skill (0).

The Zeus hasn't been tested in Coop, I think, so if that doesn't work those kits will simply be removed from the Anti-Tank class.

Having those guidelines in mind, any feedback or suggestion is welcome. :)

I have the following class/kit setup working right now with adjusted icons and everything (besides new description text which I'll add when the class types are final). Number inside parenthesis is the number of clips, or round depending on weapon, for that weapon. Add-ons for a weapon are listed before the ammo number.

RIFLEMAN

Standard ACU Camouflage

Type 1: Assault Rifle, Secondary, Smoke

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8/G36/M14 (6) + MP5A4 (3) + Smoke (1)

Type 2: Assault Rifle, Sidearm, Frag

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8/G36/M14 (6) + M9 (3) + Frag (1)

MARKSMAN

Multicam Camouflage

Type 1: Assault Rifle w/ Optics, Sidearm w/ Silencer

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8/G36 + Optics (3) + M9 + Silencer (3)

Type 2: Assault Rifle w/ Optics & Frontgrip, Sidearm

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416 + Optics + Frontgrip (3) + M9 (3)

SCOUT

Tropentarn Camouflage

Type 1: Assault Rifle w/ Silencer, Secondary, Smoke

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8/G36/M14 + Silencer (3) + MP5A4 (3) + Smoke (2)

Type 2: Assault Rifle w/ Silencer & Frontgrip, Sidearm, Smoke

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416 + Silencer + Frontgrip (3) + M9 (3) + Smoke (2)

ASSAULT

Grey ACU Camouflage

Type 1: Assault Rifle w/ GL, Sidearm

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8 (4) + Grenade Launcher (1) + M9 (3)

CQB

Cityblock Camouflage

Type 1: Secondary, Sidearm, Frag, Smoke

- MP5A4/G36C/XM8C (6) + M9/HK45/G18 (4) + Frag (1) + Smoke (2)

TRACKER

Woodland Camouflage

Type 1: Secondary w/ Silencer, Smoke, Heartbeat

- MP5SD/G36C/XM8C + Silencer (4) + Smoke (4) + Heartbeat

SCRAMBLER

Tigerstripe Camouflage

Type 1: Secondary w/ Silencer & Optics, Smoke, Scrambler

MP5SD/G36C/XM8C + Silencer + Optics (4) + Smoke (4) + Scrambler

DEMOLITION

Coyote ACU Camouflage

Type 1: Secondary, Sidearm w/ Silencer, Frag, Demo Skill

- MP5A4/G36C/XM8C (3) + M9/HK45 + Silencer (3) + Frag (3) + Demo Skill (+2)

Type 2: Secondary w/ Silencer, Sidearm, Frag, Demo Skill

- G36C/XM8C + Silencer (3) + M9HK45 (3) + Frag (3) + Demo Skill (+2)

- MP5SD (3) + M9/HK45 (3) + Frag (3) + Demo Skill (+2)

ANTI-TANK

Flecktarn Camouflage

Type 1: Secondary w/ Optics, RPG, Smoke, Demo Skill

- MP5A4/G36C/XM8C + Optics (3) + RPG (3) + Smoke (1) + Demo Skill (+1)

Type 2: Secondary w/ Optics, Zeus, Frag, Demo Skill

- MP5A4/G36C/XM8C + Optics (3) + Zeus (1) + Frag (1) + Demo Skill (+1)

SNIPER

Green ACU Camouflage

Type 1: Sniper Rifle, Sidearm, Smoke

- M14/MSG90 (2) + M9/HK45 (3) + Smoke (2)

- M99 (15) + M9/HK45 (3) + Smoke (2)

Type 2: Sniper Rifle, Secondary

- M14/MSG90 (2) + MP5A4 (3)

- M99 (15) + MP5A4 (3)

COUNTER-SNIPER

M90 Camouflage

Type 1: Sniper Rifle w/ Silencer

- M14/MSG90 + Silencer (2)

Type 2: Assault Rifle w/ Silencer & Optics

- Rx4/ScarH/ScarL/M416/Crye/XM8/G36 + Silencer + Optics (2)

SUPPORT

Brown ACU Camouflage

Type 1: Machine Gun, Sidearm, Frag. Scrambler

- SAW/HK21E (3) + G18 (3) + Frag (1) + Scrambler

- SAW/HK21E (3) + M9/HK45 (3) + Frag (2) + Scrambler

Type 2: Machine Gun, Secondary, Smoke, Scrambler

- SAW/HK21E (3) + MP5A4 (3) + Smoke (2) + Scrambler

Anyhow, back on topic. I picked up my kit system again earlier this week for my new map and will post some more info on the current setup later today.

Hey looks good will this be released with your "new map" as per your quote :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, these are working now.

Ghosts vs. Mercs for the win.

12 classes and a total of 106 kits to select from.

Each class with it's own camo designated and variety in character looks as much as the original content allows.

Still not sure about the tagging and scrambling as that would need play testing by a group of people. Same goes for balancing I guess.

Any squad who feels like giving it a test, send me a PM.

do all players need the mod or just the server?

we at AFZ could probably give it a go since we love tvt!

Everyone will need it. But it's mostly XML stuff so it's not that big. And its a bundle that goes in the mod folder, not local or custom levels. I'm just gonna test start all the Merc kits (which is a lot of fun... I did all the Ghost last night) and bundle it, but I should have it done on Saturday at latest.

do all players need the mod or just the server?

we at AFZ could probably give it a go since we love tvt!

Everyone will need it. But it's mostly XML stuff so it's not that big. And its a bundle that goes in the mod folder, not local or custom levels. I'm just gonna test start all the Merc kits (which is a lot of fun... I did all the Ghost last night) and bundle it, but I should have it done on Saturday at latest.

sorry for being dumb mate but does the server reqiure it i know you say the players require it ??

does anyone have this running at the mo i would like to give it a try.

Edited by JJUK

sorry for being dumb mate but does the server reqiure it i know you say the players require it ??

It will be using the mod bundle system as it will include some other fixes as well... maybe the increased draw distance in the future, so both server and player will need it.

It will work like the NoNarcom setup, which I think is the only other mod out there using the mod bundle system. So basically you select when starting the game if you're gonna use the mod or not by selecting to start the normal way or by the new shortcut.

And, no. It's not out for testing yet as it requires some additional contents.

It would be much easier if it was in a bundle with it's own separate launch file rather than the way most people do it. That way you can have mods AND the vanilla game without moving files around all the time.

And if the patch has an auto-download for both maps AND mods, then even better.

It will be using the mod bundle system as it will include some other fixes as well... maybe the increased draw distance in the future, so both server and player will need it.

It will work like the NoNarcom setup, which I think is the only other mod out there using the mod bundle system. So basically you select when starting the game if you're gonna use the mod or not by selecting to start the normal way or by the new shortcut.

And, no. It's not out for testing yet as it requires some additional contents.

Wolfsong..

Are we gonna get the same new Co-op Mission Collection as the xbox360 got this week or other maps? :ermm:

Thanks for all the work with new contens like mods and other stuff for the game!!

It gonna give some more life into the game w00t

Edited by NoFears

Hey Wolf i havent been drinking but your post has been edited without i showing it has :)

Thanks will see it soon then :)

Thats up to Ubi brov Grin have done the hard work already.

hey colin long time no hear beaver is going to put the server back on line for a while :0

Hey Wolf i havent been drinking but your post has been edited without i showing it has :)

It happens if you edit it fast enough after it was posted. ;)

Are we gonna get the same new Co-op Mission Collection as the xbox360 got this week or other maps? :ermm:

Thanks for all the work with new contens like mods and other stuff for the game!!

It gonna give some more life into the game w00t

Can't tell you anything about it. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

The patch is needed for the class mod, yes. The map is far from being finished though. I'm currently working on fixing some other things. So basically this mod will be a little patch in itself as well, when it comes to XML and graphics.

I'll have the alpha test version ready for Wednesday next week.

Wolfsong, earlier you were talking about making some kits for snipers only matches which is pretty sweet, but I'd like to know if you plan on doing some special kit restrictions for shotguns only games since the new patch will be coming out?

Wolfsong, earlier you were talking about making some kits for snipers only matches which is pretty sweet, but I'd like to know if you plan on doing some special kit restrictions for shotguns only games since the new patch will be coming out?

Sure. In the alpha there are no restrictions. I'm leaving it open right now and will be taking requests once it has been tested. There is no need to set up restrictions until the class system has been nailed down. ;) But the plan is to have restrictions in the beta.

But I'll put it on the request list for now. I actually had a plan about it as well, as another new class just for that restriction as well.

Alpha is ready.

Test version of extension mod for patch 1.5.

Adds new kit setup for MP and Coop, with new classes and over 100 kits to select from.

Includes special classes which will not be used in the standard kit restriction in later versions.

Adds G36K and G36C to SP loadout, with fixed kit icons.

Adds restrictions to SP AI loadout in SP.

Changes arming distance on GL round to 25m.

Changes draw distance to 300m.

Changes AI awareness distances.

Fixes a couple of graphic bugs found.

Now I just need to get it up so people can download it. :)

Alpha is ready.

Test version of extension mod for patch 1.5.

Adds new kit setup for MP and Coop, with new classes and over 100 kits to select from.

Includes special classes which will not be used in the standard kit restriction in later versions.

Adds G36K and G36C to SP loadout, with fixed kit icons.

Adds restrictions to SP AI loadout in SP.

Changes arming distance on GL round to 25m.

Changes draw distance to 300m.

Changes AI awareness distances.

Fixes a couple of graphic bugs found.

Now I just need to get it up so people can download it. :)

Do you need a server to host this ?? if yes drop me a pm.

Arr sp der

Edited by Colin