Please add some punishment when being hit...

...like camera tilting/not be able to raise weapon immediately/extreme bullet spread for a while...

Lot of times I'm the first to fire and hit target, just to see enemy get aware of my position, point at me and BAM!..I'm dead.

For me this is the first thing that should be adjusted on GRAW2 and major reason to see such run 'n gun style of play.

To me the first to hit someone else should have 90% of chance to win a firefight exp. in open areas without covers.

:unsure: I also find this annoying at times, i know its something thats not going to change. But it is off putting in SP when you are less than 8ft away from someoneq who has there back to you, and you put a 3round burst into the back of there neck!! :o only for them to turn round and get a round or two off at you before you can put them down with another burst. Now im not saying make the game a walk in the park buy making all the AI die with one shot, but sometimes its just a bit to much :yes:

or dont bring them at all (you do have that option also)
...like camera tilting/not be able to raise weapon immediately/extreme bullet spread for a while...

Lot of times I'm the first to fire and hit target, just to see enemy get aware of my position, point at me and BAM!..I'm dead.

For me this is the first thing that should be adjusted on GRAW2 and major reason to see such run 'n gun style of play.

To me the first to hit someone else should have 90% of chance to win a firefight exp. in open areas without covers.

I agree. It seems that sometimes trying to kill a Panamanian Merc with an AR is like trying to kill Godzilla with a toothpick. It takes a lot of well placed toothpicks.

If I remember right GRAW1 was the same way and then they changed it in one of the patches to have a pronounced hit effect. So I think it's possible with GRAW2. I don't think they need to be knocked to the ground (though that would be cool from time to time) but I don't think someone should be able to accurately shoot while taking fire as it is now.

I would find out what the other guy is shooting. :thumbsup: Must be nice to to have an awesome weapon. Plus I have seen that people are hacking the game and joining servers with almost superhuman abilities and weapons that are on steroids. Now, I'm not saying that this is what is happening more and more as it seems, it is simply a possibility.

Maybe changing the weapon systems is a little premature. Maybe we should wait until the full anit-cheat system is in place before changing the weapons and hit model around.

As far as the differences between SP and Multiplayer go, I see none. The damage and hit model are a little funky for both.

Edited by SierraNovember6

[GR] was known for its 1s1k gameplay. Lots of things have been brought back to that style, this should be one of them, to a degree. If not, please have damage models or something. It's still possible to play with a limp or a bullet in the arm, but lets face it, the Ghosts aren't super-human, unless that's part of the new "advanced warfighter"

While the 1s1k was fun, I like think combining the two games styles (like many have asked about in the last year or so) by having the damage we have now but with an added effect when hit and a damage model that allows limping and such. Bring in the best of both worlds.

Don't even need anything that complex. Just have it that when you get shot you automatically get a shaken image, a little darker red screen, and if you have a scope or sight up it goes back down. That's the immediate effect. The side effect would depend on where you got hit. Head is automatic death, not a big deal. Arm stops you from being able to bring your weapon sight or scope up (deadly to snipers). Leg stops you from being able to run. Body could vary, or split it across the stomach and say the top half acts like an arm hit and the bottom half acts like a leg hit. Real basic, but effective.

Don't even need anything that complex. Just have it that when you get shot you automatically get a shaken image, a little darker red screen, and if you have a scope or sight up it goes back down. That's the immediate effect. The side effect would depend on where you got hit. Head is automatic death, not a big deal. Arm stops you from being able to bring your weapon sight or scope up (deadly to snipers). Leg stops you from being able to run. Body could vary, or split it across the stomach and say the top half acts like an arm hit and the bottom half acts like a leg hit. Real basic, but effective.

Simple but effective :grin1:

Make it so ;)

Totally agree that there should be some sort of punishment when hit. That is some of the things me and my teammates loved about [GR], the sound of the bullet hitting your body made u go for cover.

As u say, giving a guy two bullets should make him sway a little, as a reward to u for getting the first hit.

A bullet or two should knock me to the floor or atleast make my own aim somewhat fuzzy the first seconds.

There was several attempts in [GR] to alter/increase the effect ot getting hit, wasnt it a patch that made u limp like a three legged dog when getting shot in the legs? Think i remember we had a laugh over that or something, believe it was removed in the next patch again.

Hell....bring it on!

Reminds me of some experiments a mate of mine's evil older brother used to do on us when we were kids. Bloke was an absolute genious when it came to electronics and computers and effectively turned 2 old nintendo "rayguns" into our own lowbudget MILES gear....complete with batterypack and thighmounted electrodes. When "hit" the electrodes gave off enough of a jolt, through the use of a capacitor, to lock up your thigh muscles = down you went! :rofl:

the first to hit someone else should have 90% of chance to win a firefight exp. in open areas without covers.

perhaps both the adversaries believe to see the enemy for first? (lag or bad netcode?)

often times the adversary hits to me while I see it to run but in reality it did not run (lag or bad netcode?? )

tactical shooter ? no just no tactics here! graw (all version) is only a game for a little pimpled boys (to run to shot to run to shot......)

1 shot 1 kill?? old GR is only a great beautiful memory

I ask myself .... if in coop modality the AI (artificial Intelligence) they fall, why we do not fall when we are hit? :hmm:

rook se ho detto delle minchiate col mio inglese maccaronico correggimi pls... :blush:

You need to be much more clinical in your shooting, aiming between neck & head (I've heard between the legs is also a killer shoot). I like the idea of a limp from legs wounds but if you don't kill your enemy from your 1st shoot (and after spoting them 1st) then thats is your error. Either you didnt pick a weapon with a big enough cal, or your not aiming for the vital areas on the body. Remember the ghosts (& the Rebels i guess) are wearing modern body armor, which take about 5 rounds inorder to penetrate. I think GRAW2 takes alot more skill to master because you have to avoid the body armor. 1 Shot (in the right area) 1 kill.

I think Nutlink nailed it. We just need penalties for different wounds, and it can all be done without adding animations.

Shot in the arm = Slower scoping, or no scoping at all

Shot in the leg = Unable to sprint or reduced to crouched knee drag

Shot in the head = instant death

Chest area = small damage to all areas, takes 3 to kill.

Im sure a mod could make this, but the problem is getting the mod approved for matching. So it would be much better for the community if GRIN could work it out for us.

Remember the ghosts (& the Rebels i guess) are wearing modern body armor

when you have hit your adversary in a few yards him have two chance: dead or fall (body armor or not body armor)

Yeah! i'm sure that you have read the old GR bible I'm very sure... :thumbsup:

Edited by Tommy_G

I would be all for your shot being thrown off when getting shot...I mean it makes total sense. That was one of my frustrations with the game. Granted the bodily injuries were a nice touch in [GR], but I would be happy with just something simple at this point. There's nothing more annoying than getting M99'd while dropping a clip in them...that's just absurd IMO.

Yeah! i'm sure that you have read the old GR bible I'm very sure... :thumbsup:

All the old men in my clan go on about it all the time. It sounds fun, but i think theres much more important features that need to be addressed.

when you have hit your adversary in a few yards him have two chance: dead or fall (body armor or not body armor)

Well not really, the idea of body armor is to stop bullets. And this is ment to be modern body armor (maybe even futuristic) and the new fusion of materials may even re-project the bullet (I guess im still waiting for the new GRAW bible to be released before i can proof this). Infact If they wanted to be overly particular, they could have required people wear down armor in specific sections. I.E. You have to land all 5 rounds in same panel of armor inorder to penetrate.

I just think it's fine the way it is (but I agree it is totally different), and people are just upset because they can't adapt to the new game.

I don't care if you have a 3in lead plate on your chest, if you get shot in "the real, modern, or futuristic" world, you will fall down. We are not trying to get the amount of hits to kill someone to be changed, just have some sort of effect when hit.