Custom MP Game Modes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something I posted about way back. Now that there is a 1 frag limit on kits and a 2 frag limit on gl, this would be sweet.

Just something I'm throwing out there, lets see if anyone cares to pull it off.

Suggestion: A gametype that was popular(at least on the MAC side, don't know about Windows) in GR1.

Warzone We played this gametype on the Damn R6 ladder.DBL

Details: To obtain control of the Warzone (marked by grey smoke) simply run through the central area (smoke) marked on your map. The smoke would then change to the color of the corresponding team. Very similar gametype to HH but the twist that works really well is that You DO NOT have to stay in or around the central area to Maintain Control. The team that maintains control for 3 consecutive minutes wins. After maintaining control for 1 minute you will receive a text message, after 2 minutes you will receive another text message and hear a siren. You can also win by eliminating all opposing teams.

Usually played with zero spawns and a 10 minute timer.

This gametype prevents camping/raping, and is really fun to play....very tactical. Would love to see if its possible, and if someone can pull it off.

Thanks in advance.

Now with this in mind, I'm sure if anyone was interested in creating this gametype, I definitely could suggest 4 random spawn sites, and smoke area.

This game mode does in fact prevent random camping around the map. There is an objective to TvT play....I know there are sKeptics out there.......I am just trying to find out, can it be done?

SAR - Search and Rescue.

Rebels have the Hostage in a random site on the map.

Ghosts have to secure the hostage.

If the hostage is rescued and returned to the LZ Ghosts win. If all Rebels are eliminated, Ghosts win.

Maybe a time limit is set on how long you have to rescue the hostage(s)

Or even a bomb can be strapped to the hostage. Where diffusing the bomb is only part of the objective.

Rebels win by defending the hostage from rescue.

Any other suggestions?

Assasination

Kill the Rebel General. Randomly selected from the Rebel team each round. Identified only be Officer's Uniform. Somehow incorporate the tagging system , where the General Can be Tagged. Fades out after a certain amount of time not being spotted.

Ghosts have to seek out and Assasinate.

CTF - Capture the Flag. No Need to explain.

I wish I had any scripting skills, like Rugg, I am art & design oriented, no scripting experience, except for Flash.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Here is something I posted about way back. Now that there is a 1 frag limit on kits and a 2 frag limit on gl, this would be sweet.

Just something I'm throwing out there, lets see if anyone cares to pull it off.

Suggestion: A gametype that was popular(at least on the MAC side, don't know about Windows) in GR1.

Warzone We played this gametype on the Damn R6 ladder.DBL

Details: To obtain control of the Warzone (marked by grey smoke) simply run through the central area (smoke) marked on your map. The smoke would then change to the color of the corresponding team. Very similar gametype to HH but the twist that works really well is that You DO NOT have to stay in or around the central area to Maintain Control. The team that maintains control for 3 consecutive minutes wins. After maintaining control for 1 minute you will receive a text message, after 2 minutes you will receive another text message and hear a siren. You can also win by eliminating all opposing teams.

Usually played with zero spawns and a 10 minute timer.

This gametype prevents camping/raping, and is really fun to play....very tactical. Would love to see if its possible, and if someone can pull it off.

Thanks in advance.

Now with this in mind, I'm sure if anyone was interested in creating this gametype, I definitely could suggest 4 random spawn sites, and smoke area.

This game mode does in fact prevent random camping around the map. There is an objective to TvT play....I know there are sKeptics out there.......I am just trying to find out, can it be done?

SAR - Search and Rescue.

Rebels have the Hostage in a random site on the map.

Ghosts have to secure the hostage.

If the hostage is rescued and returned to the LZ Ghosts win. If all Rebels are eliminated, Ghosts win.

Maybe a time limit is set on how long you have to rescue the hostage(s)

Or even a bomb can be strapped to the hostage. Where diffusing the bomb is only part of the objective.

Rebels win by defending the hostage from rescue.

Any other suggestions?

Assasination

Kill the Rebel General. Randomly selected from the Rebel team each round. Identified only be Officer's Uniform. Somehow incorporate the tagging system , where the General Can be Tagged. Fades out after a certain amount of time not being spotted.

Ghosts have to seek out and Assasinate.

CTF - Capture the Flag. No Need to explain.

I wish I had any scripting skills, like Rugg, I am art & design oriented, no scripting experience, except for Flash.

those are some great ideas except i am not too fond of the first one, but search and rescue, and assasination sound awesome, someone should really consider creating those.

These things can be created. :)

But pls note:

I spent maybe 40+ hours creating 1 mission for GR1 on the WSV map. (Not including beta tests, just scripting) Even picked up a bug in the Tournament, that thankfully, did not cause any team any concern. (Fixed in the polished version) These things take time, but they are possible.