Outcome of Beracus & Mods

LZ_Hot

Hello everyone, I would like to address those who knew Beracus and those who might have been awaiting his Barret mods for GRAW.

First I woud like to introduce myself, I am his son and will start by saying that not long after his last post Beracus suffered a sever stroke and that the loss hit home hard. I am sorry that many of you were not informed of what became of him or his mods since his last post, but please understand his mods at that point went to the back burner as it were.

For those not familar with his work, you can find his posts under GRAW weapon mods for GRAW1.

Now for some good knews. I myself am a GRAW fanatic and somewhat a modder and I watched him work hours on hours with his mods and would like to take up where he left off. Bare with me please as it will take me a bit of time to sort things out far as his files, and work out some hosting issues.

With a little luck I should be able to produce something that will live up to his skills and a mod I hope everyone will enjoy.

Not sure yet if I will continue with the mods for GRAW or GRAW2 or maybe both. Time will tell.

LZ_Hot, sorry to hear about your dad. You may want to wait a bit before determining which to mod for, GRAW/GRAW2. There is an editor and tutorials on the horizon for graw 2. Brettzies and Snowfella are already doing some weapon modeling for graw 2, Brettzies weaponpack v1.1 is out---download it and see the kind of work involved, files that are needed, might help make your decision.

Thank you TRC and yes they have made a few changes to the file system in GRAW2.

I have, however, managed to move my own scar light mod over which includes a modified model file and I have also managed to move my dads M99 mod with animated bipodes over. Soon as I test them a bit more I will reralease those mods. Now far as his M-107 and his XM-109 I have not yet begun to touch.

Far as your ideas about checking out Brettzies awesome weapon pack, I am already ahead of you on that haha. Also I might try doing some mods for both versions of graw. But for now I think I am going to focus more on graw2 and like others just wait till they release some sort of sdk for it.

btw the scar mod I did mainly moves the suppressor node down closer to the end of the barrel. The reason I did this was because the scar light had basically the same barrel length and the scar heavy when they were both using a suppressor. With this mod the barrel length of the scar light will now look longer.

My dads m99 mod basicaly brings the bipods to the down position and animates them durring firing of the weapon which is great for a recoil effect. (I might wait on this mod though as I know he had plans for a new model overall. I might complete it and release this mod with a more detailed model of the m99.)

Also, if anyone here knows anyone good at texturing I wold love to get some help from them. I am not too good at it and when it comes to the bump maps I am gonna be in for a mess without someone who knows how to do this.

Sorry to hear about your dad mate.

When it comes to that hosting issue, if it's just the need for somewhere to upload it to there's always fileplanet/filefront and the likes or if need be give me a shout as I've got more space than I'd ever need available.

As for doing a graw or graw2 mod, if you get it to work in graw then it's only minor edits that needs to be done before it also works in graw2. ;)

Thank you loads SnowFella, I am currently using the space my dad had used before. Hopefully it will hold up and I think if nothing else I can place a link to there for any work I have for download from a thread here.

Nearly finished my scar mod, so I will be linking it soon. And yes before anyone asks it can be easily integrated in with Brettzies awesome weapon mod pack. P )