Completed Campaign!

Finished the Hardcore campaign tonight, I thought it was good overall, I give it an "S" rating :P

Yeh some maps were a bit linear, but other maps were wide open and had some great moments. The campaign really ramped up with the final two missions, and the conclusion itself was pretty good as game endings go these days.

I'll definately be playing it over again solo to try and improve the ratings, and also co-op.

GJ :grin1::grin1::grin1:

Nice one, did you love mission 10 , the boarder !! that with some buddies on campaign coop is awesome. We ended up doing a 'Benny hill' in the missile silo. :rofl:

LMAO.

"You have 75 seconds to reach the safe zone"

*Cue Benny Hill Music*

Panic ensues

That'd be hilarious on fraps.

Finished the Hardcore campaign tonight, I thought it was good overall, I give it an "S" rating :P

Yeh some maps were a bit linear, but other maps were wide open and had some great moments. The campaign really ramped up with the final two missions, and the conclusion itself was pretty good as game endings go these days.

I'll definately be playing it over again solo to try and improve the ratings, and also co-op.

GJ :grin1::grin1::grin1:

Rocky, yeah, they did a great job with the SP campaign. I'm seven missions into it and I'm liking it a lot. I've always steered clear of the GRAW vs [GR] debates (life's too short) but some of these scenarios are "classic" in the [GR] style, i.e. really well designed, well executed, fun to play, tactical, memorable and with just the right balance between challenge and reward. "Get Me Rosen" is great fun to attempt completely stealthily.

I agree with you that there is still a lot of linearity in the maps but the opposite of that is ArmA and life is much too short to attempt single-player in that thing. There are many more movement and fire options in GRAW 2 vs GRAW and it is very satisfying to hear your AI team racking up kills from where you placed them in cover rather than dying because they are in the open.

I do believe that the transition from Recon to Assault mode is a bit broken, making it difficult to pull off a carefully plotted stealth flanking move transitioning into a full assault because sometimes the Ghosts stay with stealth ROE, refuse to initiate contact and lose the initiative, which is frustrating, but if they can fix this I have to say I'm almost completely satisfied with what they've done here.

For me, Get Me Rosen was a true Ghost Recon experience. Excellent map, I just wish all the others had been designed with the same philosophy of freedom of movement. Other highlights for me were Codename Farallon- very linear but other than that was great fun. Also the last mission was very fun although the insertion point makes absolutely no sense.

Rocky, if you're gonna try redoing the missions to get better rankings, keep in mind that if you don't take the full compliment of ghosts for that particular mission you won't be able to achieve the "S" ranking. For some reason I've found that playing missions solo or with 2 instead of 3 teammates, no matter how well you do or what other awards you get, will result in at most an "A" ranking.

SPOLIER WARNING..................

I loved the get me Rosen map as well it can be played so many ways. On mission 10 the missile silo I didn't make it out the first time so I went back and practiced the run out several times and when I finally targeted the missile and made it completely out to the hanger/garage they still showed me not making it out in the final cinematic scene.

Edited by Rocky

^

GR:AW3

Possible working titles -

Montezumas' Revenge or

El Guapo and Jefes' Excellent Adventure

Opening narrative

Scott Mitchell: Soldier. A man barely alive.

“Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic FPS character. Scott Mitchell will be that man. Better than he was before. Better…stronger…faster.â€

@ Fletch, hehe I kind of figured that would be the case, thanks for putting my mind at ease :P

SPOILER!!!

Yes. I answered that a few weeks ago. You can't get out alive.

:P But I did :zorro:

Bah! I just don`t like being on me own! GJ on completing it though.

Play it with a 4 man team on-line, just like you should play it. Top notch.

Tinker

:thumbsup:

Exacyly what I did win the campaign online -no respawn - hardcore level...not many can say that :whistle:

@ Fletch, hehe I kind of figured that would be the case, thanks for putting my mind at ease :P

SPOILER!!!

Yes. I answered that a few weeks ago. You can't get out alive.

:P But I did :zorro:

Yeh I don't know what Wolfsong is on about :P Mitchell does get out, alive. :thumbsup:

Anyone going to record all the missions in Fraps and show us your "l33t sk1llz"????

Would make a nice walk-thru for the noobs.

Heh, do you know how big those FRAPS files are??? I would estimate that a twenty-minute mission (if you can do it that fast from start to finish) recorded in FRAPS would produce a 15GB file. Not sure if that's the right number but you see my point: even compressed, that's way too big for YouTube.

Last week I cleaned out my FRAPS files from GRAW 1 & 2, The Regiment, GT Legends and assorted other games: About fifteen files that weighed 20 GB!

I love FRAPS, though, and I'm thinking of doing tactical "highlights" from some of the GRAW 2 campaign missions, with commentary.

I just finished the SP camp as well and I thought is was fantastic! I little short but then again all enjoyable games seem short don't they? Now, we just need the editor so you modders can get to work and hopefully we will have years of great gaming!

GRIN - AWESOME job! Thanks for listening! (and mentioning ghostrecon.net in the credits was a nice touch :D ..