GRAW2: Anti Cheat is needed ASAP

and on the note of firing from spawn, if we catch them we treat them the same as firing into spawn

the problem is that the server tools don't let the Admins see what is going on.

There are several new TDM-based game modes with random spawns, and new objectived based game modes with random spanws. You couldn't spawn camp if you want to.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played this guy on a a core or xe clan server located on gamespy. I did a gl on this player named European. Well i hit him perfectly at his feet and he blew back on his back from the blast 100% kill for sure. Then like a king-fu movie its as though the movie reversed and this guy flew back on his feet from being on his back after the blast. And nailed me and killed me. This is lame.....

Edited by braveheart007

Was playing on an Italian server tonight, with my brother and one of my mates. All of us on TS.

A guy got in whose name began NC8 or N8C anda bunch of numbers after it.

Anyway, it was lagoon mpa and he was running around the outside perimeter of the map so fast it was like hard to see the guy. He had unlimited nades and all he did was fragging absolutely everyone in the game at both respawn points. You would die, respawn and he was there in a millisecond launching nade after nade into the respawning groups.

It was such a pity too as up until he showed up it was some of the best tactical GRAW 2 we had played so far.

We all moved to another server and within 10 minutes he was there as well.

Seems like he was just systematically running down the list of populated servers and fragging all on them until people jumped out and went looking for the next server.

GRIN and UBI take notice. This is the death of your game guys. If you cannot bring this under control you are going to lose this game to rubbish behavior like this.

Remember that this guy MUST have a registered gamespy account.It was YOUR game that let him connect and it seems there was nothing that you have implemented that has stopped it from happening. Stop mucking us all about and get this fixed.

I did not pay my hard earned money to be limited to a weak SP game that took less than a few days to finish at 'hardcore' level. I bought it to play MP.

As it stands, tonight marks the lowest point in my online gaming experience. To be killed repeatedly with out even being able to take a step is ridiculous. The server this happened on even had invulnerability on for a few seconds, but this ahole was not affected by that restriction! The Anti Cheat is non existent in this game. Fix it.

Edited by =WO=TekHousE

I want a better anti-cheat system but from what I have seen Punkbuster is not it for Me. I absolutely hate programs that load when not playing games and stay loaed after terminating the game.

I downloaded the Quakewars Demo and it comes with Punkbuster. The damn program would load on boot up and stay running. I got enough stuff running in the back ground already I don't need a program loading up when its not even needed.

I deleted the demo off the system and Punkbuster remained, I had to use Hijack this followed by CCleaner to get rid of it. If they fix it so it loads up when you play whatever game and shuts down after the game is off and can easily be removed from your system when no longer needed then I would be happy with it.

Edited by Fletch

Was playing on an Italian server tonight, with my brother and one of my mates. All of us on TS.

A guy got in whose name began NC8 or N8C anda bunch of numbers after it.

Anyway, it was lagoon mpa and he was running around the outside perimeter of the map so fast it was like hard to see the guy. He had unlimited nades and all he did was fragging absolutely everyone in the game at both respawn points. You would die, respawn and he was there in a millisecond launching nade after nade into the respawning groups.

Welcome to last month :P

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=45570&st=0

He has 2 serial numbers and I can provide the ban hashes if you like. Just provide them to the host of whatever server he has been in.

Edited by BOTA:X

I want a better anti-cheat system but from what I have seen Punkbuster is not it for Me. I absolutely hate programs that load when not playing games and stay loaed after terminating the game.

I downloaded the Quakewars Demo and it comes with Punkbuster. The damn program would load on boot up and stay running. I got enough stuff running in the back ground already I don't need a program loading up when its not even needed.

I deleted the demo off the system and Punkbuster remained, I had to use Hijack this followed by CCleaner to get rid of it. If they fix it so it loads up when you play whatever game and shuts down after the game is off and can easily be removed from your system when no longer needed then I would be happy with it.

PB cause more lag. Maybe PB will get sued some day.

• 4 months later...
B071LD3' date='Aug 1 2007, 05:55 PM' post='483588']

This afternon i was playing with my fellas in a European Official server and we find 2 guys cheating like hell with an automatic sniper with GL!!!!

As we couldnt kick them (other players doesnt help!!!) we change server.

After a few rounds on ACAU ES Server other cheater joined the server: [N8C]8In63r.

No admin was present and it was a festival of unlimited GLs with sniper or with auto macine gun.

Definitively GRAW 2 needs a good and functional anti cheat, therefore this stops beyond not making nothing also does not allow to identify cheaters.

When will GRIN put a real and serious anti cheat working on GRAW2?

The RvS Vegas has the Punkbuster, why the hell GRAW 2 also doesnt have it? Or do you want to kill the game on the next 2 months?

Without a good anti cheat = no competition / no ladders

without competition / ladder = dead game

Like me many other players wont will buy other GRIN game (independently of how good it is) without a good and working anti cheat.

:blink::blink::blink:

Edited by akajj1234

POINT BEING that this game, if you count GRAW as well, has been some nearly 2 years on the market (GRAW retailed in May '06, days after I got back here form Australia last time) without a working anticheat solution. If hindsight truly IS 20/20, then your eyechart should look like this:

P

U N

K B U

S T E R

You get the point...

POINT BEING that this game, if you count GRAW as well, has been some nearly 2 years on the market (GRAW retailed in May '06, days after I got back here form Australia last time) without a working anticheat solution. If hindsight truly IS 20/20, then your eyechart should look like this:

P

U N

K B U

S T E R

You get the point...

If you played COD4 at all, you would know, punk is not the solution. Heck i got kicked a few times when the master server was overloaded and said i timed out in talking to it. If that was a match i would have broke my cd into 1 billion pieces (note more then 1 million)

Also punk is only as good as from what i have been told the amount of checks the server admins put in place which is not many.

GRAW2's anticheat however does work. Once your banned a rename won't get you back in. Another CD also won't nor ip. It's not server wide though but most server admins in GRAW2 know each other and share lists. THey also have the option of auto screenshots which you will note caught a wallhack.. thanks to bota x. The problem lies within the open public servers that aren't admin'd. Play on a clan server that of course is patched to 1.04 and you won't have the problem.

Note there are wallhacks also (many of them) that punk doesn't get and there are also cheats then send fake screenshots to punk instead of the real ones.

No anticheat is perfect. Even in GR1, the banning was only on a per server basis and it took clan admins banning together and forming a common forum and vote to get it under control.

Needed anti-cheats and network synchronization for the game. A player called ??? has used 30 grenades with the gl. This is true because he was in my team and he has killed me because i have seen the cheat. I believe that was a trainer for mantain the number of the grenades at max, or at the start the number was multiplied by 3.

Bye

No anticheat is perfect. Even in GR1, the banning was only on a per server basis and it took clan admins banning together and forming a common forum and vote to get it under control.

I don`t think there is a game with a 100% successful anti cheat. There is always someone, who will be able to get around whatever attempts you make.

GRAW2's anticheat however does work. Once your banned a rename won't get you back in. Another CD also won't nor ip. It's not server wide though but most server admins in GRAW2 know each other and share lists. THey also have the option of auto screenshots which you will note caught a wallhack.. thanks to bota x. The problem lies within the open public servers that aren't admin'd. Play on a clan server that of course is patched to 1.04 and you won't have the problem.

And there you go.