GRAW2: Anti Cheat is needed ASAP

Keyster

Nah the best is the non admined server... the one that says no GL and has vote kick on with only like 2 votes needed to remove someone. I got kicked for having to many kills... lol dang guys vote kicked me. Then i got accused by a non member of this squad for GL'ing when i hand naded. Vote kicked again i was.

Rabbi

Yeah for one of our members to ban he MUST get a screenshot or FRAPS of the event. Which means he needs to sit the round and watch the guy.

It then MUST be posted in our forums with attached proof. We will however kick for very high pings after telling the person why. And language gets you a warning, then a kick then a ban (with screenshots taken)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was exaggerating a bit, but my point was not that the process is unfair. My point was that this community is so small, it isn't really the natural habitat of the hacker. They prefer the relative anonymity of a giant community where their failed tests and/or discovered cheats won't get them booted, banned, or otherwise excluded everywhere they go. A BF2142 hacker will have no problem finding servers that don't have his ban info yet, but when there aren't more than about 12 truly active servers per world hemisphere, it gets a little trickier to ply your evil trade for long, not to mention boring. That's all I was trying to say.

I somehow do the speed hack for the entire match. I dont know how I do it, but it only happens when I play arroyo map. (70% of the time)

This is what I do:

Before the game starts I press shift key twice and leave it presses then I just see my self on the map getting way ahead of everyone else.

Also and only in arroyo map, for some reason I cant hear my steps or someone else's.

Can anyone explain this?

I somehow do the speed hack for the entire match. I dont know how I do it, but it only happens when I play arroyo map. (70% of the time)

This is what I do:

Before the game starts I press shift key twice and leave it presses then I just see my self on the map getting way ahead of everyone else.

Also and only in arroyo map, for some reason I cant hear my steps or someone else's.

Can anyone explain this?

I lose sound often on Arroyo and one of my clan mates has never had sound, weird map. I've never heard of the speed hack you mention.

Keyster

Nah the best is the non admined server... the one that says no GL and has vote kick on with only like 2 votes needed to remove someone. I got kicked for having to many kills... lol dang guys vote kicked me. Then i got accused by a non member of this squad for GL'ing when i hand naded. Vote kicked again i was.

Rabbi

Yeah for one of our members to ban he MUST get a screenshot or FRAPS of the event. Which means he needs to sit the round and watch the guy.

It then MUST be posted in our forums with attached proof. We will however kick for very high pings after telling the person why. And language gets you a warning, then a kick then a ban (with screenshots taken)

@Keyster: you're right, there ARE some less-than-desireable admin's out there, but I do't think many of them are represented among the regulars of these forums. I used AFZ as an example for having seen their process in action firsthand. I can tell you I've always had good experiences with them, RS, SCE, WDA, BDA, 30+ (my homies) and some others you commonly see here. The guys/gals who've been at it a while and made their names did so honestly.

@ROCO: I remember all of the above for m9whore, and in the end it took him misrepresenting himself intentionally to get the AFZ boot. He had more than enough opportunities to avoid it and exploit the benefit of the doubt to stay in your server. I thought that experience was a GREAT example of how the system should work, lacking a working anticheat as we are.

Keyster

Rabbi

@Keyster: you're right, there ARE some less-than-desireable admin's out there, but I do't think many of them are represented among the regulars of these forums. I used AFZ as an example for having seen their process in action firsthand. I can tell you I've always had good experiences with them, RS, SCE, WDA, BDA, 30+ (my homies) and some others you commonly see here. The guys/gals who've been at it a while and made their names did so honestly.

@ROCO: I remember all of the above for m9whore, and in the end it took him misrepresenting himself intentionally to get the AFZ boot. He had more than enough opportunities to avoid it and exploit the benefit of the doubt to stay in your server. I thought that experience was a GREAT example of how the system should work, lacking a working anticheat as we are.

Yeah the m9whore one was a good one... although we usually don't do a public vote to get rid of a hack. It was done because i knew his buddy that was seen doing the same things on another server would vote for him. This gave us his buddies IP. We didn't ban the buddy but kept it as reference in case we saw him doing the same on our server. That doesn't get you banned from our website though. They are free to argue in there ban thread all they want... but when you put on AFZ tags and go around tking peeps. That was the last straw... total site ban.

BDA is usually good although there shooting into the spawn rule can be confusiong as sometimes peeps camp in the spawn and shoot out.

RS, SCE and 30+ are all old GR1 clans and always have been fair. WDA we really don't see much....

Keyster

Rabbi

Yeah the m9whore one was a good one... although we usually don't do a public vote to get rid of a hack. It was done because i knew his buddy that was seen doing the same things on another server would vote for him. This gave us his buddies IP. We didn't ban the buddy but kept it as reference in case we saw him doing the same on our server. That doesn't get you banned from our website though. They are free to argue in there ban thread all they want... but when you put on AFZ tags and go around tking peeps. That was the last straw... total site ban.

BDA is usually good although there shooting into the spawn rule can be confusiong as sometimes peeps camp in the spawn and shoot out.

RS, SCE and 30+ are all old GR1 clans and always have been fair. WDA we really don't see much....

You rang, wee are here old buddy, but because this game is not supported as well it should be we are waiting on FFW plus the fact most of us are back in college, myself included.

Keyster

Rabbi

Amen to that BDA ######, hence why 90% of my clan is banned permanently, or at least why thats they say we're banned (Me thinks they're tired of getting killed). If you want to say no GLs or whatever thats fine, i gladly abide by such rules, but to arbitrarily ban permanently on matters of opinion such as what is and isn't the spawn and allow it to become a camp haven is ridiculously bad adminning. BDA isn't the only culprit either, hell i got banned of some UK server a few weeks ago after 9 kills with absolutely no warning. Admins in this game on the whole suck.

Keyser' date='Sep 5 2007, 09:20 PM' post='493752']

I really wish all teams were so equal hehe. I won't name names but some of the admins on these so called "good" servers are a damn joke.

Keyser' date='Sep 10 2007, 07:12 AM' post='494405']

Amen to that BDA ######, hence why 90% of my clan is banned permanently, or at least why thats they say we're banned (Me thinks they're tired of getting killed)......................... Admins in this game on the whole suck.

Have you ever looked at it from the admins perspective? Punk kids show up in a server that the squad (or individual) is paying for and are rude, use racist language or they're just plain disrespectful to everyone else in the server. It only takes a couple of these idiots a week before an admin says enuf is enuf. Here's a quick tip for you: Our servers are our squads' home online. You don't come into our home and drag mud on the carpet or talk smack to our guests. You have no god given right to play in our servers. We pay for our servers, we make the rules. If you don't like our rules, leave. Ask any of the guys who post here (who have servers) if that doesn't pretty much sum up things. ;)

I'm using the above examples to explain what the other side has to go thru. I don't care about getting worked over, I enjoy playing against good players. You'll see the best of the best in our server most every night. I'll also kick anyone who comes in and starts abusing our guests. Servers aren't chat rooms where kiddies can come in and talk greasy knowing full well that the internet keeps you from getting your tail end kicked. It's the electronic form of beer goggles.

I treat people fairly in our server as do plenty of other server admin. I've seen people come in and run roughshod and get away with plenty. All because they perceive any skills they may have relates to anything real world. :D I've ran dedicated servers for 6 1/2 years and I've rarely seen someone get kicked because they're playing well. Server admins who do that are in the minority. We've had problems lately of people smurfing with names of well known squads and acting the fool. I've contacted each squad and asked them if that person was a squad member. In both cases they weren't and the bans have remained. There was no accusations thrown, just a quick PM to a couple of squad leaders who I respect highly.

Some of the new admins haven't figured out what works and what doesn't regarding admining a server. To paint the majority of admins in the manner that you have makes me ask the question on everyone's mind: " What's the common denominator for the reason that "90% of my clan is banned permanently"? I know or have played with quite a few of the admins on the popular servers and haven't seen behavior like you describe. Maybe you should take a closer look and place the blame closer to where it lies.

Have you ever looked at it from the admins perspective? Punk kids show up in a server that the squad (or individual) is paying for and are rude, use racist language or they're just plain disrespectful to everyone else in the server. It only takes a couple of these idiots a week before an admin says enuf is enuf. Here's a quick tip for you: Our servers are our squads' home online. You don't come into our home and drag mud on the carpet or talk smack to our guests. You have no god given right to play in our servers. We pay for our servers, we make the rules. If you don't like our rules, leave. Ask any of the guys who post here (who have servers) if that doesn't pretty much sum up things.

I'm using the above examples to explain what the other side has to go thru. I don't care about getting worked over, I enjoy playing against good players. You'll see the best of the best in our server most every night. I'll also kick anyone who comes in and starts abusing our guests. Servers aren't chat rooms where kiddies can come in and talk greasy knowing full well that the internet keeps you from getting your tail end kicked. It's the electronic form of beer goggles.

I treat people fairly in our server as do plenty of other server admin. I've seen people come in and run roughshod and get away with plenty. All because they perceive any skills they may have relates to anything real world. I've ran dedicated servers for 6 1/2 years and I've rarely seen someone get kicked because they're playing well. Server admins who do that are in the minority. We've had problems lately of people smurfing with names of well known squads and acting the fool. I've contacted each squad and asked them if that person was a squad member. In both cases they weren't and the bans have remained. There was no accusations thrown, just a quick PM to a couple of squad leaders who I respect highly.

Some of the new admins haven't figured out what works and what doesn't regarding admining a server. To paint the majority of admins in the manner that you have makes me ask the question on everyone's mind: " What's the common denominator for the reason that "90% of my clan is banned permanently"? I know or have played with quite a few of the admins on the popular servers and haven't seen behavior like you describe. Maybe you should take a closer look and place the blame closer to where it lies.

The above is one of the reasons we warn, kick and ban for language. In the warning i tell them to take it to there comms.

Here is my review of current Servers that i have played on.

1) Xtreme Eagles - Server is usually full. Usually has some lag to it) No admin usually around or if there is kicking for GL on there no GL server. Vote kick is too easy. Peeps are abusing it by kicking players with good scores.

2) BDA - Nice group. Odd rule though of shooting into spawn and it seems to be left to who is admining it at the time rather you are considered shooting into it or near it

3) BSR (the non custom one as i haven't played there custom maps yet) Never had an issue except when a RAV guy was throwing smoke at one of our members and shooting him with an mp5 till almost dead... when my guy tked him for it, he got kicked. Not banned though. I told my guy to get a fraps of it next time. Only server i see filling up with no respawns.

4) AD4 - I think that was the name of it. Seems like a good server. Didn't see any disrespect there and everyone playing seemed nice.

5) Core - Nice TDM server, although when maxed can on and off get a little laggy. Haven't seen any issues so can't comment on admin

6) Clone Dedicated - Good clan server but bring in some buddies as there team is usually stacked on one side. Fun though for a challenge. Oh and expect a few Hamburger hill maps in the mix.

That's about all that i usually play on. Bolded Seem to be the best.

3) BSR (the non custom one as i haven't played there custom maps yet) Never had an issue except when a RAV guy was throwing smoke at one of our members and shooting him with an mp5 till almost dead... when my guy tked him for it, he got kicked. Not banned though. I told my guy to get a fraps of it next time. Only server i see filling up with no respawns.

Prolly auto-kicked for tk's. Was I in the server when this was going on? Please bring something like that to my attention Roco.

Prolly auto-kicked for tk's. Was I in the server when this was going on? Please bring something like that to my attention Roco.

It was kinda funny though. One of there members tried to corner snake up on the high ground on timber. I came up the archway and pushed him over the cliff lol!

Not a big deal. We like to have proof as i said and my guy Snakeeyes doesn't have fraps, so i was going to video it but forgot i hadn't turned it on before starting GRAW2. Would have been funny videoing him over the edge lol.

I think you were and told them to knock it off or something. Not sure if it was auto or you just kicked the next one that did it. The rav guys kept complaining about snake tking him... but they were the one's shooting holes in him (just not enough to kill him) I think it started when snake accidently tked one of them who stepped in his sniper scope as he was firing. Anyway that was like 2 weeks ago lol.

I think it started when snake accidently tked one of them who stepped in his sniper scope as he was firing.

I do hate that. I've actually had someone before walk in front of me intentionally to get me booted for the TK. Once again, that's where HUMAN admin's come in handy.

Slightly o/t, but to the point of the above quote, the guy who got shot by Snake DESERVED it. I didn't have to be there to know it. But muzzle discipline works both ways. I won't flag YOU, but YOU better not walk in front of MY muzzle. If you do, you're taking a bullet for stupidity.

Thankfully, it's only a game...

The above is one of the reasons we warn, kick and ban for language. In the warning i tell them to take it to there comms.

1) Xtreme Eagles - Server is usually full. Usually has some lag to it) No admin usually around or if there is kicking for GL on there no GL server. Vote kick is too easy. Peeps are abusing it by kicking players with good scores.

2) BDA - Nice group. Odd rule though of shooting into spawn and it seems to be left to who is admining it at the time rather you are considered shooting into it or near it

4) AD4 - I think that was the name of it. Seems like a good server. Didn't see any disrespect there and everyone playing seemed nice.

5) Core - Nice TDM server, although when maxed can on and off get a little laggy. Haven't seen any issues so can't comment on admin

6) Clone Dedicated - Good clan server but bring in some buddies as there team is usually stacked on one side. Fun though for a challenge. Oh and expect a few Hamburger hill maps in the mix.

Hey Roco .. you don't come SCE's way any more :( We miss you and yours.. we need to get together from some fun soon. You need to get on XFIRE more dude.. I see Cell on all the time..

SCE's CO-OP server is full most days as well. Good times for sure..

Edited by IrishStout

Hey Roco .. you don't come SCE's way any more :( We miss you and yours.. we need to get together from some fun soon. You need to get on XFIRE more dude.. I see Cell on all the time..

SCE's CO-OP server is full most days as well. Good times for sure..

When are you guys usually on? I usually pick the server to play on based on the amount of players and i haven't seen you guys on the list after 9pm est when i play.

i dont care about good or bad server admins, in all games r good n bad server admins, so what?

"our server, our rules". if i dont like it i move to other server. its so simply n its one of the little things that work in this game.

but the more important is:

how is it possible after 43 day n no resolution to this?!

same guy still cleaning servers, now with company!!!!

Punkbuster isnt the better, but at least its easy to update n to identify this mofos n keep them away from our servers.

Replays will always be a dream with GRIN.

will be GRIN n nUBI soft stay watching this, as they r doing after this 43 days?!

just check the new games comin around like Frontline Warfare n COD4 n see how they talk about anti cheat n server admin tools.

Sorry maybe I missing something here. I thought I read every post in this thread.. but it is rather long..

What cheats are proven out there right now that GRIN has to patch against?

I know the speed hack.. only one I know for sure becasue I say the dude with my own eyes.

Whatelse is 100% out there? If none, then what more does Grin need to do?

(edit)

Oh ya and the M99 sniper rifle auto fire... I forgot about that one.. but I have not seen anyone use it in sometime.. lucky maybe or has it been addressed? When is the last time you have seen someone use it?

Edited by IrishStout

w00t

Keyser' date='Sep 5 2007, 09:20 PM' post='493752']

I really wish all teams were so equal hehe. I won't name names but some of the admins on these so called "good" servers are a damn joke.

Keyser' date='Sep 10 2007, 07:12 AM' post='494405']

Amen to that BDA ######, hence why 90% of my clan is banned permanently, or at least why thats they say we're banned (Me thinks they're tired of getting killed)......................... Admins in this game on the whole suck.

Have you ever looked at it from the admins perspective? Punk kids show up in a server that the squad (or individual) is paying for and are rude, use racist language or they're just plain disrespectful to everyone else in the server. It only takes a couple of these idiots a week before an admin says enuf is enuf. Here's a quick tip for you: Our servers are our squads' home online. You don't come into our home and drag mud on the carpet or talk smack to our guests. You have no god given right to play in our servers. We pay for our servers, we make the rules. If you don't like our rules, leave. Ask any of the guys who post here (who have servers) if that doesn't pretty much sum up things. ;)

Spot on Ruggbutt, we like being owned but we do not like the trash talk, it would happen eveytime ya'll would enter and play. We do not trash talk your group[HOT] and would like the same in kind.

and on the note of firing from spawn, if we catch them we treat them the same as firing into spawn

the problem is that the server tools don't let the Admins see what is going on.

Have a nice day.