GRAW2: Anti Cheat is needed ASAP

This afternon i was playing with my fellas in a European Official server and we find 2 guys cheating like hell with an automatic sniper with GL!!!!

As we couldnt kick them (other players doesnt help!!!) we change server.

After a few rounds on ACAU ES Server other cheater joined the server: [N8C]8In63r.

No admin was present and it was a festival of unlimited GLs with sniper or with auto macine gun.

Definitively GRAW 2 needs a good and functional anti cheat, therefore this stops beyond not making nothing also does not allow to identify cheaters.

When will GRIN put a real and serious anti cheat working on GRAW2?

The RvS Vegas has the Punkbuster, why the hell GRAW 2 also doesnt have it? Or do you want to kill the game on the next 2 months?

Without a good anti cheat = no competition / no ladders

without competition / ladder = dead game

Like me many other players wont will buy other GRIN game (independently of how good it is) without a good and working anti cheat.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone else confirm this report? Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior while playing MP?

I'm not doubting the validity or veracity of the original post but without independent confirmation it could be "other circumstances". I don't play much MP but I certainly haven't seen anything resembling what is being discussed here...

???

-jk

Yes. At first I was convinced that there were no hacks of real concequence in this game yet. Having played through the beta and demo from beginning to end, I have not come accross a single hacker. Last night in BDA server however, I was blessed with my first sighting. A player simply named "viper" was pulling some impressive scores.

Now normally when somene complains about speedhacks, I simply think that the person lagged out and suddenly came back in the the middle of a run. This causes the server to readjust you to where you are "supposed" to be. I have had this happen on multiple occasions to myself. Mostly when I am running off a rock or ledge. So I take the speed hacking accusations with a grain of salt. I still have yet to physically see someone speed hacking.

However what caught my eye, was viper's ability to toss a continuous stream of grenades. He would throw 2-3 of them at a time. Then throw a couple more. He apparently had unlimited grenades. This time I saw it with my very own eyes as I followed him around specifically.

Unfortunately we were unable to get fraps video of him doing it because Bottobot was a noob and called him out on it. Hackers have a tendancy to freak out when you find out exactly what hacks they are using.

Oh and btw "B017LD31", Punkbuster is the worst anti-cheat you could possibly implement in a game. It's absolutly worthless. But theres another thread entirely about that discussion, so lets not start it up here.

Edited by MorphingJar

B071LD3' date='Aug 1 2007, 12:55 PM' post='483588']

This afternon i was playing with my fellas in a European Official server and we find 2 guys cheating like hell with an automatic sniper with GL!!!!

As we couldnt kick them (other players doesnt help!!!) we change server.

After a few rounds on ACAU ES Server other cheater joined the server: [N8C]8In63r.

No admin was present and it was a festival of unlimited GLs with sniper or with auto macine gun.

Definitively GRAW 2 needs a good and functional anti cheat, therefore this stops beyond not making nothing also does not allow to identify cheaters.

When will GRIN put a real and serious anti cheat working on GRAW2?

The RvS Vegas has the Punkbuster, why the hell GRAW 2 also doesnt have it? Or do you want to kill the game on the next 2 months?

Without a good anti cheat = no competition / no ladders

without competition / ladder = dead game

Like me many other players wont will buy other GRIN game (independently of how good it is) without a good and working anti cheat.

Yes. At first I was convinced that there were no hacks of real concequence in this game yet. Having played through the beta and demo from beginning to end, I have not come accross a single hacker. Last night in BDA server however, I was blessed with my first sighting. A player simply named "viper" was pulling some impressive scores.

Now normally when somene complains about speedhacks, I simply think that the person lagged out and suddenly came back in the the middle of a run. This causes the server to readjust you to where you are "supposed" to be. I have had this happen on multiple occasions to myself. Mostly when I am running off a rock or ledge. So I take the speed hacking accusations with a grain of salt. I still have yet to physically see someone speed hacking.

However what caught my eye, was viper's ability to toss a continuous stream of grenades. He would throw 2-3 of them at a time. Then throw a couple more. He apparently had unlimited grenades. This time I saw it with my very own eyes as I followed him around specifically.

Unfortunately we were unable to get fraps video of him doing it because Bottobot was a noob and called him out on it. Hackers have a tendancy to freak out when you find out exactly what hacks they are using.

Oh and btw "B017LD31", Punkbuster is the worst anti-cheat you could possibly implement in a game. It's absolutly worthless. But theres another thread entirely about that discussion, so lets not start it up here.

As most you may or may not know auto-hot key could have played a part in some this auto sniper game play. It's really bad in bf2 just auto hot key and bind everything you want. Just an fyi .

Also MorphingJar is right PB is CRAP big time. Just look at bf2 full of hacks and PB can't do a thing about it. We need freaking replays! Like in the OGGR! Make it alot easer.

i agree PB isnt great thing, but is better then this GRIN wanna be anti cheat that does NOTHING.

I lost my faith in replays since GRIN wasnt able to put them in GRAW and now in GRAW2.

We need ASAP something better then this GRINs anti cheat, because it dont do anything and for other side anyone could use cheats and be kickd and noone will know it was kicked because the use of cheats.

With PB we could ban the cheaters in every server and have a ban list.

But still dreaming with replays, thats for sure.

Can you imagine playing Arroyo with someone on the opposite team that has unlimited nades in a competition? With our scrim last night and all legit players the nades were insane enough. And yes it is totally my fault that we didn't get a FRAPS video of this dude. But I was on the opposing side of his nade volleys with Morph right behind him watching me dance between them.

It would be like BANG BANG... sweet I lived hehe.... BANG "You Have Been Killed by Viper".

It sucked to say the least.

*I just checked MSX and their hacks apparently don't have multi nades. So who the hell knows where this guy got it from. But we can be certain that their are at least a few individuals/groups developing hacks for this game. One thing we can be certain of is that as of yet there is no sure fire way to catch hackers in GRAW 2 yet.*

Edited by Bottobot

morph and botto, Are you aware that the BDA has a forum and that you might bring it to the attention there ??

and remember you have got a prntscrn key that will make perfect screenshots :D

those would also help in the quest to find and point fingers at people :D

that cheat.

if it was as you discribed then you could see two or three frags in the air

alt tab out and paste in paint, return and printscreen again for further documentation.

even if fraps does not work, there is always print screen

cause i know that the full auto m99 of graw was printscreenable

I'll also dispute the fact that no anti-cheat means no competition. BF2 has some of the ######tiest anti-cheat of any game i know. I know this because it is in fact punkbuster. People used to hack all the time. Hell we even caught someone hacking on one of my old teams once. The fact of the matter is that people regardless of anti-cheat are always going to find a way through but through some security features like requiring players to take screenies at the start of the map or having the server do it as well as policing by the general community 9.9/10 hackers can be successfully weeded out. Will some slip through the cracks? Sure, but the game can still be really competitive so long as we're not stupid enough to rely solely on an anti-cheat program to do all the work for us.

WD[13th]B071LD3: I just want to confirm what WD seen. I can't say I was in the same server but It was the same guy. Auto sniper for sure. I play under the name a106hopper.

I really like this game. It ashame that this happens but its expected.

BTW. Doesnt graw 2 impliment its own anti-cheat?

With Graw 2 anticheat and one that is created by the community and ran on the servers it can slow the cheaters down.

Can anyone else confirm this report? Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior while playing MP?

I'm not doubting the validity or veracity of the original post but without independent confirmation it could be "other circumstances". I don't play much MP but I certainly haven't seen anything resembling what is being discussed here...

???

-jk

I haven't read the entire thread just yet, but just wanted to confirm this. That guy specifically was on BDA server today firing away with an M99 like it was a SAW. No lag issues, defenately a cheat. I've also seen websites where you can pay "x" amount of dollars and get all sorts of untraceable hacks to GRAW2. Not very happy with this one...

If you do suspect someone of cheating, please be sure that they are and you can put it in the BDA forums. We don't wanna ban the wrong people, but we don't wanna allow this crap to continue either.

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

if grin wanna pm me i have some video footage of this guy from running near him with his m99 and some in his eye footage doing the nade launcher thing.

not to worry someone has made a video already of the m99

also if when the guy dies and you can pick the m99 up and you will have a full auto firing m99 sniper yourself,

thats bad news

Edited by {B:P:R}Joker

If the player list you are using starts with a 0 then add 1 to the number for the correct number. Or you can just use the score screen player numbers.

It's odd that you don't need the # with the ban command. Why can't they be consistent with their command syntax?

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

We ban with /ban #X

where the X is the player number

The player list on the top right from console screen is ok (starts with player #1)

But like Roco etc said, this 0 - 31 player numbered list wants sorting or you could end up banning some good guys ;)

*on the file change thing client to server/host

quick question, if the file can come through the AC grin made and the weapon keeps its cheat after client has been killed, can you then not find a trace or file on the server in the file structure of that hack ?

cause the server remembers the properties, so it is written down ?? or am i just talking nonsence here ??

It's the same one as posted in the other thread.

@ROCO,

I dunno about him not using wall hack (you mentioned it in the other thread) or some form of ESP. From the number of times he's firing into the walls and trying almost seeming to track ppl, it looks like he's using something. Maybe wireframe and he's not seeing the textures so he's blatantly firing into the walls to kill. Odd on the penetration too. This is some crazy cheat that is for sure.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

after this i talked with some friends that played demo version until last monday and they confirmed that this ###### used the same cheats on demo at least since 2 weeks ago.

Really sad to know it is possible without any consequence. Really sad to know this way any n00b could get this and kill this excellent game :wall:

Can one of you guys PM me with the ban info from your server ban list? I don't wanna see him in our server, best to be pre-emptive.

Additionally, it seems that we are catching people with replays of a sort. I have Fraps running all the time just for this reason. GRIN, please give us serverside replays. I'll bet every dedicated server out there has over a 200 gig h/d. We have the extra room for replays, no matter what the size.

Edited by ruggbutt

I've just played a server with this guy in.

At first didn't think too much as I hadn't seen his name posted previously but someone kept trying to vote kick him, with no luck.

He dropped me a few times with the M99, then we ended up on the same team. From spawn I watched him rattle of a dozen or so nades from his MRC. Recalling the ban post I tk'd him (didn't get booted) and picked up the MRC, sure enough unlimited ammo on the gun and nades!!!

I then spent the next 4 -5 respawns tk'ing him until someone changed the server to auto kick tk's <_<