MP Stats

Okay, in a 0 respawn server, if you make it to the end without dying and were not AFK, you did pretty well. So, let's talk about unlimited respawn servers.

Player A goes 25:10

Player B goes 10:1

Player C goes 7:0

Obviously, player A would top the leaderboard. But, what do you guys consider the better score? For me, I'm most pleased with a low death number than a high kill number (I'd prefer C to B or A)

kill death ratio i think should be lowest death and highest kill

but also some team points, take one for the team rather than go out like rambo ... don't know if that counts...

in cangaroo's example i think C is my prefered choice if B was dying without a cause.

if B would involve dying for the team as in creating distraction for the much feared m99 snoob B would be my prefered choice...

but i think that would be too much too ask ....

I agree. In my example I am using unlimited respawn, so it's kinda every man for himself. Very unlikely that someone would sacrifice themselves for the team.

:hmm: There is a flaw in your logic. It is much more likely that on an unlimited respawn server someone would sacrifice himself and do the team a favour e.g. in holding the HH zone and drawing the fire because he can be there again in 30-45 secs if the team still has mapcontrol.

About A, B or C:

In tdm A did the biggest score for the team (+15)

But to me its more likely that if all played the same time A is an assaulter and B and C are snipers and it says nothing about who is better or worse...

Edited by xtraclip

:hmm: There is a flaw in your logic. It is much more likely that on an unlimited respawn server someone would sacrifice himself and do the team a favour e.g. in holding the HH zone and drawing the fire because he can be there again in 30-45 secs if the team still has mapcontrol.

About A, B or C:

In tdm A did the biggest score for the team (+15)

But to me its more likely that if all played the same time A is an assaulter and B and C are snipers and it says nothing about who is better or worse...

I would tend to agree with you if everyone is on comms, or even if a handfull of people are on comms. I was more referring to a non-admined pub server than a squad hosted server. But, since I wasn't clear, I'd have to agree that my logic is flawed.

In your average server i'm taking the guy that is 25/5. Shot and aim cannot be taught, position and strategy can. That guy is showing me that he has a good enough shot to be super agressive and still win. When it comes to scrims and match time he is the guy that is going to be able to tone down the aggression and absolutely dominate.

Keyser' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:55 PM' post='483627']In your average server i'm taking the guy that is 25/5. Shot and aim cannot be taught, position and strategy can. That guy is showing me that he has a good enough shot to be super agressive and still win. When it comes to scrims and match time he is the guy that is going to be able to tone down the aggression and absolutely dominate.
Okay, but there is no 25:5 option. It's 25:10. Does that change your opinion? Because in that case the 10:1 guy has a much better KDR.

I think i can do a 25:10 ratio!

I agree with Keyser, anyone can pull off a 7:0 kdr (no respawns is a different story) by just sitting back with is coleman. In the GR world where the game types cater to the camper, its something good to find someone that can "hunt" and still come out on top. That 25:10 can turn into a hell of a lot better score with time, where as a "camper" will always be just that, a "camper".

It all depend on the game type. In my opinion TDM should have no respawns, so the player with the zero deaths is the winner. For HH or seige, should be unlimited respawn since the object of the game is "capturing" an area, not most kills. But if you kill 25 and die 10 while helping your team capture the zone and WIN, you 'Tha man" But if you kill 25 and your team still loose, you are the highes kill "Looser"

I am rather surprised by the replies so far. When my squad played BHD & JO, in a 20 minute TKOTH map we has members that routinely had over 100 kills with around 20 deaths. I've never heard anyone refer to BHD as tactical, and IMO definitely falls into the "run & gun" category. I thought for sure "tactical" gameplay implied "survival." After all the pleading for realism, the guys that walk off the battlefield IRL are the winners, regardless of the number of kills they had.

Now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and there is no right or wrong on this issue. But after reading this, I'm not surprised to see this post about the lack of no-respawn servers. Is everyone that talks about a slow-paced, tactical experience just blowing smoke?

You'll also note i don't camp and probably and one of the more aggresive players in unlimited spawns. I usually march right down the middle, but play it smart, using cover, bush hopping and paying attention to where teammates are killed from and direction of fire from the enemy.

Even though on no respawn i can rack the kills depending on how the other team sets up there line of fire (especially when they have none)

I am rather surprised by the replies so far. When my squad played BHD & JO, in a 20 minute TKOTH map we has members that routinely had over 100 kills with around 20 deaths. I've never heard anyone refer to BHD as tactical, and IMO definitely falls into the "run & gun" category. I thought for sure "tactical" gameplay implied "survival." After all the pleading for realism, the guys that walk off the battlefield IRL are the winners, regardless of the number of kills they had.

Now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and there is no right or wrong on this issue. But after reading this, I'm not surprised to see this post about the lack of no-respawn servers. Is everyone that talks about a slow-paced, tactical experience just blowing smoke?

GRAW 2 is a tactical shooter. The one thing i do get annoyed by is the use of the word camping in the GR series. It means holding ground or defending. During matches/scrimms (zero respawns) the game gets alot more tactical and requires players to hold zones/borders and defending/holding is often used as a basic counter for players that rush.

When everyone starts scrimming and matching, your notice more zero respawns servers will be playing the game how it was design to be played.

I don't think the MP stats do reflect the best players to be honest. Because your find that most players will jump server if thier not scoring well and keep jumping from server to server until they find an easy unlimited death noob feast. Its upsetting to see a sailor jump ship when the waves get to choppy.

You'll also note i don't camp and probably and one of the more aggresive players in unlimited spawns. I usually march right down the middle, but play it smart, using cover, bush hopping and paying attention to where teammates are killed from and direction of fire from the enemy.

Even though on no respawn i can rack the kills depending on how the other team sets up there line of fire (especially when they have none)

Exactly why I hate running into you and a few other AFZ players on the opposite teams....especially when two or more of you are using the M99 on a unlimited respawn server. You're too damn good when I'm stuck with a bunch of greens :wacko:

Retlaw' date='Aug 2 2007, 01:26 PM' post='483901']

It all depend on the game type. In my opinion TDM should have no respawns, so the player with the zero deaths is the winner. For HH or seige, should be unlimited respawn since the object of the game is "capturing" an area, not most kills. But if you kill 25 and die 10 while helping your team capture the zone and WIN, you 'Tha man" But if you kill 25 and your team still loose, you are the highes kill "Looser"

Even in a no respawn TDM scenario, having no deaths doesn't necessarily mean that you are the winner. Assuming that Player A died every round, that would mean that 10 rounds were played. Now lets assume that Player C got 4 kills the first round, and 3 kills the 2nd round. Realistic for a camping sniper. What about the rest of the 8 rounds where he hid and didn't kill anyone? These stats don't make any sense >.<

Back to answering the OPs post. Obviously Player A pulls out ahead as being a better TDM player. Even if Player B and C were on the opposite team and the extra kills added up would go to a player D, Player A would still be on top. Your positive Score is whats important. Not your KDR

Edited by MorphingJar

A few small points:

Even in a no respawn TDM scenario, having no deaths doesn't necessarily mean that you are the winner. Assuming that Player A died every round, that would mean that 10 rounds were played. Now lets assume that Player C got 4 kills the first round, and 3 kills the 2nd round. Realistic for a camping sniper. What about the rest of the 8 rounds where he hid and didn't kill anyone? These stats don't make any sense >.<
1. The intent of this thread was to consider a players score for a single map, not their cumulative score. If we're going to consider every possible scenario, someone could hypothesize that a player went 25:0 on the first round, and 0:10 on the next because he was AFK.

Your positive Score is whats important. Not your KDR
2. Here I have to disagree. I personally get more satisfaction from a high KDR than a high score per se. That is why I like RvA and low/no respawn. (I realize this is a disagreement of opinions; there is no right and wrong). People here have been very vocal about realism, tactics, NORG, and all that crap, which is why I'm surprised by some of the replies.

GRAW 2 is a tactical shooter. The one thing i do get annoyed by is the use of the word camping in the GR series.
I couldn't agree with you more. Is there no merit or value in setting up an ambush? Or, do the only legitimate "tactics" consist of running around the map squeezing off head shots from the hip?

Or you could have 21 - 0 like me!

Being slow and tactical really does pay off in this game. Here are my tips

1.Lay out ambush spots according to your uniform camo and make sure you have shrubbery, trees etc behind you to break up your outline.

2.Listen to foot steps and you can nail people trying to sneak up on you.

3.Trick the enemy into thinking you're going this way and go the other way and get him from behind.

4.Make sure you have your flanks cover by teammates.

5.Avoid hotspots and find a nice place to settle down and be patient.

BOOYA!

Edited by Zoot

Stats are fine, but when it comes down to a squad match w/no respawns it's about the team who wins. Not who got the most kills.

Exactly :thumbsup:

personally id rather seem my team win than worry about what kills and deaths i have.

I totally agree, it's not about your own kills/ deaths it's about the team winning. Anyone thinking diffrent is no team player. I couldn't give 2 ######s about my kill/ death count, my team comes first always.