GRAW 2 Reviews

Guys,

How many of you have looked at GRAW 2 reviews? Typically a review is a deciding factor for me to buy a game, but I bought GRAW 2 the day it came out.

What is fascinating to me, reading all the reviews, is the constant complaining about the game being too hard. Too hard. Well, Ghost Recon was never supposed to be a run and gun game, at least to my knowledge. I played Ghost Recon 1 PC, back in the day, loved it, got hooked. I crawled through it, took my shots properly, and felt like a ghost. I played GRAW PC, loved the enhancements, though AI was bothersome, silent weapons did not work at all. Now I am on GRAW 2 and I think it is awesome, though team AI is still fuzzy, grenades bounce like bouncy balls, and 203 rounds shoot like rockets, but all in all, I like it. I can be silent. I can crawl around and wipe the map clean with all achievements and an S rating. It runs at an average of 90 FPS, as well. I like the graphics, the colors, the animations, sliding on my knees, or diving, being able to peek, the list continues.

Currently I play on hardcore difficulty and I am not having too hard of a time. Granted you die here and there because you went a bit too fast, did not take proper cover, or you just did something dumb, but the PC version is for the PC, not a console. It should be hard. If you are silent, what do you need to worry about? f you are loud, yes the enemy will come after you with a vengeance. I will not get into a PC v Console discussion, but my console collects dust and my PC has resolution that is unmatched and nothing beats the Fang gamepad and a mouse. I have played GRAW 2 on the 360 and I find it easy, though I cannot hit the broad side of a barn for the most part. Those joysticks have no precision for me.

I think a 70% review from Gamespot and IGN, just does not give the game enough credit. I think they are more focused on the console version of things, than on what the PC can do and offer. GRIN you rock.

Thoughts and comments?

If you are wondering what PC I am running:

ASUS Striker Extreme MB

2x ASUS En 8800 GTX

Intel 6800 extreme

75 GB WD Raptor

ASUS 16x DVD Drive

Enermax 1000w PSU

Thermaltake Armour Case

2 GB Crucial RAM

Edited by soulmatrix

I couldnt agree more. Did you watch the video review on IGN also? The reviewer complains about your teammates running into the line of fire, yet it is him who directs them there (at 0:42 and 0:53 of the video). The sniper is positioned in the guardhouse specifically to gun down those who run their teammates through that valley without care. I mean, it says right there on the back of my dvd box it's a TACTICAL game, where were his tactics? In short, I have been less than satisfied with 3rd party reviews like the IGN one considering the amount of fun I'm having with this game.

GREAT JOB GRIN! :thumbsup:

I read the IGN review and a couple others and saw that most are ranging in the 70%. I have never had a problem positioning my sniper such that he gets shot for no reason. I've seldom had team mates not fire at hostiles (weapon range and optics seem to make a difference). And when a level is too hard, I switch up my tactics and use my team as a unit to get me through while incorporating the mortar or air strike where appropriate. I found that all levels give you more than enough tools to get you through with team intact.

I can't help but think GRAW2 is being marked down because it is the game that GRAW1 should have been. Because it has been released as a full game so soon after GRAW1 I get the impression the score's are taking a hit for that. For me it scores a good 10% more than most reviews are giving it.