Question for serellan and other RSE devs ( fun question, no abuse LOL

BS PALADIN

Remember guys your questions go though the UBI post clearing center first, then a meeting is held and various answers are throw about. finally about 2 weeks later you may? get a response.

or simply they werent as much fun as you think?

My favorite to work on was probably Summit Strike. Polished engine, clear vision, good amount of time to work with Jeff to flesh out the design, good schedule; and then I got to roll off onto GRAW and let the team finish it. :rocky: Changing up the gameplay just through the LD & Objective layout was fun, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Summit strike, interesting. I thought it might have been GRIT. But i liked the way GRSS kinda made a u-turn with the SP element and focused back on more open play. Plus it had some great maps. Rolling hills, Industrial complex and Peaks were astounding maps.

My favorite to work on was probably Summit Strike. Polished engine, clear vision, good amount of time to work with Jeff to flesh out the design, good schedule; and then I got to roll off onto GRAW and let the team finish it. :rocky: Changing up the gameplay just through the LD & Objective layout was fun, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks. I just put SS back in a few weeks ago and had a blast running through those missions again.

I have a question,

With the ever increasing speed of consoles, is the Internet a limiting factor in game design now?

Yes, in MP.

Summit strike, interesting. I thought it might have been GRIT. But i liked the way GRSS kinda made a u-turn with the SP element and focused back on more open play. Plus it had some great maps. Rolling hills, Industrial complex and Peaks were astounding maps.

GRIT was cool to work on, especially the DLC missions, but the toolset was much more limited and time consuming. :)

Am i correct in saying that the GR2/GRSS engine was based on UNREAL 2 tech.

No. It was proprietary tech, an extension of the RSE engine.

You are in a very answering mood today. :D

Now about that title update for GRAW2 on the 360... Kidding... Kidding... 0:)

Saying as you are in an answering mood serellan any chance you could roughly lay out the process of the building of a map. I find all this stuff really interesting.

The GDC 07 presentation that Mike Haynes and I gave this year outlines our process, I believe it is available for download from the GDC website, and the audio is available for download.

I'm interested in knowing how much communication/interaction there is between the GR teams and RB6 teams?

Do you share knowledge, ideas, programming shortcuts, assets, etc.

I think that both franchises offer some great gameplay & features and think that things could be borrowed from both to improve both. The PEC from RB6Vegas, to map you face on your character, implemented in GRAW.

The ability to automatically switch objectives (Defense/offense) sides as an option in RB6Vegas, the GR series has had this for a long time, and its a hassle a lot of the time manually switching sides over in RB6Vegas.

Keep up the good work.

RB6 and GRAW still offers some of the best LIVE lobby features found on 360.

The GDC 07 presentation that Mike Haynes and I gave this year outlines our process, I believe it is available for download from the GDC website, and the audio is available for download.

Cool! I didn't know that ... if anyone finds the direct link, please post it.