Disable annoying "sir, talk to me sir"

Hi all!

Great game, except one thing that annoys me. (Single player mode)

i.e. I am 'in the moment', slowly aiming in the distance for enemies, when suddenly my team mates say "sir", "Talk to me sir", "Yes sir" which causes you to lose your concentration.

Basically they hassle/remind you if they are not in Follow Mode. But sometimes the team AI is a bit clumsy and they get hit by enemy fire, so I cant have them follow me all the time.

Is there any way to disable their reminders?

I tried turning off "voice_quotes" in the settings but that didn't help. What does this option do anyway?

Edited by Anarchi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you leave your guys and go lone wolfing, they will constantly nag you. If you use them to full extent, you wont be nagged.

Nice thought, but unfortunately when I'm sneaking up the bridge in Mission 10 to take out the snipers and turret positions (because the friendly AI will just stand there and get picked off in about 10 seconds), I cannot STAND hearing the nagging. If they were more intelligent, I'd use them more often. I've tried the bridge on Mission 10 many different ways using the AI and without exception they walk into the line of fire every single time.

Ghosts? Yeah, they're Ghosts... mostly because they're dead most of the time.

-jk

callsign threepoint

If you leave your guys and go lone wolfing, they will constantly nag you. If you use them to full extent, you wont be nagged.

Nice thought, but unfortunately when I'm sneaking up the bridge in Mission 10 to take out the snipers and turret positions (because the friendly AI will just stand there and get picked off in about 10 seconds), I cannot STAND hearing the nagging. If they were more intelligent, I'd use them more often. I've tried the bridge on Mission 10 many different ways using the AI and without exception they walk into the line of fire every single time.

-jk

callsign threepoint

Easy solution..............

just shoot the sob :) lol

-jk

callsign threepoint

Easy solution..............

just shoot the sob :) lol

Trying to get Rosen to get into the blackhawk? I seriously contemplated putting a round in his forehead but I sort of knew that defeated the mission. :)

-jk

You missed a few; Things a GRAW2 AI might say :wall:

Sir, permission to say sir, Sir

Sir, Permission to hide in the open, Sir ;)

Sir, permission to leave the field of battle and join the coop AI? Sir

LOL

Sir, permission to lay down for dead, Sir

Sir, Are you aware of the next awareness action of teamhot Sir

:rofl: I believe they run every 30mins from the West coast to the rest of humanity

AI:Sir, Permission to take the weapon of mass destruction?, Sir

PLAYER:Are you a crazy AI?

AI:Sir, no sir

PLAYER: The M99 is reserved for noobs & fully experienced players that, and I quote

"TeamHot will be using this weapon almost exclusivly over the next few days. We will demonstrate exactly how the m99 can be the most powerful weapon in the game and why we, as a community, must voice our concerns over just how overpowered the m99 is."

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=481206

"Way to go, sir! Your target is down, Sir!"

Man, these ghosts keeps track of when I hit a guy in the head at 200 yards in the middle of a fight - but the stupid fks can't use a zeus to take out a helo. :ph34r:

I almost gave up on mission 9 to never play this game again.

When ordered to take out the helos they replied: "Taking the shot" and I thought great I get some help with this!

Guess what? They started to shoot at the helos with their M416s... :wall:

I had to kill both helos myself using every gun I could find around the map. The first one was down with my zeus, but the second... phew... I must have shot 3000 rounds with different weapons before the helo went down.