BuFF's Take on the Game.

1) I think that the SERVER GHOSTING SHOULD BE FIXED. You have to hit refresh 2-5 times to get the server that you want to show up.

2)Fix the damn Chat. My keys to start chat is T and Y and these letters show up in chat when I am typing to my team or to all. This was a problem since the demo. I thought it would be fixed for the final game.

3) Grin every modern game that is out right now has voip built in the game. When playing RvsA most of the time people don't know what they are doing. Voip would of helped to organize the team to complete the objectives. The lack of Voip was the biggest disappointment that I have with the game.

4) RvsA is the best mode. Think of some ways to improve it. Maybe adding some more classes.

5) In TDM, I think that you should earn your weapons just like in RvsA mode. So easy for a newb to pick the GLs.

6) How about an official map pack and more weapons in the future.

GRIN I really like the game. Don't give up and stop supporting the game. UBI has been notorious about lack of support since the down fall of the Rainbow Six series. Don't let us GHOST down too.

BuFFaLo-SouLjaH :zorro:

VOIP implementation isn't going to happen 'grin made the statement in a post' look at what happened with the mess on Armed Assault. Teamspeak is good. What is needed is a way of easily communicating the TS settings to the users without repeatedly typing it into the ttext box ;) pain in the buttock.

You guys ever hear of Roger Wilco or Team Speak or...

(yep Ventrilo Could not remember the name)

Yeeeeah... Like everyone joining a public RvA server will all have vent or TS and will be willing to join the server by putting in the server address and the port and password. Huge pain in the ######

Without ingame VOIP, it's impossible to be tactical when your pubbing. The only real tactical games I play are with people I already know. We are on ventrilo together so we can communicate. Most people shy out or just leave when asked to join ventrilo or TS.

Edited by Zoot

If GRIN could find a way to implement TS or Vent from within the game all of this would be solved. For instance, once you join a server you have a button to automatically launch TS and join the correct channel.

Yeeeeah... Like everyone joining a public RvA server will all have vent or TS and will be willing to join the server by putting in the server address and the port and password. Huge pain in the ######

Without ingame VOIP, it's impossible to be tactical when your pubbing. The only real tactical games I play are with people I already know. We are on ventrilo together so we can communicate. Most people shy out or just leave when asked to join ventrilo or TS.

I don't like in game voice do to those squeeky 13 year olds blabbing every word they heard that day from the back of the schoolbus. Private is much better.

I don't like in game voice do to those squeeky 13 year olds blabbing every word they heard that day from the back of the schoolbus. Private is much better.

eye i agree if you get some idiot who is in the server tking all the time or just some moran constantly being a pain in the ass if he joins comms he may just sit there keying up and playing music or some other rubbish down the channel and spoil it for everyone else.

at least if you have your own comms you can control what happens and who you have on their.

ts and such like dont take that long to install and we use ts and only takes 2 mins max to input ip and such forth and connect.

most dedi servers that are up and running im sure will have a comms server running in tandem.

We touched on this subject a few time in the past.

TeamSpeak can be sent remote commands. For example there is a php module that allows clients to join a TS server from a website. The website configures the server specific information in the php module and when someone clicks on the "join TS" link, it launches the TS client and automatically joins the server.

There was also a mod for Ravenshield that did this as well. So we know it can be done from ingame. It's also probably that a game could send other commands as well such as channel switching (sub channels for example in a adversarial server). It's not so far fetched to think that GRIN could implement something of this sort as well.

HOWEVER, I do believe that with what GRIN was given by UBI in regards to money and time, it was a wise decision to use the resources elsewhere. By doing this, it allowed them to put their resources into developing and refining other aspects of the game that they felt were more critical. As the game is already not where I would like to see (my opinion) I can only wonder what would have been sacrificed from it's current feature list for VOIP if they decided to implement it. In this instance I can understand their decision and support it. It would have been nice, but I believe they just didn't have the time nor the money to do it.

The whole "oh well I dont like kiddies on my comms so I dont want public voip" thing is absurd. You plan on sacrificing the entire gaming experience because you don't want a kid talking in your ear? Well, theres a thing called MUTE, and you can use it to mute selective people!

I think the whole idea of private TS servers and vent servers is elitist. Many people who are great players just don't want to be bothered with jotting down server info on a sheet of paper and alt-tabbing to start up a third party program to join a random ###### server everytime he wants to have a good tactical experience.

The whole "oh well I dont like kiddies on my comms so I dont want public voip" thing is absurd. You plan on sacrificing the entire gaming experience because you don't want a kid talking in your ear? Well, theres a thing called MUTE, and you can use it to mute selective people!

I think the whole idea of private TS servers and vent servers is elitist. Many people who are great players just don't want to be bothered with jotting down server info on a sheet of paper and alt-tabbing to start up a third party program to join a random ###### server everytime he wants to have a good tactical experience.

I understand your frustration Zoot, how tactical can a team be without communications right? I just don't think in game VOIP is going to solve this problem and here is my experience on why it will not work. Even if you do have in game VOIP only about 1/3rd to half of the people on the server have headsets anyways or are even using the comms. Those who do buy a headset with mic are those who have already joined a 3rd party comms software with other groups and usually just play what they are playing on.

I think you just have to pick the lesser of two evils in this situation if you're the game developer. Spend my time implementing this feature in a game when resources could be used elsewhere or let someone like teamspeak handle it since these types of software are already being widely used by serious gamers and they provide great services and run the risk of upsetting players who wish it was in the game. It's a tough choice.

Who is running a TS or Vent server?

My team runs one (TS2) for private use, and about 4 or 5 of our guys have spare TS boxes ready so if we're playing with a few non team guys we'll set up one they can join if they have TS2.

Usually people who are playing for their own enjoyment won't join but those who want a team experience will.

Just to chime in, I don't care what system is used as long I know. If I find a server I like I ask, and fire up the program required. As for great players who do not use VOIP, they are great individuals but not great team players. You need to be able to communicate to be part of a team. Snipers will not always be able to see what is going on, and support guys need to know where to suppress, it takes a voice system to do that.

As for no built in support, I agree that the money spent making the primary game good is money better spent. There are enough options for VOIP servers out there that work, re-inventing the wheel is not really productive.