[Why preset kits in MP coop ?]

You can change kits by clicking on the blue bars below the kits, but your right I would rather have the same weapons choices like in the SP campaign. Who ever came up with the preset kits needs to have their head examined.

You can change kits by clicking on the blue bars below the kits, but your right I would rather have the same weapons choices like in the SP campaign. Who ever came up with the preset kits needs to have their head examined.

Oh now, that is a little harsh. 0:)

Oh now, that is a little harsh. 0:)

I'm not against the kits per say just they choices they made. :wacko:

[GR] kits had about twice as many choices almost insuring they had kits that made sense for the situation in 90% of the cases.

Edit: I may be remembering the User Made Add on Kits

Edited by Fletch

is that in the modded GR or GR ds and IT ??

i think just GR had about the same options in numbers.

Was just talking to a friend who also played [GR]. He thinks the original prior to DS and IT only had about 4 kits each and when the DS and IT packs are added, there about 20 selections.

In some recent thread somehwere (probably in the modding section), i noticed that the kits can be "modded". but I think they said that the client and the server **BOTH** has to have the kit mod for it to work (or the anticheat will prevent it from making it onto the server)

Anyway, this is what I recall. If I recall it correctly, some servers will have required mods to join.

It would be far more preferable if each server had control over its clients in so far as to what mods appear on the client side.

In some recent thread somehwere (probably in the modding section), i noticed that the kits can be "modded". but I think they said that the client and the server **BOTH** has to have the kit mod for it to work (or the anticheat will prevent it from making it onto the server)

Anyway, this is what I recall. If I recall it correctly, some servers will have required mods to join.

It would be far more preferable if each server had control over its clients in so far as to what mods appear on the client side.

Just like GR1 to me. You can go ahead and change the loadouts no problem, anyone who joins needs to have your mod enabled.

Only time will show, what mods people want to use i guess.

Is the auto-download going to work the same?

Tinker

Was just talking to a friend who also played [GR]. He thinks the original prior to DS and IT only had about 4 kits each and when the DS and IT packs are added, there about 20 selections.

That's correct. It was awesome. We had people who always took too long to ready up as it is.

I agree and have been calling for a return to the GRAW settings where you can chose or create your own custom kit. I would be nice to allow, for Coop at least one custom kit where the player could create their own loadout that they prefer while keeping the rest of the kits. Kind of a happy medium between the two.

I really think this or a return to the GRAW1 style of coop load outs will be impossible with what they have created. I think this is because they are using the same basic character setup/design for all the multiplayer gametypes in this regard (except campaign coop). The only difference is the specific dedicated server settings such as swap sides or round time seige score for exampe. Otherwise the difference is primarily in the scripting of the mission. I see this as potentially very flexible and allowing for some interesting custom gametypes. But they had to create some framework that all the missions probably adhere to. Which is why they will all probably be limited to kits defined by the mission/map maker. I hope I'm wrong and we will see a return to choosing our own loadouts in coop, but I don't believe this will be the case.

I feel to have any restriction in a game especially kits is not good, load out and choice is very important.

We are years away from kit selection in GR1 progression I would like to see but it is missing.

Even something simple like the pics of the weapons not changing, you pick a different weapon but the image stays the same.

There is a lot I would not want from the xbox version but the kits are very varied and selection is huge, this I would want.

I think its more about player choice not what we are told to use.

The Auto download is also a very good point.

Edited by Colin

I like the kits for TvT modes, but in Coop it's just a PITA. All I want is an M416 with a red dot a silencer with an M9 and a hand grenade. Of course, I do like the fact that you can make custom kits on custom maps (once we get the editor..... :wall:)

I like the kits for TvT modes, but in Coop it's just a PITA. All I want is an M416 with a red dot a silencer with an M9 and a hand grenade. Of course, I do like the fact that you can make custom kits on custom maps (once we get the editor..... :wall:)

Agree but, the map author will certainly add his favorite loadout, however people with different preferences will still be left out in the cold so to speak.

Not necessarily. Chances are a lot of people are going to use the stock kits. I plan on making mine fit with certain themes (ie pistols only, SMGs only, smoke for all, etc etc) depending on the map. Also makes me wonder if map authors will release 2 versions of their maps - 1 with the stock kits and 1 with their own custom kits.

Not necessarily. Chances are a lot of people are going to use the stock kits. I plan on making mine fit with certain themes (ie pistols only, SMGs only, smoke for all, etc etc) depending on the map. Also makes me wonder if map authors will release 2 versions of their maps - 1 with the stock kits and 1 with their own custom kits.

It's a good idea if GRIN make it possible, but even the server can not restrict kits/ weapon types (at the moment), so whether the map bundle can carry it is a diffrent matter.

Even something simple like the pics of the weapons not changing, you pick a different weapon but the image stays the same.
This is a subtle point that I noticed as well. I did prefer the GRAW1 interface in which the weapon pic changed as you selected each different one.