What are **YOU** doing to help GRiN's sales

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in standby mode, after GRAW 1 and the lack of support for the MP community I see no reason to drop another 50 bucks. No one on my team has picked the game up.

Sad to say this, but you appear to be in the majority of the MP crowd. At best there are about 100-150 players online Fri/ Sat nights. BDA has a great server as does Core and a few others but that's it.

Far from the days of RVS *sigh*. I recall that GR (original) took some time to take off. I hope the same happens here as I do think the MP action is strong, great weapon recoil, great sound, great maps, etc...(I could do w/out the class element for weapons-but that is a small gripe)

This game has great potential to be a strong laddering game. But after Letdown, GR2 (that never came) GRAW 1 and the XBOX pc version of Vegas the damage has clearly been done t o the brand. And that is a shame b/c GRAW 2 (MP) is a return to the roots of a once great franchise.

Edited by Romulus_45acp

Something is wrong here. I go on-line earlier this evening and less than 40 peeps playing GRAW2. Maybe the game needed a patch. So I do the auto patch. Go back on-line, no change in the amount of peeps playing this game.

I dont see the support of this game anymore. GRAW1 had less than 100 peeps. Looks like GRAW2 will be less.

Am I wrong with what I see playing on line>??

We have more on-ling playing [Ghost Recon], where it all started. Is GRAW2 less popular than GRAW1?

I know you can say "give it some time", I dont see the interest now. :(

Something is wrong here. I go on-line earlier this evening and less than 40 peeps playing GRAW2. Maybe the game needed a patch. So I do the auto patch. Go back on-line, no change in the amount of peeps playing this game.

I dont see the support of this game anymore. GRAW1 had less than 100 peeps. Looks like GRAW2 will be less.

We have more on-ling playing [Ghost Recon], where it all started. Is GRAW2 less popular than GRAW1?

Your right with that statement, if I want to play c00p I will play graw1. Thats only because of the lack of people playing on the servers on graw2.

Here you can check how many people and servers currently online GR:AW 2 online

386 players as typing.

And GR:AW 1 online

Here you can check how many people and servers currently online GR:AW 2 online

386 players as typing.

Hey thats a neat tool, but its is the DEMO :( You have one for the GRAW2 PC?? with server stats?

BTW, a update. Played coop for several hours, had 12 in coops for awhile, then shut down to eat supper :) Me not so dissappointed tonight.......

Edited by GanG_Jane

Here you can check how many people and servers currently online

386 players as typing.

Hey thats a neat tool, but its is the DEMO :( You have one for the GRAW2 PC?? with server stats?

BTW, a update. Played coop for several hours, had 12 in coops for awhile, then shut down to eat supper :) Me not so dissappointed tonight.......

No its not the demo, its just the name of the script. I have renamed them to make it more clear.

GRAW 1

GRAW 2

GRAW 2 demo

As I said in my original post, I believe we are shooting ourselves in the foot if we take such a hard line on a product that is ...

-->A. Pretty good ... lots of fun already, albeit less than perfect.

-->B. In the Genre we love which is obviously dissappearing (Even though we want to see the fan base grow so the Genre can grow).

-->C. Made by a company that showed tremendous support last time.

Someimtes, you gotta extend some faith. You gotta take a risk to help the thing you love. Based on GRiNs support through last summer on GRAW1, I feel it is not Blind Faith.

When that risk is $100,000, you need to move very cuatiously. When that risk is $50, IMHO, its a no brainer.

But thats just my philosophy. I do not expect others to share my philosphy. But I hope they will consider it.

Edited by Sleepdoc

What am I doing to help GRiN sales... I bought a copy.

I think that's all I should do... If asked I will say I like the game and reccomend it. I think that's all I can do.

While I appriciate GRiN and what they have done with this game I can't forget that it's the job of the publisher, UBI, to market the game and drive sales. UBI didn't pour the same recources into marketing this version of the game as they did the 360. If sales are weak then GRiN needs to get a new publisher.

It's a great game for its genre, but it's hard to recommend this game to ppl when GRIN has only been given a 4 week window to patch the game and then it's over. If I had read that before I bought the game (3 copies) I would have probably held off on buying it.

The CEO of GRiN posted right here on these forums that this 4 week thing was a myth. He referred all of us to recall how many months of support we got from them last time on their last game.

His message was clear.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Well if it's true, then it's nice to know the game will be supported. But trying to convince people to buy another UBI pc game these days is like pulling teeth. GRIN needs to dump the bad luggage and find a publisher that cares about pc gamers. With UBI's name off the box sales would increase.

Someimtes, you gotta extend some faith. You gotta take a risk to help the thing you love. Based on GRiNs support through last summer on GRAW1, I feel it is not Blind Faith.

Well Sleepdoc, my view on this whole thing is the "Blind Faith" was burned by both the publisher and developer in GRAW1. As a COOP player, I am sick and tired of being forced into kits, equipment, tactical situations, lack of team controls and a general lack of interest from the designers. I too am in a holding pattern, waiting to see if there will be support for this title. If not, then I'll wait until it is in the bin for 15 bucks. I am done paying 50 bucks a whack for incomplete, abandoned games. If it is patched and supported then I'll give it a shot otherwise the Ghost Recon title is pretty much over in my book.

Well if it's true, then it's nice to know the game will be supported. But trying to convince people to buy another UBI pc game these days is like pulling teeth. GRIN needs to dump the bad luggage and find a publisher that cares about pc gamers. With UBI's name off the box sales would increase.

I will not attempt to argue your position.

Becuase my position is unrelated to the publisher. It is simply that in order to save the Genre we love, we all have a reposnability to take some risks and spend some money. Period. I see no other way. We have to pick a team and go with it. And right now, GRiN is that team. Independat of the publisher they are linked to.

Also, I find it odd that people think UBI is somehow an ultimate villian in all this. To me, they are simply a business trying to manage fiscal success is a jungle of an industry. And When I look at ym games collection, I see many that are Ubisoft and many form them that I like and continue to like.

I feel the reality of UBI as a business and the myth of UBI as a villian just don't sync up. They have a fiduciary resposability to their share holders first and foremost. I'm not saying all tehir choices are the right choices. and it is likely that sometimes, corporate choices do not always serve tehir customers or their shareholders. But overall, all corporations try to make decisions that work for them. I do not see UBI as uniquely bad at this process. In fact, based on tehir recent profits, I see them as mostly effective. I see the "villian" thing an artifact of the reality that they own some IPs that guys liek us are so passionate about, that they can almost never make a decision that pleases the hardcores.

P.S. When is that GRAW2 RLC server coming online? :D

I'm with you Sleep. I didn't have a problem picking the game up on launch day. But to alot of pc gamers the word UBI means unfinished, buggy, console port.

The RLC server will be up when enough members buy the game and want to play it. We hosted a desolate Vegas server for 4 months and I'm not going to make the same mistake again. We will continue hosting RVS servers until more members and more people are playing GRAW 2.

I will not attempt to argue your position.

Becuase my position is unrelated to the publisher. It is simply that in order to save the Genre we love, we all have a reposnability to take some risks and spend some money. Period. I see no other way. We have to pick a team and go with it. And right now, GRiN is that team. Independat of the publisher they are linked to.

Unfortuneatly your post is very related to the publisher and here is why.

It's not GRIN that decides how much time will be spent developinbg the game. It's UBI

GRIN is not the one who decides how much money will be spent on patches and further content. It's UBI.

Therefore this is in every way related to the publisher. GRIN was hired by UBI to develop GRAW and GRAW2. Not RedStorm like the [Ghost Recon]. Even though I think they did have a little to do with it but I'm not sure as to how much

Also, I find it odd that people think UBI is somehow an ultimate villian in all this. To me, they are simply a business trying to manage fiscal success is a jungle of an industry. And When I look at ym games collection, I see many that are Ubisoft and many form them that I like and continue to like.

Ok here again you have to look at the entire picture. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not bagging on you, I'm just pointing out that some things just don't add up.

Since UBI decides how much money and time will be spent and for how long they are in fact the only villian.

They have made tons of money on GRAW as it won all kinds of awards for sales. So yes they are a business, but they are the villian as they control the developer and what will and wont be done.

I feel the reality of UBI as a business and the myth of UBI as a villian just don't sync up. They have a fiduciary resposability to their share holders first and foremost. I'm not saying all tehir choices are the right choices. and it is likely that sometimes, corporate choices do not always serve tehir customers or their shareholders. But overall, all corporations try to make decisions that work for them. I do not see UBI as uniquely bad at this process. In fact, based on tehir recent profits, I see them as mostly effective. I see the "villian" thing an artifact of the reality that they own some IPs that guys liek us are so passionate about, that they can almost never make a decision that pleases the hardcores.

P.S. When is that GRAW2 RLC server coming online? :D

Here you tend to contradict your self about they have a responcability to thier bottom line and then that their profits have been doing very well.

Which states that yes they are a business and yes they are doing very well. But they still are responcible for what dose and does not happen with this game not GRIN. SO who would the villian be then ? the consumer ?

But with that said why would one who was not happy with the way things went with GRAW continue to support a company that has truly lost sight of a huge and loyal fan base to the all mighty dollar.

To me this is bad business because you now alienate a large number of that loyal fan base which in turn lowers your bottom line.

When they could have spent a little more time and money to somewhat please a larger portion of that fan base therefore sales would be greater as word of mouth goes out in a possitive manner instead of a negative one.

Ghost Recon was not advertised nearly as much as GRAW or GRAW2 and yet the sales were very good as word of mouth spread about the best tactical combat game out there, and it lasted for 6 years. GRAW died in less than 2 and I don't see GRAW2 setting any longevity records. Why ? Word of mouth spreads from this tight knit community faster than a California brush fire in the Santa Anna winds.

The decisions that UBI has made towards this franchise has driven a huge number of loyal fans away from this title as the content or lack there of speaks volumes as to how UBI feels about this community.

In other words, make the money and run.

I know that most of the hardcore Co-op fans have long givin up on this game and will not purchase GRAW2 and I don't blame them at all.

I got mine for free in a draw and for that I am greatful, as I was not prepaired to buy GRAW2 at all as I had lost all faith in what was done to GRAW.

I'm glad you like the game and their are many who do. But their is also a large number that will no longer support this franchise myself included.

We held our breaths for content and patches for GRAW and turned a lovely shade of blue waiting. Instead we got GRAW2. Not an exspantion to GRAW but an entirely new game. Will there be a GRAW3. Persoanly I could'nt care less.

Just my opinion and 2 cents

Edited by Creatch

Ghost Recon was not advertised nearly as much as GRAW or GRAW2 and yet the sales were very good as word of mouth spread about the best tactical combat game out there, and it lasted for 6 years.

Soon to be 7 years!

:thumbsup: to the best game ever. With that, i hold it as my own duty to give GRAW2 some Recon!

:ph34r:

Tinker