Mi-28 Havoc's health needs to be lowered

As of now, the only way to take out the havoc realistically is with a Zeus. I did take it down with a rifle but that took me more than 20 magazines of ammo and around 10 quickloads. It was perfect in Graw1, where you had to take out the choppers in Ready for bear after you exited the tunnels. Around 3-4 mags per chopper and it went down.

The way it is now, you HAVE to have a zeus on chopper missions or you're pretty much screwed. If you don't memorize which missions have a chopper, you're in trouble. I don't like to carry the Zeus around every single mission so I don't want to start from the beginning of a mission to change my loadout just because there's a chopper in the mission. I mean, comon, that mission where the rebel commander escapes on a havoc.. ######. I didnt have a zeus. How was I suppose to know?

I want a realistic alternative to kill the damn choppers! I think the zeus is a big gameplay restraint.

I can confrim.

Last night playing Quarry, i fired a RPG at the enemy Helicopter(the one which the ghosts can take on that mission, kit 12 fro teh demolition class). I hit it dead-on before any of the enemy had yet fast-roped out of the heli. the copter bobbled from teh impact, but then proceded unaffected to fast rope its soldiers out of the vehcile, and then fly away unaffected...

I would thing a direct hit, boradside, to any helicopter by an RPG would be the end of that helicopters mission....

I would thing a direct hit, boradside, to any helicopter by an RPG would be the end of that helicopters mission....

The RPG is a bit funny and its' effect is... not fully dependable.

I didnt have a zeus. How was I suppose to know?

If your AI team has it as default in their kits, then there is need for Zeus in that mission. Still you sometimes need to use 2 during a mission. But the AI can usually take down helicopters quite well as long as someone distracts it while he's about to shoot it to prevent the AI getting shoot down.

I never go to combat without it though as it only weighs 3 points.

hmm.... Can you elaborate please on "not fully dependable? Becuase that bad boy hit and blew up cleanly on the broadside of that helicopter ....

Edited by Sleepdoc

hmm.... Can you elaborate please on "not fully dependable? Becuase that bad boy hit and blew up cleanly on the broadside of that helicopter ....

Well. The RPG is not an instant kill weapon like the Zeus is. It rely on the damage system to make it less powerful then the Zeus. So it depends on where you hit the thing as it takes different damage on different places. I haven't looked at the vehicle files so can't say exactly how the hit bodies are setup though.

I haven't looked at the vehicle files so can't say exactly how the hit bodies are setup though.

Fair enough. but if you get a chance to do so and let us know, I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

Are these elements moddable?

In particualr, are the hit boxes on people and helicopters moddable (in so far as their size and relative positions) or are those hard coded?

Edited by Sleepdoc

In particualr, are the hit boxes on people and helicopters moddable (in so far as their size and relative positions) or are those hard coded?

Hit boxes use geometry exported with the model from Max. So you can't add or change the boxes themselves. You could play around in the XML files though which is where the use of them is defined, although I wouldn't recommend it unless you've figured out what you are doing. :P

Hit boxes use geometry exported with the model from Max. So you can't add or change the boxes themselves. You could play around in the XML files though which is where the use of them is defined, although I wouldn't recommend it unless you've figured out what you are doing. :P

If I did it, it **would** be a wreck. :lol: Becuase I don't mod.

I am just trying to get as much discussion going on the mod aspects as possible before the tools come out so the guys who **DO** know what they are doing have as much info at their fingertips as possible. By engaging you in these ways, iyt is my hope to probe the edges adn ideas, and give more info to modders so they can get ready for the "editor days".

Thanks for all you share with us. :santa:

Edited by Sleepdoc

Shooting RPG at the side no good, shoot at the opening at the back and nice fireworks.

Edit: Oh, and this is why I have been asking for the ability to get secondary and backpack weapons from your teammates. They dance around forever while trying to decide which of the many (1) helicopters you have asked them to shoot down they plan on targeting. It may be a rocket but it sure ain't rocket science, just point the damn thing and shoot it already. It would take less time to run across the map and get the weapon and shoot it yourself.

Edited by Fletch

Fair enough on the Mi28 but why would you want to try and knock the transport helo out of the air for???

Here's a hint for that one....the guys that fastrope down have a slightly "funny" roping animation, it starts out real slow and then after a few meters on the ropes they are going lightning fast. Just take aim about 2 meters down on the rope and wait for your first happy victim to start roping....then blow him clean off the rope! I can generally take out 3 out of the 4 badguys that try getting out of those choppers.

Now that's what you call a "hot insertion"! :o=