Bullet zip?

I only know this from movies, but you know when you see bullets flying in movies sometimes you hear them "zipping" close by? That happened to me in GRAW 2 last night, what a buzz! I was running full pelt across the Dam to try and find a blinking RPG :o= and bullets were flying, then loud as anything in my headset there was what can I can only describe as a fast zipping noise, I mean I practically felt the bullet brushing past my face LOL!

I never heard that in the whole campaign or online before, it certainly put a spring in my step as I was looking for cover anyway lol!

Cool I want a headset with a wind blower too!

LOL. I'm a "better peripheral" freak. Its actually not such a crazy idea. But rather than a fan style blower, you would need compressed air, like CO2 cartidges. so the reposnse of wind could be instantaneous and with force ..

LOL

But seroiusly, if you like that sort of thing, you definitely need to get yourself a pair of FORCE FEEDBACK headphones. They are awesome in GRAW and GRAW2 (and ArmA and Doom3 and Red Orchestra and Halflife2 etc etc.) You can thank GRiN desmond22 (Simon) for that. his sound files are very 3D and very palpable when played through force feedback headphones and can add a level of immersion you may not have expected ... Force feedback headphones are not just a gimmick....

Edited by Sleepdoc

But seroiusly, if you like that sort of thing, you definitely need to get yourself a pair of FORCE FEEDBACK headphones. They are awesome in GRAW and GRAW2 (and ArmA and Doom3 and Red Orchestra and Halflife2 etc etc.) You can thank GRiN desmond22 (Simon) for that. his sound files are very 3D and very palpable when played through force feedback headphones and can add a level of immersion you may not have expected ... Force feedback headphones are not just a gimmick....

Yep, the flashing lights might be a bit gimmicky, but the sound and feeback through these is awesome.

Another cool/funny thing happened on that same mission. You know that comic scene where someone is standing up against a wall and they take a hail of bullets or whatever, they walk away and all that's left is a bullet hole outline on the wall, I swear that happened to me yesterday in GRAW. For some reason the guy was at such a hieght he could not get an absolute shot in on me, only down my left side. It was when I was spinning round trying to triangulate where the fire was coming from, that I noticed the line of round impacts forming up down my left side LMAO.

Yep, the flashing lights might be a bit gimmicky, but the sound and feeback through these is awesome.

Actually Rocky, the Flashing lights have proven to be useful as well. My wife and I refer to them as "Wife lights". Since they only bounce around during intense noise, and since she can see them, she knows to wait for them to pass before she attempts to talk to me. Thats no Gimmick!!! that's down right utility!

Edited by Sleepdoc

Actually Rocky, the Flashing lights have proven to be useful as well. My wife and I refer to them as "Wife lights". Since they only bounce around during intense noise, and since she can see them, she knows to wait for them to pass before she attempts to talk to me. Thats no Gimmick!!! that's down right utility!

LMAO, you have a point!

Do they sell those AudioFX headphones at retail stores or will I have to purchase them online? Oh, and does the subwoofer/rumble feature require extra batteries? If so, what kind are needed and how long do they last? I'm looking for a replacement for my Logitech headset. I want really good headphones for when I go back to college in the fall. I want an experience as good as, if not better than my 5.1 speaker setup. Plus, it's something I can use if I don't want to bother people in the adjacent apartments...or my cousin. :rolleyes:

Do they sell those AudioFX headphones at retail stores or will I have to purchase them online? Oh, and does the subwoofer/rumble feature require extra batteries? If so, what kind are needed and how long do they last? I'm looking for a replacement for my Logitech headset. I want really good headphones for when I go back to college in the fall. I want an experience as good as, if not better than my 5.1 speaker setup. Plus, it's something I can use if I don't want to bother people in the adjacent apartments...or my cousin. :rolleyes:

No battereis. All USB powered.

I bought mine online.

apparently, they have a new, 5.1 version out.

http://www.edimensional.com/index.php?ref=...te_banner_id=13

My wife and I refer to them as "Wife lights". Since they only bounce around during intense noise, and since she can see them, she knows to wait for them to pass before she attempts to talk to me. Thats no Gimmick!!! that's down right utility!

Well it doesn’t help me; my wife can talk under water.

I’ve had mine for over a year now, at first the headphones seemed awkward, but now it’s a necessity for gaming, can’t do without it, I got mine at JB HI-FI (Australia).

As Sleepdoc said , the headphones come with a USB plug for the force feedback and your standard mic and headphone plug, there is also a control that controls the volume and the intensity of the force feedback, If you like, you can switch off the force feedback altogether.

That new 5.1 AudioFX headset is actually an newegg.com for $56. That's actually about 20 bucks cheaper than MSRP. I guess I might order it from there.

Now I have to get a new headset. I left the Logitech one on my chair and forgot about it...and you can guess what probably happened when I came back and sat down...

One of the earcups broke from the mount on the headband. It still works, but the wire is all that's keeping it from falling off. It does stay when I have it on my head though. Man, I've really got to be careful with the AudioFX ones when I get them.

I was playing some coop with Sleepdoc tonight and could hear every little foot step within easily 15-20m with my Medusa 5.1 headset. Granted it costs about $100 more than that AudioFX one, but the money is well spent when you have a good sound card (and use the headset as your primary rather than your speakers).

dunno about the rest of you guys but at just below 300 fps you can hear paint balls pass overhead by a few feet(1-2) and still get the Zip effect. Which Its hard to tell how far away the bullets are from you guys during the playtime but by the sounds of it (excuse the pun) they nearly have to be a few inches away to get the same effect... :hmm:

Another cool/funny thing happened on that same mission. You know that comic scene where someone is standing up against a wall and they take a hail of bullets or whatever, they walk away and all that's left is a bullet hole outline on the wall, I swear that happened to me yesterday in GRAW. For some reason the guy was at such a hieght he could not get an absolute shot in on me, only down my left side. It was when I was spinning round trying to triangulate where the fire was coming from, that I noticed the line of round impacts forming up down my left side LMAO.

Sounds to me like when WarHawk tried to TK me during an internal VBS1 testing of my SCAR package. I heared the first burst zip right past my head, turned around and stood there watching him empty a whole mag at me from 15 meters....without hitting squat. :blink: Ofcource I returned the favour and gave him a new breathinghole through the forehead using a single shot. :o=

Dang, I should have ordered one earlier. They're out of stock now. Anyone know how long it usually takes newegg to get more?

I have a contact at the manufacturers, I'll see what I can find out.

Dang, I should have ordered one earlier. They're out of stock now. Anyone know how long it usually takes newegg to get more?

I have a contact at the manufacturers, I'll see what I can find out.

Really? That's awesome. Thanks. :lol:

It's just that I have to go out of town at the end of the week, so if I have to order midweek, I may not be at home to get the package with 3-day shipping.