Can a gun be taken out of MP on the Server side?

I have heard it alluded to, and hints of this being possible have floated around my headset. But I have no idea where to start looking. Most games when you want to edit kit selection, requires a client AND server side mod. Is it even possible to do this server side only in GRAW 2? Some people say yes and some people say no, just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer. I no noob to this stuff so don't be afraid to get technical with me. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I have heard it alluded to, and hints of this being possible have floated around my headset. But I have no idea where to start looking. Most games when you want to edit kit selection, requires a client AND server side mod. Is it even possible to do this server side only in GRAW 2? Some people say yes and some people say no, just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer. I no noob to this stuff so don't be afraid to get technical with me. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

If it's only done server sided no one will be able to join as they will be kicked for having altered game files (which is to say files that are different from the servers).

Actually I was on the WDA server lastnight and they had removed the M4 with silencer and pistol option from the rifleman kit... so it can be done somehow (why I have no clue). Bottobot, if you do find a way and remove the GL's you're server will be my new home!!! LOL

Edited by GHOST_Sup

If it's only done server sided no one will be able to join as they will be kicked for having altered game files (which is to say files that are different from the servers).

Unless of course you guys eventually make a patch that allows this type of thing to function.... :whistle:;):yes:

true

Unless of course you guys eventually make a patch that allows this type of thing to function.... :whistle:;):yes:

That would be great. I don't know why GRIN changed that. The GRAW option to pick firearms was better in GRAW1

I hate the preset kits and some maps don't call for the use of nade launcers on multiplayer at all.

That might be read at server side.....in GRAW 1 while testing out a map I found that if the host has the same map (mymap.bundle for example) but the map was scripted differently, then the players would use the server side script rather than the one in the bundle they have. Maybe that's how the kits are read too.

That might be read at server side.....in GRAW 1 while testing out a map I found that if the host has the same map (mymap.bundle for example) but the map was scripted differently, then the players would use the server side script rather than the one in the bundle they have. Maybe that's how the kits are read too.

Any idea how to crack those bundles open to have a look at them? If i knew how to do that i may be able to experiment a little bit and puzzle it out.

Nemons Bundle Extractor in the downloads section. But that was for maps only and the game didn't check maps properly in GRAW 1 (buildings could be removed/moved/rotated, whatever) but the main bundle is checked.

thanks nutlink :D I will start there.