m99 Awareness week

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh teamwork that old chestnut .......................

TACTICS.

Tactics? Is that what the "Tac" stands for in Tac-sim? LOL.... :yes:

so seroiusly. Tac sims multiplayer always start out with people running around like a bunch of monkeys on crack trying to shoot and kill etc. then they get tehir ######E$ handed to them by the organized squads. the folks who cant take it (or just don't know how to get involved with a group via teamspeak etc) eventually fall off the servers (diaper rash) and then the thing reduces to the more tactical players over time. this is hte natural evolution of tac-sims online. We are early in GRAW2. we are still in phase 1 (the MOC phase ....)

Edited by Sleepdoc

There must be a lot of Mexican rebels playing this game, cos no true 'Ghost' would be moaning on about the M99 and how good it seems, if the simple solution is to use tactical team work to neutralize said threat. The secret is in the title, 'Ghost' & 'Recon' two elements that when played correctly, leads to the most intense game of team work ever, that is the true secret to winning in this game.

Players have to weigh up the objective, the map and their resources to make the best push forward to eliminate the threat, in GR1 it was nothing but the most intense tactical shooter of it's day and to all extents, still is. GRAW players of new and old hands have to adapt there game play for the better of the team, only then do you win, time and time again.

I've been killed a number of times by snipers (M99 etc) and the only reason they have the upper hand is because the rest of the opposing team don't change tact and close them down. If it wasn't the Sniper, it be the Grenade launchers, if it wasn't that it be the grenade spamming, the list is endless.

A real GR game has no respawns or very limited and voice comms, with that is place GRAW2 becomes a diffrent game. It's been fun arguing the counter side to pulling the firing pin from the M99, but that solves nothing, but creates other problems. Long live GRAW2 and all the skill and knowledge gained from 'The [Ghost Recon]'. ;)

Well done GRIN for making the game so charged and like 'SleepDoc' said it's only the start.

m99 Awareness week, An informative weeklong session

END OF DAY 1

Personally, I don't mind the m99 that much. If it really really needs nerfed, add a reload time and that's it. However, the noob tube really needs nerfed.. going 20-2 with a noob tube is too easy to attain.

To be honest I have a bigger problem with the "noob tube" as well.

Personally, I don't mind the m99 that much. If it really really needs nerfed, add a reload time and that's it. However, the noob tube really needs nerfed.. going 20-2 with a noob tube is too easy to attain.

I could only see a few changes you could do to the GL... like no running while equip, but I don't see that being sufficient enough.. but yes I want it changed.

Edited by nixer

I could only see a few changes you could do to the GL... like no running while equip, but I don't see that being sufficient enough.. but yes I want it changed.

How about a 40% chance it blows up in the users face?

Edited by EasyCo

How about a 40% chance it blows up in the users face?

*SNAP* *SNAP*

Lets try and keep this on topic shall we? This thread is about M99 Awareness week.

How about a 1% chance any rifle jams in action with the user having to remove the mag and spend 10 seconds with no ability of shooting while it's unjammed? The M99 has no clip so jams would have to be lower ;). Now that would be a great idea :devil:

All fine on the 'tactics 'and such ,but..what about ppl that DONT have the time to join a clan ( and use tactics ) but want to join a pub server and have some fun ?

Just been in a pub euro TDm server and yes...all M99 again.Not my kinda fun if you only have 1h time (give 'n' take ) a day to play. And i do mean TIME , not that my internetconnection breaks up or something.

My apologies.

About the M99, I don't have a huge problem with it, but I wouldn't mind some balancing for it either...

No problems. I didnt mean that to look as if it was directed specifically at you. But to all the people trying to sidetrack M99 Awareness Week.

From experience I would have to say that I personally am not fond of HOT's M99 awareness week. Why might you ask? Because about 5 of them were using the M99 exclusively in a server lastnight and it ruined my fun. LOL

HOT are skilled players, anybody that has played in a server with them and cannot admit this is a fool. Lastnight I had 4 members from GHOST on the same server and what would normally be a competitive round of GRAW2 between HOT and us (plus whomever else was on) turned into a complete massacre. Props to HOT, I would hate to go into that situation on the same map (Crashsite) in a clan match.

so what you people are trying to tell us "whiners" is, that if a weapon is unbalanced we have to get better to counter it ? :hmm:

Firstly ;) the weapon is unbalanced is an assumption, secondly all player have to learn to play any type of game and the more involved the greater the learning curve. When I first played GR1 I claimed there were cheaters, hackers and no way was that possible, but after weeks of playing and watching while dead via death cam it soon became clear how poor my game tactics were. I joined the 'predators' server and several weeks later I played to the same high caliber. The point is this is no run & gun 5 min wonder game, this game has a learning curve and to become good takes skills that are polished.

All fine on the 'tactics 'and such ,but..what about ppl that DONT have the time to join a clan ( and use tactics ) but want to join a pub server and have some fun ?

Just been in a pub euro TDm server and yes...all M99 again.Not my kinda fun if you only have 1h time (give 'n' take ) a day to play. And i do mean TIME , not that my internetconnection breaks up or something.

No one has to join a clan/ team/ group, but by doing so then the ture nature of GR becomes evident. If fun is all you want, then I say Call of duty, medal of honour, Quake, or any of the fun FPS games. If you only want to gun with out the tactics then GRAW is not that game. Public server can run how they want, for whatever audience but this game was never for those that just want fun.

If you visit public server only, what do you really expect? Coordinated team work? voice comms? tactical play? very rarely is that the thing on a FFA public server. Yahoo cowboy team work is not the core.

The real play is made when public & private servers are locked down (pwd) for team play, then the real GR kicks in.

Please inform me on what exactly "balance" you are looking for. Not trying to be offensive, just trying to find out. To me the "balance" to the m99 is that it's near impossible to shoot close range because you can't really see the target(meaning 10-50m) and it is only one shot with a 3sec reload time.

It seems balanced to me, and I wholeheartedly agree with those posters saying there should be a real hit model, like limping, bad aim, falling down when hit, ect, but I think the 1 shot-1 kill for the m99 is well balanced with it's disadvantages.

Please inform me on what exactly "balance" you are looking for. Not trying to be offensive, just trying to find out. To me the "balance" to the m99 is that it's near impossible to shoot close range because you can't really see the target(meaning 10-50m) and it is only one shot with a 3sec reload time.

It seems balanced to me, and I wholeheartedly agree with those posters saying there should be a real hit model, like limping, bad aim, falling down when hit, ect, but I think the 1 shot-1 kill for the m99 is well balanced with it's disadvantages.

There were several suggestions mentioned in the first post. Intruducing heavy weapon sway when not prone, increase the time it takes for you to bring the scope up to your eye, as well as limiting the ability to "Sprint" while the weapon is out.

There were several suggestions mentioned in the first post. Intruducing heavy weapon sway when not prone, increase the time it takes for you to bring the scope up to your eye, as well as limiting the ability to "Sprint" while the weapon is out.

Yeah I can see your point that there should be weapon sway when not in prone or crouched position, but I think not being able to sprint would knock it too much off balance. Whether it's in your hands or on your back, you're still carrying it. The weapon can't be completely non-effective.

EDIT: And in that case, why shouldn't there be a huge amount of weapon sway when you're carrying the SCAR-H a hundred meters in a dead sprint? There are lots of variables that I'm sure one could think of, but some just need to be looked at in the aspect of the game. If you were saying EITHER gun sway or not being able to run with it in your hands, but not together.

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

no one is professing world domination here... the players on our Graw2 team have not won much....

Not according to Jar. He told me specifically that you guys were world champions at GR. I asked when they were held because we were on two ladders where we held first place and (sigh) we weren't invited. ;)

Like I said, a bit of smack talk is fine w/me in servers. It's the behavior of 3 of your members tk'ing teammates which disturbs me most. Disturbs me mainly because it's hard to believe that someone that ignorant is able to function in society.

My most recent opinion is that maybe it is still too early to tell. As players get more comfortable with weapons/kit load-outs for every map, and more familiar with every map, the opinions may change. Personally I know I still am getting comfortable with it, especially with all the time logged in GRAW. THe gameplay stlye and feel are different enough to have to get completely comfortable again, throw in learning new maps, and I still feel it may be too early to pigeon hole any kit. I have not felt at all like it is completely unbalanced one way or another...let it sink in a bit more. BTW, I have been playing a lot of MP and I don't see this ridiculous amount of GL'ing and M99'ing that is being talked about.... I am also starting to really like to No Re-Spawn games and don't really think this whole issue really matters in a no respawn game.

Just my opinion. :ph34r: