m99 Awareness week

Cangaroo, you should not use the SCAR-H because it is just WAY too powerful. If you are using a gun that kills with less than 4 chest hits, then that gun should be banned because only noob pwnr bois use it:)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAskills...are you the same guy who was complaining so much the other night when your team was getting owned by assault rifles? If you're the same guy, (which you may not be so no offense if you aren't) but I shot you in the back so many times when you were't looking, and your movements were so predictable (if this was you). Please be easy on the "nub" comments:)

Yeah that was me. Is how I roll. Sorry if I offended your delicate emotions.

But in closing,I bet my "movement" (noise) was VERY predictable as compared to your "squatting/camping." (silence)

Seeing as to the fact that I can't hear someones fear who is hiding from me. But I'm working on it!

GGs

Edited by AA_sKILLsEw

Hmm lets keep this on topic guys and not make it personal or it may get locked.

As for nubs. All weapons, even a grenade takes a skill. The problem is the enemy may not have enough skill to avoid it, or approach from a not so well known angle. Are you sure it's not the non M99's like yourself that is a nub since you aren't using proper cover and trying to run them down?

The M99 belongs in the game just as in GR1 the M82 was there and in GRAW1 the M99 was there.

why didn't peeps complain in GRAW1? Because every weapon was extremly accurate even from the hip so they over powered it.

Now the assault guys are mad because it's more balanced to the m99 possibly having an advantage.

While I agree it should take longer to shoulder for those shotgunning with it, I do however don't think it's a nub (as quoted by some) gun nor should be removed.

LOL, you mean watch those servers FILL UP with people who DONT need a nub tool to get kills? You are wrong. And the only reason you or anyone uses that gun is because its the easiest to get a kill with. If they patch the 50cal into crappiness, all the nubes, like yourself, will find the next easiest thing to use. Either way, our server will be full. With or without it.

I do agree with body damage variance.

Jungle map???? The Cut mb?

P.S. Play the game for more than 5 minutes next time.

LOL, you discribe the cut as a jungle map? A park more like. Ive probably put more

hours into GRAW2 than you.

LOL, you mean watch those servers FILL UP with people who DONT need a nub tool to get kills? You are wrong. And the only reason you or anyone uses that gun is because its the easiest to get a kill with. If they patch the 50cal into crappiness, all the nubes, like yourself, will find the next easiest thing to use. Either way, our server will be full. With or without it.

LOL, you discribe the cut as a jungle map? A park more like. Ive probably put more

hours into GRAW2 than you.

Lets not make it personal like he said.

As for you having "probably" put more time in than me. I'm number 4 on the most active players list. Sooo Im thinking not. http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/47811/page1/#ladder

:D GGs

Hmm lets keep this on topic guys and not make it personal or it may get locked.

As for nubs. All weapons, even a grenade takes a skill. The problem is the enemy may not have enough skill to avoid it, or approach from a not so well known angle. Are you sure it's not the non M99's like yourself that is a nub since you aren't using proper cover and trying to run them down?

The M99 belongs in the game just as in GR1 the M82 was there and in GRAW1 the M99 was there.

why didn't peeps complain in GRAW1? Because every weapon was extremly accurate even from the hip so they over powered it.

Now the assault guys are mad because it's more balanced to the m99 possibly having an advantage.

While I agree it should take longer to shoulder for those shotgunning with it, I do however don't think it's a nub (as quoted by some) gun nor should be removed.

Well the last place I got it the worst was Lagoon. Trying to come around the right side with a guy on the hill. I was 99'd before I could even get a location on him. And I DID get in close, all the way up the hill and got "shotgunned" by the 99 from 5 to 10 ft.

Rabbit

im gonna say the same thing id say if i was in the server with you ...

quit bitchin and play it ... or leave

Yeah I've heard that a few times.

Thought we were trying to make this less personal so it didn't get locked??

Comments on "the topic" are all I will be answering from here.

See you soon Keifer.

Edited by AA_sKILLsEw

MorningJar, how do you explain the many times in GRAW1 where you hit someone with a sniper rifle, and even see blood, but no kill? How do you explain people being able to shoot you around a corner before they appear? I would think it has something to do with lag, or maybe your near perfect netcode.

This is GRAW2. Not GRAW1. GRAW2 is an optimized version of GRAW1. So that issue isnt even relevant anymore =\

im gonna say the same thing id say if i was in the server with you ...

quit bitchin and play it ... or leave

I couldnt of said it better dood, other than the adjustments ive said theres no need to remove or filter the guns.

TeamHOT server will be up in a matter of days. No m99. No GL. All Skill.

As for you having "probably" put more time in than me. I'm number 4 on the most active players list. Sooo Im thinking not. http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/47811/page1/#ladder

:D GGs

Oh and just a quick something regarding ladders, its no proof of how good you are or how much you have played. Quality and quantity are ring fenced amongst the selected few. Something like how AA does its loyalty scheme is something close to how much you can proove how long and how good you are.

the M99 isn't designed as an anti personnel sniper rifle. it is meant as an anti material weapon. against light armored vehicles etc. crack engine blocks amongst other things

And unfortunately it isn't used in this capacity. Honestly I see no reason to take an M14 or MSG90 over a M99. Sure, they may have 20 round mags and be semi automatic, but the M99 is way better overall. I use it once in a while (same with the GL) but I still prefer rifles like the M416 or SCAR Light. It's a shame coop is in shambles at the moment or I wouldn't even care how these weapons perform in TDM to be honest though.

If that's the case, I'll add it to my Favorites.

On any other server, it doesn't bother me getting mowed down by the m99 out of the spawn gate (too much). It just changes my play style and I usually end up getting an m99 to counter. Unfortuntely, that isn't the play style I like to play. I don't like to be the camping sniper.

As for the GL, yeah. I'll admit I use it for an easy kill. Especially if I die mutliple time to spawn campers OR some guy I know is around a corner that are taking out my 'mates.

Edited by Martinez

This thread is lost, along with all the high shooting, gun slinging, heros, "by the way, I'm No.1" wannabe's . Did any of the mentioned remember this is a team game, did you play GR1 and if you did, were you ever part of a team?

The servers that survive will be true hard core team playing servers with community, like GR1, there are many that remember them and we will keep out the gun slinging hero's. There are many servers for gun slinger's and whether they are full or not, should keep them happy.

The point at hand is the M99 is no more or less of a weapon than any other, it's the person that uses it that makes it what it is and the team they play with.

Sweet. I can't wait to play against the self proclaimed World Champs of GR.

And like Ruggbutt says, I guy I never saw eye to eye with, but he talks more sense that most. I can't wait to play against the self proclaimed World Champs of GR. ;)

maybe I'm just a player who wants a game he is really loving get a little more into his optinion of how it's ment to be played :P

btw.

i like:

1. m99 scope should take longer to get in scope.

EDIT: and while doing it, more off traget shooting

and i like:

2. Should be able to run while reloading. (Legs don't work while hands are moving?)

and i don't like this AAO style thing:

3. MORE of a stun shake while being shot. (not sure what its called)

a. Should be a lot harder to return fire while being shot.

*** there IS adrenaline ***

and i really like:

We must be playing a different game here. I can assure you that you do not have to lead your targets in any way, shape, or form. One of the strongest points of this game is its near perfect Netcode. The only thing a high ping does for you is delay the time it takes the server to register the hits between the players and the server. Thats it. You can put a bullet into someone that has 500ms ping at a dead run, and it the bullet will register a half-second later. So when you say you have difficulties shooting running targets, that leads me to believe that your not a good shot

and to all you snipers out there:

we aim for the head !

Oh how I like this game:

can I get a silencer on secondary demo 7 PLEASE :zorro::thumbsup:

Edited by xtraclip

Sweet. I can't wait to play against the self proclaimed World Champs of GR.

This sounds like a scrimmage is needed. Set it up. Team hot against BSR. If you want a neutral server with all weapons, let me know.

and now back to the M99 thread....

I think limiting weapons overall in servers including the M99 and GL's will lead to less players on your server.

God damn rabbits I say.

I havn'et played the GRAW 2 demo in a while...(MP) I saw the game at Wallllsmeart today....hmmm

I'm kinda waiting for the patches to flow...anyway.

When I playted the demo, there were lots of rabbits in the way of my bullets (M99). Apparently the effect of a .50 caliber round striking a human body is still the same as it was 2-3 years ago....(minus the gore in GRAW2 of course)

Anywayy, to make a long story short,(hold); the .50 cal is unnecessary and unfair for MP (play insurgency to get a decent feel of combat) (i.e., bounding from point to point, scanning for the enemy and engaging on sight)

There should be some limitation on who can access the M99. Maybe real rank stats? That would be sweet...but...ummm, no offense GRiN, I love your work, but I'm not waiting for you to get authorization from Ubi just to add some content.

(Only reason I have so much faith in you, is because of your origin. Musicians and artist!!!??? Spawn of Possession!!! Meshuggah!!!!)

Anyway, I'm drunk.

GRiN, (GRiM) if you are reading this,....getting away from Ubi's faggot assses.

Make real time stats involved with this game. Give the hackers and ###### a reason NOT to play, and give the skilled players a reason to join and raise hell.

Excuse my drunken belligerence btw...