BUG REPORT - Red Tags in campaign Coop

A series of related bugs exist with the red diamond tags being passed to all players in Campaign coop. The way this bug manifests depends on the arragement of people and AI (or not) in the mission. This is in part becuase of the combinations that are possible. (for example 2 humans and 2 AI, or 2 humans and 1 AI, or 3 humans, etc...)

I will explain the ones I have seen. I will bet dollars to dimes they are all related to one single flaw in the code. I hope this report helps GRiN find it and fix it.

1. With 2 humans - 1 AI - Tags generated by enemy in sight (i.e. not the drone) are not transmitted to all humans. It is not clear if the tag was initially seen by the AI, and was passed to the host but not the second human, but the second human never saw the tags. The Host human always saw the tags.

2. With 3 humans - No AI - In this game, all humans saw all tags that were generted by direct sight, but only the host human saw the tags generated by the drone positioning. the other humans never saw any of the tags generated by the drone.

As I see other combinations and permutations of this bug, I will add them to this top level report.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Can someone just please recognize that this bug report has been logged? I'm not looking for any gaurantees it will be fixed .... Just recognized....

Noted

Thanks Wolf. Thats all I wanted. To know that you guys know.

I'm in the QA business and I actually enjoy testing for my favorite companies and games with my free time. Its natural for me. I enjoy breaking down bugs to their component parts and I don't mind spending an hour or more of my time to get a bug report to this level. And the only thing i ask for in return is exactly what you did here. Note it. i get the part about "No promises". I have no expectations that it will prioritized as high as I would like it to be......... But to know that you printed it out and placed it in your database somehow is All I'm hoping for.

Edited by Sleepdoc

But to know that you printed it out and placed it in your database somehow is All I'm hoping for.

Or copied it into a TXT file on my desktop for now. :P

LOL. OK then. I'll just keep buggin you then until you confirm its presence in your engineer's bug data base .... LOL

but I apprecaite your honesty and I assume these things get to the database eventually .... right?

Edited by Sleepdoc