[Gamespot "Review"] No COOP SP Campaign?

I read in a review that the singleplayer campaign isn't available as COOP missions? Is this true? If so, then I would be very dissapointed and will probably not buy the game. GRAW 1 was cool because you and your friends could take part in the story together. There is absolutely no excuse in not having the campaign available as COOP missions.

I believe there is. Its called Campaign Co-op. And it allows you to play through the campaign with friends and AI rounding out the rest of the squad. Goto your MP interface and look at the server broswer. The campaign servers are listed as "Campaign Co-op". However if you are wanting 12 man coop on the SP campaign missions, it isn't possible currently.

It's entirely possible that the missions could be ported once the editor is released as some did with GRAW 1 single player missions and maps.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

I read in a review that the singleplayer campaign isn't available as COOP missions? Is this true? If so, then I would be very dissapointed and will probably not buy the game. GRAW 1 was cool because you and your friends could take part in the story together. There is absolutely no excuse in not having the campaign available as COOP missions.

That would be a false statement. You CAN play the SP campaign in Coop mode. Like FlimFlam stated, it's MP Campaign.

You must have read the "wonderful" Gamespot review <_< ... He got it wrong

There is a COOP version of SP Campaign it is called "Campaign coop" and can be played with you and up to 3 other human players, although it can only be hosted off a PC (not a Dedi) as the host takes Mitchell's role through the SP maps

the other version is MP Coop or ([GR] coop) is up to 12 players on a dedi... but only on 3 maps and no Cross-com or Satellite Tactical "live" map (it's a "paper" one but does show your live position marker) and no weapon selection just pick a pre-kited Class.

Edited by Pave Low

I believe there is. Its called MP Campaign. And it allows you to play through the campaign with friends and AI rounding out the rest of the squad.

Well do you know for sure if it is the same single player missions? I mean do you have the game yourself?

I believe there is. Its called MP Campaign. And it allows you to play through the campaign with friends and AI rounding out the rest of the squad.

Well do you know for sure if it is the same single player missions? I mean do you have the game yourself?

It's more or less the exact same missions. There are a few Coop or SP checks in the mission scripts needed as there are more then 1 human player, but that's it.

Look at the server broswer like I said. Notice the Map names? They are the same as SP. GRAW 1 had it and several players have already given feedback regarding it. search for "campaign".

You must have read the "wonderful" Gamespot review <_< ... He got it wrong

There is a COOP version of SP Campaign it is called "Campaign coop" and can be played with you and up to 3 other human players, although it can only be hosted off a PC (not a Dedi) as the host takes Mitchell's role through the SP maps

the other version is MP Coop or ([GR] coop) is up to 12 players on a dedi... but only on 3 maps and no Cross-com or Satellite Tactical "live" map (it's a "paper" one but does show your live position marker) and no weapon selection just pick a pre-kited Class.

Yeah, that's where I got that impression. Thanks. Don't suppose you know what happens to the Lone Wolf missions mentioned in the review in the COOP mode? Anyways, I think I'll go walk to my local EB games now.

However if you are wanting 12 man coop on the SP campaign missions, it isn't possible currently.

It's entirely possible that the missions could be ported once the editor is released as some did with GRAW 1 single player missions and maps.

Nah, that's exactly what I don't want. I want to be able to go through the single player campaign with 3 friends just like in GRAW 1. Thanks for the info and letting me know that there is a COOP campaign.

You can pick weapons in each class.

Click on the blue bars below the class picture. now you can select different weapons.

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1ue8.jpg

Enjoy

:blink: cool!, TX's have only had the game 3 days and hadn't discovered that yet :D

somebody needs to write a proper manual for all these things, instead of that 22 page "quick start guide" jokingly called a manual

now we just need to get more than 3 maps as standard and some "randomised" enemy AI placement and MP coop is in business :D

somebody needs to write a proper manual for all these things, instead of that 22 page "quick start guide" jokingly called a manual

Indeed. I reckon a huge percentage of the "problems" with GRAW2, especially with SP, are due to the poor manual. Hell, I learned more about how the AI behave and what tools are available to you, right here on this forum than I did from the manual (thanks Bo and other GRIN devs :) ). It can't be that hard to flesh out the manual, and give some advice on how to use all your command options, surely?

GR Ranger. I am a huge fan of Campaign COOP. It is my favprite aspect of the game, although I love many othermodes (like Regular coop, SP and TDM)

Did you play campaign coop in GRAW1? It was awesome. If you didn't, you should. If you did, then you need to read this post.....

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45211

Becuase although Campaign coop is still available, it has been greatly limited in comparison to how it worked in GRAW1.

You should also read this post linked below, as it seems campaign coop has a unique bug associated with its netowrk connectivity that does not seem to plague other games like regular coop or TDM etc. The short answer is use Hamachi to play that campaign coop until they fix it. Hamachi works fine. but at least if you read the next post linked below, you won't waste a bunch of time trying to get connected like I did. Campaign coop connectivity is bugged using gamespy ....

That post can be seen here ....

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45239

Edited by Sleepdoc

Gamespots GRAW2 Review

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/graw2/re...ag=tabs;reviews

The PC version feels like it's set in what appears to be the dullest and driest place on Earth.

The reviewer has obviously never been to El Paso....

[Merged with the other thread talking about the Gamespot "Review"]

Edited by Pave Low

Um yeah there aren't many things in the desert that has bright colors. On a side note they do have some geography mistakes that are pretty funny, though understandable. The dam in the story is for what they call Caballo Butte. Caballo is pronounced similar to Cavio and not as it's spelled. Also the lake is name Elephant Butte but after the dam there is a smaller reseviore called Caballo Reseviore for overflow. Not a big deal but it was just funny when I first heard them say it in the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/graw2/re...ag=tabs;reviews

The PC version feels like it's set in what appears to be the dullest and driest place on Earth.

The reviewer has obviously never been to El Paso....

LOL One of my team mates Elmo said Juarez /El Paso was almost exact with the exception of 2 things the battle damage and the lack of satellite dishes on the roofs of all the buildings ;)

Besides all other comments he missed that there was a Campaign Coop option in create server, and wrote that you can't play the SP missions in MP. :wall:

Yeah saw that one too, but I figured it was too obvious to mention ;). Apparently the reviewer played a whole 5 minutes of the game.

Besides all other comments he missed that there was a Campaign Coop option in create server, and wrote that you can't play the SP missions in MP. :wall:

Yeah saw that one too, but I figured it was too obvious to mention ;). Apparently the reviewer played a whole 5 minutes of the game.

You're right on that. He complained of the difficulty and that it was "dare I say-A Tactical shooter?" After singing a few pharses of praise for the Xbox 360 "run-n-gun". I really think that a lot of the reveiwers are not PC people and just want the "fast action" of a console game.

Well I guess Ubisofts marketing department forgot to send them a cheque for this particular title. Payola is so rampant in the games industry I haven't trusted a review in years. Old Man Murray was the only game reviewer ever worth reading anyways for any of you who remember them. Whenever a company like gamespot doesn't get a cheque to write a review they just hose the game so they can seem impartial. They'll cream over crappy games and hose a great one like this. It doesn't make any sense unless you look at it from the point of view that they are whores most of the time.

This game is awesome, MP has got a couple issues to get worked out, but its no worse than any other MP FPS game I have seen in a long time on that front. In a lot of ways its had a great launch. I would love to see people get away from the run and gun mindlessness and move towards more thoughtful, tactical shooters. Uneducated, ignorant and just plain assinine reviews like this do not help any. Console FPS guys shouldn't review PC FPS games anyways. Console FPS is a very different breed and is a genre in and of itself. Many mistakes in the review I could point out but I think that is one of the bigger ones.

Hey gamespot, how much will it cost me to sponsor a good review?

-forgot to mention i posted this at GS in their forums.

Edited by Bottobot

Reviews like this must really get on GRiNs nerves and I only hope don't have any damaging effect on sales. Reviewers only seem to judge games based on a small perception, I.e. if it's got guns in it, It must play like Halo 3, or if the game has tactics it must be like Company of Heroes.