[will GR:AW1 MP maps be imported?]

A possible port from GRAW1 maps to GRAW2 maps will probably come from the community, unless there are copyright issues regarding these official maps.

Yes, I believe there would be some copyright issues in porting GRAW1 maps to GRAW2 and vice versa. Though I would like to play Church, Avenues and Shanty Town in RvA (not sure if they are big enough though):). Future content maybe ;):ph34r: . Though I don't know how involved it would be unless it is merely opening the old maps into the new editor and make a few tweaks here and there. Probably more to it than that but one can hope.

Thanks SUI317, I'll give that a try :D

"Copyrite issues" - what are you guys talking about, GRIN can add the MP maps to GR:AW2 today if they wanted, they own the copyright.

I could understand if RedStorm had made GR:AW2 and I was sking the same question, but we're talking about GRIN who developed GR:AW and GR:AW2.

How about an effort from GRIN to port all of the Original Ghost Maps as a map pack? Perhaps with the original objectives. Oh man, I think I'm getting aroused at the mere though of it. I promise that if it ever comes out I'll buy up to 40 dollars for it.

Every time I load a map in GRAW 2 that I've never seen before and become mesmerized at how beautiful it looks I also become a bit saddened at the great maps that ORG sported and at the idea of what they would look like on GRAW 2's engine.

:(

porting is not possible - that has been stated by Wolf in the Modding Forums - built on a different system.

3dmax v tiles system

Don't miss quote me. I didn't say it was not possible. I said it would be really hard. Modders can do it if they want to spend day upon day upon days inside XML files to convert contents... And then rebuild the maps in the new editor.

I think it's easier to create new maps in 3DS Max (like modders have always done for GR1) and then populate them with props and stuff in the editor.

"Copyrite issues" - what are you guys talking about, GRIN can add the MP maps to GR:AW2 today if they wanted, they own the copyright.

I could understand if RedStorm had made GR:AW2 and I was sking the same question, but we're talking about GRIN who developed GR:AW and GR:AW2.

I was talking if a modder (non-ubi or non-GRIN) would port the contents of GRAW1. All contents of games are published under copyright. Therefore only the copyright holders (developer GRIN and publisher UBIsoft) are able to make such a thing happen. :thumbsup:

Salivate:

Stronghold, Red Square, Tank, Vilnius, Castle....would be sick.

Would also like to see Strongpoint, Church & Shantytown.

Yummie :drool:

Edited by Toniezz

Don't miss quote me. I didn't say it was not possible. I said it would be really hard. Modders can do it if they want to spend day upon day upon days inside XML files to convert contents... And then rebuild the maps in the new editor.

I think it's easier to create new maps in 3DS Max (like modders have always done for GR1) and then populate them with props and stuff in the editor.

like Grin_Wolfsong said, it is a waste of time, why any other modders don't comment, I don't know, but I'm telling you please forget GRAW1 and the GRAW1 maps. The end is nigh.

Just to help you all out, GRAW1 maps are based on tile scape, which is a landscape built on tiles, with a set resolution, remember the big background tiles, well if your not a modder you won't but you will remember the low resolution backgrounds. Well GRAW2 uses high resolution images so GRAW1 images will look out of place. Secondly I looked at the Statics and props (the things that go to make the base of the map). Graw2 uses in all of it's maps a base/ landscape made entirely from a large 3DMax render export and there is little evidence of tile type construction set. So trying to get shanty or any other GRAW1 map into GRAW2 means importing all the map elements or importing all of the map xml and replacing the missing parts with replacement parts. Either way, it's not a realistic task.

Learn 3DMax cos you will need it, or steal/ Use GRIN'S base landscapes from GRAW 2 to make your best variants but forget GRAW1 it only has elements for props left in GRAW2. You can import but it is up to grin how they setup the import support and the implementation of 3'rd party structures.

He does not only think, he knows :yes:

I was talking if a modder (non-ubi or non-GRIN) would port the contents of GRAW1. All contents of games are published under copyright. Therefore only the copyright holders (developer GRIN and publisher UBIsoft) are able to make such a thing happen. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected, apologies :|