Why is Campaign coop Crippled like this?

(1) I find the paper map in coop quite good, although the grid co-ords are a little small, maybe those images can be modded.

I assume you know that this topic is about Campaign Coop. Not regular coop. If you do, then I assume you are saying you would be fine to give the squad members the paper map? and not teh satellite map? If they fxied teh rest, I would be fine wiht that. But I don't want to speak for others.....

(2) Original GR has the ability to place markers on the command map that your team mates can see,

I persaonlyl would love such a feature. Of course, if the system worked as it used to in GRAW1, then I could simply put waypoints on the staellite/tacatical maps and my squadmates could see them as "move here" waypints. Just like GRAW1. An additional "marker', of course, would also be useful. Seen in tehir map or sinple in teh 3D world ...

Having said that, because setting markers is available in other parts of GRAW2, it does feel like an ommision not to have it for online campaign co-op, and as said, better to have that option for people that do really want to use it.

Amen. Period. I miss all those features dearly. and dont forget. its more than the order system. Its the cross comms 2.0 access as well ...

(1) I find the paper map in coop quite good, although the grid co-ords are a little small, maybe those images can be modded.

I assume you know that this topic is about Campaign Coop. Not regular coop. If you do, then I assume you are saying you would be fine to give the squad members the paper map? and not teh satellite map? If they fxied teh rest, I would be fine wiht that. But I don't want to speak for others.....

Yes, that's what I'm saying. :)

OK. Here is my take on this. I went into the game and looked. EVERY MEMBER of the squad has a pair of eye protectors that shows the HUD on thier glasses. The blue screen HUD. So if they have the electronic hud, then they should have access to the satellite map as well. It is a live feed to the HUD.

It made more sense in GRAW1.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Yeah these are my arguments:

1. Can't zoom in and out of the OVERVIEW screen to post waypoint. And yes I know you can zoom in and out of the tac map with the Q and E buttons. Don't need people yelling at me and telling me how to do that. Already dealt with enough r tards when complaining about it during the SP demo release.

2. My friend's the team leader and when him, the AI, and/or drone spot an enemy, the red diamonds didn't show up for me cause I'm one of the squadmates. It's like what's the point in the red diamonds if they don't show up?

3. Me not being able to bring up the tactical map. I'm the point man and I can see further in the tactical map so yeah bring it back for the squad members ASAP.

4. Not being able to look through teammates' Cross Coms.

5. Faster loading screens. Me and my friend are having problems with the menu screens. Mainly the server list screens. Our connection is good but yeah. I even lost connection from the server and TeamSpeak.

6. Now he's telling me it's just freezing at the loading screen for all the missions. He can't even load the mission to host the server. He waited a whole minute and it's not loading. Not sure if it's gamespy or what but yeah that's pretty ridiculous.

That about sums it up. Sounds like we all have the same complaints though so there's no reason GRIN shouldn't fix it in a patch. I doubt it will be fixed in the next one though cause they're probably just gonna be fixing bugs and whatnot.

Edited by mwgfghost

2. My friend's the team leader and when him, the AI, and/or drone spot an enemy, the red diamonds didn't show up for me cause I'm one of the squadmates. It's like what's the point in the red diamonds if they don't show up?

I'm glad you brought this one up again. I think it may have gotten lost in original post. My thinking is that this bug is somehow related to the possability that they blocked the cross comm/order code before release becuase they coudn't get it working in time, and this was a unexpected bug that resulted .....

But what do i know..... at this point I'm just spouting off plausible theories that are probably wrong ...

Edited by Sleepdoc

I would totally agree with everything posted by SleepDoc.

The cross comm system is completely FUBARRED in Coop Campaign, its a complete disgrace. The coop campaign is (as far as I was aware) supposed to be a 100% copy over from the SP game but playable with friends so why is this not the case??

I personally feel more than aggrieved over what is to me the failure of then main feature of the game. Without an effective coop mode ([GR] coop is a little too run & gun to sustain me) then GRAW2 might as well stay on the shelf..

Right now i could care less about any bugs. I just wish me and my friend could get a server started up. I'm not one for being the Team Leader so I never host and he can't host because his game freezes up at the loading screen for the maps. His computer specs are good, we both have the same patch, his drivers are all up to date. Only thing I could think of it's a bug in the programming system. Cause it's not just when he tries to create an online campaign coop server. He can't even get it to load in SP. And he deleted all of his demo files. And he doesn't have Vista he has XP. I think I'm gonna pass out...from all the gayness in the room.

ok, there's been alot of posting about GRAW2 shortcomings and what not. this has me begging to ask:

"Where does GRAW2 REALLY stand?" I'm getting this not so up front belief that the novelty of GRAW2 is wearing off.

in MP COOP campaign, why can't other people join my coop campaign server?

what is going to happen to GRAW2? cross-com. hmm I've never seen it in either edition of GRAW1/GRAW2. I would think that trying to go back into the gamecode and put it in. if it isn't in, then it wasn't meant to be..that's what I think. they had storyboards(Grin), game algorithms, game engine redesign, changed gameplay etc.

I think Grin has done a pretty good job. but we might've expected way too much. Meaning, that we wanted everything under the sun.

the only concession I can offer everyone is try to see GRAW2 in the best light possible.

I personally feel more than aggrieved over what is to me the failure of the main feature of the game. Without an effective coop mode ([GR] coop is a little too run & gun to sustain me) then GRAW2 might as well stay on the shelf..

Yup, same here. If campaign coop doesn't work, I'm unlikely to be playing much MP and GRAW 2 will be making room for something else once I've finished SP.

It's really goofy that they'd develop all these sexy futuristic bells and whistles for the SP campaign (it is called advanced warfare after all) and then withhold them from the campaign coop mode where people need to be able to communicate orders to each other with or without voice comms.

Frankly I'm surprised that Grin would let this kind of thing slip through without comment.

Edited by Bahger

This is my thread. And it is not a Anti-GriN or even Anti GRAW2 thread. Read my thoughts on GRiN throughout the forums if you are unsure of my opinion on them. I hold them in the highest regards.

And if you were talking to mwghost .... well then. I thought his post was fine except maybe for that last little bit. But he is just expressing his frustration with the abscence of this feature. Desrat and others too. for the record, my level of frustration is probably as high or higher than theirs on this issue. It is simply not my style ot express it in that way. I prefer the factual "here is the problem, can we please fix it" approach. (and i made that remark about me crying to add a little humor to the whole thing.

With or without campaign coop fixes in this ara, I love this game. But I still want it fixed. Campaign coop is my favorite part.

This Thread is about a wonderful feature set, that was present in GRAW1, and is absent here. It is my hope to get it prioritized back onto the patch list. Nothing more.

cross-com. hmm I've never seen it in either edition of GRAW1/GRAW2.

Huh? It was in GRAW1. Everything I wrote about in the original post was in GRAW1. except, ofcourse, for the functionality of ordering through someones cross comm v2.0. That is new to GRAW2. But seeing through a freinds cross comm was in GRAW1. So was the squad leaders order system and the ability for the entire team to see tags generated by any other player's view. So not sure what you meant by that bit.

BTW Papa. Did someone steal your Star? What was that all about? I like your new star anywayz....

Edited by Sleepdoc

Frankly I'm surprised that Grin would let this kind of thing slip through without comment.

Hi Bahger.

Just FYI. there was a small, vague comment. The comment was something along the lines that "the patch team has read the post about hte issue and is aware of it. "

Take that for what it's worth. It's certainly wide open for interpretation .....

I'm a glass is half full guy. Lets give GRiN a chance to wiegh the valueof making this stuff work ... I am still hoping they will take care of it during their support cycle.

Edited by Sleepdoc

oh i meant the cross com for MP in GRAW1/GRAW2. sorry for the bad clarification. :(

I've seen ALOT of what I don't like but some of the maps really impress me. The fort map is my vinegar :icon_redface: I can't stand it one bit. :angry: so i just leave the server. I hope i can find servers that don't use that map. but! if they had made that map in the love and light of the [GR] castle map...similar layout, then we would be kicking serious butt!

some have said here that they will shelve their copy. that's sad. we've had the demo and everyone was rockign the reviews of it.

Just a suggestion: we as a whole can't possibly, even get the game we want if we expect to have everything we want. I must say that we ALL gave suggestions here or there and I think since we didn't get what we wanted..the game is a partial or whole failure depending on how you see the glass.

I for one haven't been too impressed with the direction this franchise went. I think we have entered a proverbial "dark ages" of PC gaming. it will take independent developers to really win.

I am referring to the GR2 debacle

but I'll get back on topic by saying I'm going to have to just ignore the bad and try to see the good. :blink:

Edited by Papa6

I'm just really hoping GRIN can patch the diamond and tactical map issues for squad members and the zoom in the OVERVIEW(NOT the Tacatical Map) for the squad leader. BTW, me and my friend finally got his game figured out. He rebooted, uninstalled, and reinstalled but the one thing he didn't do was turn off his computer and turn it back on. Just made us roll our eyes but we just said whatever. And we put the issues aside and just annihilated Welcome to Juarez. I got Black Ops and we both got Man of Steel. Seriously, if he didn't get that figured out, I'd be using my game as a paper weight. I'm sure once GRIN finally gets some rest and recharges their batteries, they'll be able to take care of this. I think they're gonna be taking care of tech support problems in the first patch but later down the line, they should be able to take care of us COOP players. Me and my friend didn't get GRAW1 until patch 1.35 was released so we weren't aware of all the bugs and glitches with that. I just hope they have more than just 4 weeks of total support. I hope it's 4 weeks until their first patch cause the game's already been out about a week now. Anyways back on topic. I can deal with these issues for now. Just hope GRIN can patch em later cause I know there's gonna be quite a few disappointed COOP players if they don't patch em up.

Edited by mwgfghost

So tagging your enemies works in stupid deathmatch but not in COOP?? I get the feeling GRIN worked too much on the multiplayer adversial modes and did jack on COOP campaign. I think multiplayer for GRAW 2 should have only included a solid COOP campaign. There are a billion other games for deathmatches and GRAW doesn't need deathmatch modes! I mean what's the point of death matches for a game like this anyway?

Edited by GR_Ranger

I hope it's 4 weeks until their first patch cause the game's already been out about a week now.

Why do you hope this? What's magic about 4 weeks?

Ah sorry bout that man I meant I hope it's NOT 4 weeks. Forgot to edit it. Thanks for bringing that up. And I agree with you Ranger. I've never seen the point in having deathmatch modes in a game like this. But there are plenty of people who like that stuff and that think bots are boring even though they've been whooping my butt all throughout this game. And I really don't think GRIN paid much attention to us SP/COOP players this time around. It seems like they kept the same enemy AI and made the friendly AI a tad better. Other than that it feels like GRAW1 before they released patch 1.35. I feel somewhat responsible for it though because instead of telling them what was great about GRAW 1(1st Person insertions, being able to see the red diamonds spotted by TL, AI, and Drone, being able to see tacical map and wp's set by my friend) I just told them what I wanted such as the HK M416 and ACUs. And I really could've done without the M8 Carbine. I know the game's set in the near future and the XM8 is still a project but it's cancelled for the time-being except for an upcoming dust test. And the M8 in the game needs a better sound...like this:

Edited by mwgfghost

While most orders i give are Vocal, playing online TDM / RvS it would be GREAT to be able to give a specific spot coz sometimes you cant describe what it is that you want or see.

+1 for bringing this in... EVEN TO TDM / RvS modes, not just Co-op... PPPP PLEASE.

- RnegadeVyp3r.

While most orders i give are Vocal, playing online TDM / RvS it would be GREAT to be able to give a specific spot coz sometimes you cant describe what it is that you want or see.

+1 for bringing this in... EVEN TO TDM / RvS modes, not just Co-op... PPPP PLEASE.

- RnegadeVyp3r.

I always asked to have server side options where all games could allow fireteams to form, define a squad leader, and give them the order system and cross comm capability. I made posts to that effect during GRAW1.

Yes. It would be excellent. but you know what? All I really want is the system for Campaign coop. I can't imagine they would take the system to the next level, even though it would make for an amazing squad leaders coop and TvT game.