bp weapons pack v1.0

The m14 with a scope has a rail. You might be able to use that!

Problems I noticed

1. Acog has same magnification as the aimpoint (acogs are 4x, aimpoints are 1x)

2. mk23 suppressed has the same sound as unsuppressed

3. The mod changes the scar-l's sound. Dunno if it was intentional, but I liked the default.

4. Can't get into multiplayer with mod installed.

Suggestions

Would it be able to add reflections in the scope lens? As of now they are just greyish black and look quite bland

Edited by Zoot

Finally got the Mr-c to work with all of the attachment icons. Had to do some tricks, but it works.

Also started to put an Aimpoint on the M14. It's lined up for aiming, but needs a spacer/rail mount as you can see. I'll have to model something in. Of course, putting an Aimpoint on the M14 means I'll have to make another damn icon....grrr, kind of a tedious process lining it all up.

graw2_01_m14_500.jpg

there is no way im ever gonna use any other weapon now.. only the M-14 and the M-16/M-4 and SPR... nothing else will even come close anymore lol

Finally got the Mr-c to work with all of the attachment icons. Had to do some tricks, but it works.

Also started to put an Aimpoint on the M14. It's lined up for aiming, but needs a spacer/rail mount as you can see. I'll have to model something in. Of course, putting an Aimpoint on the M14 means I'll have to make another damn icon....grrr, kind of a tedious process lining it all up.

graw2_01_m14_500.jpg

That's tight. Can't wait! w00t

Edited by WP33

Would it be able to add reflections in the scope lens? As of now they are just greyish black and look quite bland

To be honest, it never really bothered me, so I didn't look into it much. But, I found the solution so I guess I'll go back and put this on the rest of my scopes. See next page for pics. Edited by Brettzies

After respawning at times, players have no weapons or the ability to choose a weapon, and eventually they crash out. This has only been demonstrated one time.

Just thought i would add to this. I don`t think that is to do with this mod. Have had it happen to others guys playing co-op with no modded content on several occasions.

Spawned with no kit, 10 - 20 seconds later crash out of game.

Nice work Brettzies

Tinker

:thumbsup:

It's been crashing on me when I try to join a friends campaign server.

I tried putting the mod folder in local and changing the .xml file as described in the instructions, and I tried putting the contents of the mod folder into the "english" folder and using the unmodified .xml file.

Error Message:

Crash in application version: 30292.2673

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: weapon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

any idea when its gonna be released Brettzies? im gettin a itchy trigger finger again lol

It's done. But I have the real game now, so I want to test a few things. Maybe see about any coop issues or mp things I can "fix" before releasing it. I hate doing little patches because I can't remember what I changed. Too many files, and don't want to release another one like hours after this one. But, probably later today. Maybe sooner if it looks like a lot of work for the MP side of things. Edited by Brettzies

One more thing that wasn't displayed in the bug list, Brett. During loadout, the default/core weapons icons are blurred for some reason.

I didn't know what you were talking about, but I see what happened. I saved out the icons with mipmaps so if your game was set to medium or lower textures, they would be blurred(at least some of them). I have since resaved them with no mip-maps, so even if your game is set to low textures they will still be sharp. Sorry bout that, I should have deleted that texture since it shouldn't even have been there in the v1.0 release.

Also, I got my sound back for the intro movie with the latest patch.

Edited by Brettzies

So, adding kits to the mp game modes, aside from the coop campaign, is pretty annoying. Not because it's hard to do, but becuase there are so many possible combos. I thought that was the whole point of kits? Being able to customize it the way you want from sidearm to attachments(without having to edit the code). Does someone want a glock with an M8 or an M4/GL/silencer with a Beretta and some grenades? What about an M14/Aimpoint and a Mk.23/silencer? How the f&$@ should I know? The Graw1 method was so simple and well, kind of perfect.

There are so many possible combos, I don't even know if it's worth it. This adds a whole new level of redundancy to game code I didn't think could get anymore redundant. I find this to be such a shame as GRAW seemed to be the first commercial game where you really weren't limited to one attachment. Now you're just limited in a whole different way...by my laziness! Yeah, you can edit the code yourself for your custom weapon, but no one should have to! It was already built in.

Anyway, I'll add a few kits, but I'm not going nuts. Throw out a few suggestions and I'll try to put those in as well. Not even sure this will work right because of the mod_id# thing.

With kits, I'd say stick with the basics. Weapon, optic, suppressor, sidearm, frags. With the snipers, weapon, optic, suppressor, secondary, optic, suppressor. I don't see a reason to go too crazy. :D Can't wait for that M14, though, mate. :devil: