bp weapons pack v1.0

v1.0 - released

mod_db_image_09_500.jpg

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.0 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.0 - Mod db Link

Introduction

This is a direct port of my GRAW mod to GRAW2. The current incarnation was done using the Single Player demo so I am not positive if it will work with the full version or what problems will occur. I assume there will be hiccups so I apologize if this mod doesn’t work smoothly for you. When I get the full version of the game I will be able to test it more thoroughly. I have included most of the documentation from the original GRAW mod and iterations as well.

Known Bugs and Issues

I’ve tried to debug this weapon mod as much as possible, but I’m sure there are things I missed. Some things I have noticed but have not come up with a solution for yet:

·sound is below audible levels for intro movie

·durring the loadout phase there will be no icons if you select one of the 4 weapons and attachments (have to add these later)

·Iron sights do not line up properly for aiming with rifles

·HUD icons do not show up properly when the weapon is selected

·some people have experienced corrupted save games/missions after uninstalling this mod

·occasional sound errors and cutoff

·the M16A4 has a full auto fire mode which I cannot figure out how to remove

·firing while reloading will result in an odd scar animation

·the ammo for Mk23 is actually 9mm to the game, but it does the damage of a .45, so 9mm magazines will be picked up

Edited by Brettzies

As far as the firemodes, there's three:

- Single shot only

- Single shot, burst, and full auto

- Single shot and full auto.

Those are hardcoded probably from GRAW so it's not a bug, it's just how it is. You can just call it a M16A3 or whatever, but such as it is, that's all you can do really.

I'll have to relook as far as "custom" ammo. It worked for my MRC68 project, and if I think it through (I just got it to work, and frankly don't remember how).

Be looking forward to adding it when I get GRAW2

As far as the firemodes, there's three:

- Single shot only

- Single shot, burst, and full auto

- Single shot and full auto.

GRAW2 is suppose to have 5. 5 being semi+burst. Not sure what 4 is. It doesn't work with the demo though, 5 still gives me a full auto option. Maybe on the full version it will work right.

Don't know if anyone's taken the time to use this in multi-player, but here's my bug report for co-op

The wrong optic shows up in most 3rd person views. The one difference, so far that we've seen, is with the Mk17 using the ACOG. It shows up correctly. All others show the CCO in place of the ACOG or Leupold.

Accompanying the last issue, an additional CCO appears buried in the handguards of the M4 and the M16. It's like it's aligning with the barrel and appearing there. This is a duplicate appearance of the CCO on the model.

With the SPR and the M4, both with suppressor, the third person view shows a CCO aligned perpendicular with the muzzle with some other miscellaneous crap hanging around it.

For other players, the M4 and the SPR sound unsuppressed. In first person, the suppressed Mk23 sounds unsuppressed as well.

At the weapons selection screen, both the CCO and the ACOG are available as options, to be loaded out simultaneously. Out of fear of crashing the game, no one chose this combination.

After respawning at times, players have no weapons or the ability to choose a weapon, and eventually they crash out. This has only been demonstrated one time.

In the deathcam mode, following fellow players, only the optic is visible, not the weapon.

Other than that, awesome effort. It's getting a good workout amongst me and my buddies! :thumbsup:

Edited by WP33

Thanks for the feeback WP33.

Hmmm. Sounds a lot like the problem that Graw1 had when mod_id#s(ie, attachments) went above 31. All sorts of strange things started happening in [GR] mode and standard MP, exactly what you are describing. The first Acog is #32, so I'm not surprised if that and anything above it causes problem. This is really sad news as there are only two available slots now, #30 and #31.

Right now, the only solution would be to get rid of what is already available to make room for my stuff, not something I am fond of doing. I don't like destructive mods.

Be nice if Grin could comment on this if it is indeed a limitation. The only suggestion I can make right now is to double check that everyone, especially the server has the mod installed correctly. If you are joining random servers, all bets are off.

In first person, the suppressed Mk23 sounds unsuppressed as well.

I think that just needs to be tweaked? Does it sound different at least from the unsuppressed? I know they were both about the same level, but I didn't get into sound much this time around.

Edited by Brettzies

I'll double check my install, but I'm relatively sure mine's correct, as are the other two guys testing with me. We play LAN over Hamachi, and are pretty good mates, so I know what they have and how they put it in. It's a pretty controlled environment. Be a damn shame if it is a game limitation. We had been talking about how big an oversight not having an ACOG in the game was on release, so we really like the mod. It's so close to being the first great mod for GRAW2. Good work! :D

P.S.: If you, or someone else, can put an ACOG or Aimpoint on the M14, you'd be an absolute hero. :hehe:

I think that just needs to be tweaked? Does it sound different at least from the unsuppressed? I know they were both about the same level, but I didn't get into sound much this time around.

It sounds like a full-on, unsuppressed pistol. Big bang. To other players it sounds like that as well. Sort of a variation on what's going on with the other weapons, where they sound suppressed to the person with the gun and unsuppressed to others, except everyone hears it unsuppressed.

Even the sound issues seem like they could be related to the mod_id#s. This is starting to look very unpromising. Not sure if they will fix this or even know about it or will even bother to verify it.

Edited by Brettzies

any plans to modify your sights so they fit on the M-14 or the Barrett? the ACOG would look cool on the M-14.. so would the Aimpoint... kinda make it a Blackhawk down weapon... was either Shugheart or Gordon that carried a M-14 with a Aimpoint

I can see about putting them on there. People seem to want that. I did a quick test with the default aimpoint over the weekend. Something didn't work right and I didn't have time to do my own. This release was really just about getting it ported over correctly. Something were easy to add like Acog for the M416 and Rx4, so I threw those in.

If you add a front grip to the M4/M16, there no recoil at all when you shoot without aiming.

Looks like the values are different for Stability in Graw2. I just changed it to match the new values of the other grips. If you want to edit them yourself, they should be .05 instead of 1.0 I'll put it out in the future icon patch.

Finally got the Mr-c to work with all of the attachment icons. Had to do some tricks, but it works.

Also started to put an Aimpoint on the M14. It's lined up for aiming, but needs a spacer/rail mount as you can see. I'll have to model something in. Of course, putting an Aimpoint on the M14 means I'll have to make another damn icon....grrr, kind of a tedious process lining it all up.

graw2_01_m14_500.jpg