Bugs, Annoyances, & Requests

First off, thanks GRIN. This game exceeds my expectations.

I've noticed some bugs in the 2 days I have played the 1.2 version.

BUGS:

1. Sometimes I cannot change my rate of fire after spawning. It will not let me change RoF until I die and respawn.

2. Often when firing in Semi-Auto, you can hear the first few shots, but if you fire too rapidly, there's no sound for some of the gun shots, you will just hear a distant echo sound. I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS Gamer with the latest drivers.

3. Gun fire is really hard to hear, it sounds muffled even at close range, and almost impossible to hear at a distance. I think the guns need to be louder? or reduce the dropoff of the noise. Sometimes I can't hear the gunshots period.

4. There does not seem to be any advantage in recoil reduction when getting a gun with a forward grip vs getting the same gun without it.

5. My Audigy 2 ZS does not appear under the Audio options menu, I just get "Generic Hardware/Software"

6. Everytime (It's happened at least 12 times) I launch a nade at someone's feet, and they shoot me at the same time, my nade explodes and I die, but they don't die? I have no problem trading off (killing/being killed simultaneously) when I am using bullets, but not when I am using nades and they are using bullets.

ANNOYANCES & REQUESTS:

1. Guns dissappear when getting close to things. The bad part is, if someone walks up behind you, and you turn around, your gun is put down until you step back from the bad guy. - Never mind

2. Pistol accuracy is horrible, they are not worth using. I tried shooting a tree while prone at close range aiming at the same spot each time, center of mass, I was shocked when I missed the tree completely. Pistols are easily accurate to within 8moa out to 25m, and I'm talkin factory pistols. The HK, the Glock, the Beretta. In this game, I'm getting 50moa accuracy? @ 25m. Please increase the pistol accuracy.

3. Weapon recoil is way too much, especially on semi-auto. The only good gun is the MRC, which is what everyone is using. If recoil isn't reduced, we're going to have the OICW/SA80 thing happening all over again. 2 guns will be all that's used - the MRC and M416.

4. Please add a bipod feature to Support weapons when prone, they should be very stable when put on a bipod while prone. Right now, there's no use carrying a support gun, the recoil makes them impossible to control.

5. Maybe add an option in the server to turn on enemy red dots on map when spotted in your LOS as in [GR]??

6. Decrease the number of times we have to shoot someone in vital areas to kill them. I have to shoot someone 3 times in the chest with the M14 (7.62x51mm) to kill them. A .30 caliber bullet, which is body-armor piercing. That doesn't make sense, it's also really hard to pull off 3 shots with a sniper rifle because once you hit someone, they are more than likely not going to stick their head out again, or they will shoot you. Hitting someone while moving with a SR is almost impossible, but having to shoot them 3 times to kill them?

7. Please make reticles light up blue when targetting friendlies. Also, please allow us the option to remove name tags on friendlies, I find it so annoying and also dangerous. My teamate could be on the other side of the rock, but his tag shows on this side of the rock, so that bad guy at the rock looks like my teamate from a distance - until he shoots me.

8. Add the ability to join a squad, as with [GR], we could be on A, B, or C. This helps us in matches determine who is with who.

9. Add our # or name to the MP map, so we can figure out who is who. We need someway to identify each other on map. I'd be happy with option #8.

10. Add a hit effect when we are shot, such as is with recoil. When I get shot, it doesn't affect my aim or do anything except lower my health meter. In [GR], I would say, "I'm hit" and I'd lose my aim. We could really use this feature in this game.

11. Please allow us to see the kill spam when we die, we can see chat, but not kill spam. I'd like to know if I killed someone right before I died.

12. Please add Ghillie suits for snipers in multiplayer.

If any of those things are feasible GRIN, I hope you'll consider patching them in or at least discussing them. Thanks for the great game GRIN. :thumbsup:

Edited by HighGround

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second everything he said. I think having one of the two....either decrease the amount of shots it takes to drop somebody, or decrease the recoil.

The hit effect is just a given. Have them fall down or something. That's just common sense.

We take notes, but that's not saying anything will change. Time will tell.

1. Guns dissappear when getting close to things. The bad part is, if someone walks up behind you, and you turn around, your gun is put down until you step back from the bad guy.

2. Pistol accuracy is so horrible, they are not worth having. Please increase the pistol accuracy.

1. This is because your weapon collide with the body of the other player. It's suppose to happen. You can not have a 1,5meter rifle pointed at someone when he's 0,5 meters in front of you. So it's actually defendant on each weapon length.

Usually you can pull out your sidearm in this situation though as it's held much closer to the body. That can actually be put to a tactical use in CQB. When using your sidarm in close spaces sneak up on your enemy so you get in his face, then he can't shoot you but you can shoot him.

2. Pistol accuracy is like it is with pistols. Over 15-25 meters anything besides sports pistols are not very easy to hit head sized targets with, and that's where you have to shoot to kill fast with your sidearm. I was in a pistol shooting club for 8 years which I can use as reference.

But you can get really lucky with them. I've dropped people in one head shoot at up to about 100 meters in GRAW2 on multiple occasions.

GRiN, never get rid of the gun being lowered when too close to an object! that was one of the great things of GRAW that set the game apart from the rest. It's not possible to stand hugging a wall and hold a rifle in real life so it deserves to be left in the this game.

The weapon dropping when too close to an object is a good and realistic thing. In GRAW1 there were no peek glitches like in [GR] because if you were too close your weapon dropped.

on points 1 to 3 under ANNOYANCES & REQUESTS:

learn to use single shots at distance and semi up close like the rest of the GRAW2 players have.

The rest of your points have some merit.

I have to agree on point 4, 6, 7, 8 and 10.

The support weapon is completely useless imo. I've laid flat on the ground shooting at someone 20 ft away but he managed to kill me anyway. I'm surprised he even saw me.

I think GRIN made a pretty good job on the number of hits thingy. In real life you can take like dozens of bullets in your legs because they have no vital organs. You wouldn't be able to walk away of course but still... In some tactical shooters you can get killed by two shots in the leg, which is not very realistic IMO. However, it would probably be better and more realistic if GRIN decreased the number of times you have to shoot someone just a little bit. Right now it's leaning a bit to the unrealistic side.

You could join squads in GRAW1 so I'm surprised that you can't do that in GRAW2.

Hit effect. I'm very disappointed that this was not implemented after all the requests since the release of GRAW1. No hit effect makes the support weapon even more useless as there is no effect whatsoever when you're hit, like tilting camera. The worst thing that could happen is that I lose two straws in my healthbar.

Wolfsong, I'm sometimes not hearing my or other peoples weapons sounds. one time a fella was firing the hell out of a MG21e and it was silent.

-Also-

my soundcard, Audigy 4 isn't listed in the audio section under options, just generic hardware and generic software :)

Hi GRIN, loving GRAW2 so far :D

I noticed the sound bug yesterday playing multiplayer, sound is always fine to start, but my sound went after picking up a RPG and then picking up someone elses G36K (I couldn't hear the G36K)

X-Fi Fatal1ty is my card, onboard is BIOS disabled.

I'll look out for the exact situation in future ;)

Edited by DAZZA

About #2 Pistol Accuracy

I tried laying prone at 10m, shooting at a tree with the MK45, I hit it 7 times out of 10. This is a medium sized tree.

That's not realistic, At 10m, you give me any pistol, I will hit it 10 out of 10 times.

I was less than 5m from someone, I carefully aimed at their head with my pistol, and missed!

And like Papa6 said, my Audigy 2 ZS is not showing up under the options menu either, I just get generic hardware/software.

Edited by HighGround

So far I've been almost enjoying this game. Most my problems are sounds. In any map if someone uses fixed MP's and fires, thats all I can hear. Even if MP is 300m away it sounds like Im in front of barrel and I need to throw away my headset for a while. Card is that X-fi Fatality with X-ram.

Other thing is, I'd like to see deathmessages after Im dead. Like said in opening msg, friendly names should be removed, or atleast make an option for it for better servers.

I like RvsA mode very much but there sure is mayby biggest issue of game. I dont wanna use scoped rifles cause they block my view. It would be best to play in 1st. class whole time but I cant. So let me sort out my own kits. In TDM mode I can use that what ever GL-wpn and it works fine.

I like RvsA mode very much but there sure is mayby biggest issue of game. I dont wanna use scoped rifles cause they block my view. It would be best to play in 1st. class whole time but I cant.

You can use first level kits all the time. You click the bottom class icon on the left side during kit selection and you get the kits for that level. No one is forcing you to upgrade your arsenal, we're just suggesting. ;)

I like RvsA mode very much but there sure is mayby biggest issue of game. I dont wanna use scoped rifles cause they block my view. It would be best to play in 1st. class whole time but I cant.

You can use first level kits all the time. You click the bottom class icon on the left side during kit selection and you get the kits for that level. No one is forcing you to upgrade your arsenal, we're just suggesting. ;)

This way I'll miss that luvly GL. BTW add some nades, in GR we had 12 or 18, cant remember, and here only 2? Oh, and did they cancel MM1 or why is it removed from sequels?

This way I'll miss that luvly GL. BTW add some nades, in GR we had 12 or 18, cant remember, and here only 2? Oh, and did they cancel MM1 or why is it removed from sequels?

There is a reason why there is only 2 nades. If you played the beta you'll know what I mean.

1. Guns dissappear when getting close to things. The bad part is, if someone walks up behind you, and you turn around, your gun is put down until you step back from the bad guy.

One of the best features of the game. IRL if you're that close to a corner you can't shoulder your rifle. And if the enemy is walking up behind you, you aren't clearing your six or paying attention to your surroundings. User error.

2. Pistol accuracy is horrible, they are not worth using. I tried shooting a tree while prone at close range aiming at the same spot each time, center of mass, I was shocked when I missed the tree completely. Pistols are easily accurate to within 8moa out to 25m, and I'm talkin factory pistols. The HK, the Glock, the Beretta. In this [game, I'm getting 50moa accuracy? @ 25m. Please increase the pistol accuracy.

I see plenty of people getting kills with the pistols. They're harder to use just like the difference between using a rifle and pistol really is. I shot semi pro in combat matches for many years and I found that the pistol was the one I had to practice 4x the amount of time with compared to AR or shotgun.

3. Weapon recoil is way too much, especially on semi-auto. The only good gun is the MRC, which is what everyone is using. If recoil isn't reduced, we're going to have the OICW/SA80 thing happening all over again. 2 guns will be all that's used - the MRC and M416.

Recoil is fine, along the lines of what I see with my real rifles. If you head shoot someone with any gun, he'll go down. If you're gonna fight thru the body armor then the MRC is a really bad choice. Even when strafing I shoot high cuz the head shot always stops the fight.

4. Please add a bipod feature to Support weapons when prone, they should be very stable when put on a bipod while prone. Right now, there's no use carrying a support gun, the recoil makes them impossible to control.

I agree with this one. Although I get tons of kills with a support gun ###### rushing in the unlimited spawn servers. They aren't impossible to control, just difficult. Practice is what's necessary here.

6. Decrease the number of times we have to shoot someone in vital areas to kill them. I have to shoot someone 3 times in the chest with the M14 (7.62x51mm) to kill them. A .30 caliber bullet, which is body-armor piercing. That doesn't make sense, it's also really hard to pull off 3 shots with a sniper rifle because once you hit someone, they are more than likely not going to stick their head out again, or they will shoot you. Hitting someone while moving with a SR is almost impossible, but having to shoot them 3 times to kill them?

First off, if you're sniping why are you shooting for the chest? The interceptor armor that our troops are using consistently stops 7.62x54R rounds, like those in a Dragunov. That's equivalent to a 30.06. GRIN got the body armor right. If you can't take someone down with an M14 then you need practice, cuz I'm consistently taking people down with any of the weapons I use. I've found that when I aim lower and try to punch thru the armor that I often take damage. Learn to head shoot.

7. Please make reticles light up blue when targetting friendlies. Also, please allow us the option to remove name tags on friendlies, I find it so annoying and also dangerous. My teamate could be on the other side of the rock, but his tag shows on this side of the rock, so that bad guy at the rock looks like my teamate from a distance - until he shoots me.

[GR] style IFF is what you're discussing and I'm all for it.

8. Add the ability to join a squad, as with [GR], we could be on A, B, or C. This helps us in matches determine who is with who.

Agree wholeheartedly.

9. Add our # or name to the MP map, so we can figure out who is who. We need someway to identify each other on map. I'd be happy with option #8.

Good idea.

10. Add a hit effect when we are shot, such as is with recoil. When I get shot, it doesn't affect my aim or do anything except lower my health meter. In [GR], I would say, "I'm hit" and I'd lose my aim. We could really use this feature in this game.

It stops you from firing your gun for that split second. I like the feature they've implemented that does this.

Maybe add Ghillie suits for snipers in multiplayer?? :yes: Other than that, thanks for the game GRIN. :thumbsup:

The Ghosts aren't the kind of specialized unit that would employ a dedicated sniper. They'd use the new class called Marksman.

GRIN did a great job with MP this time around. I'd hate to see them n00b it up with stuff like sensors and other options that increase the n00b factor and camping. Let those that camp do so on the same level of difficulty as the rest of the people playing.

Edited by ruggbutt

The fact is, when playing multiplayer, you're not really a "Ghost" with a specialized cross-com and wizz bang stuff. You should have a choice of what type of uniform you want to be. In [GR] the "Ghosts" had a sniper with a ghillie suit, and a Demo guy who looked fat because he was loaded down. Why are there clones running all over the place. IMO it takes some personality out of the game.

I have a few complaints but I think they were brought up in another post.

1. Extracting too early. In Mission 7 where you have to extract Rosen, I brought two ghosts with me and also had Rosen. This was in Campaign COOP LAN of course but still I think if you have 4 people(including you and Rosen) they should all get on. Well me and the Ghosts got on but the chopper left before Rosen could hop on. I kinda wish it would be an automatic thing like once he was close to the chopper he got on but I dunno

2. The Cross Com picture was blank when they said "It's good to have you back Rosen. That's a small thing but still.

I know there's a post about the chopper lifting off too early but I just thought this belonged here.

Isn't the thin red circle that lights up around the reticle used in MP? It is in SP when you aim at friendlies.

bug (?)

Grenades when they explode under water (lagoon) make no sound, which is understandable but there should be some water sound effect to go with the splash... kind of like rain dropping all over

Annoyance

Friendly's names being shown 100% of the time on the screen A diamond would suffice and when I move my ret over the diamond, if the person is within view I'd expect their name to appear, but if they are hiding behind a rock, their name should be invisible and only the diamond visible

Good work on the MP aspect, just a few things need Ironed out to have it perfect.

Rugg,

I shoot pistol, both rimfire and centerfire, in competition. The GRAW2 pistol accuracy is in no way realistic. If these guys are Special Forces, then they know how to shoot a pistol. The Beretta, Glock, and HK are all capable of < 8moa accuracy @ 25m. To be kneeling or prone, and completely miss a tree as wide as a man at 10m? That's bad.

To answer your questions about sniping, you try shooting a moving target in the head in this game, it's not easy, maybe it's just the fact that I've only played 2 days, I don't know, but if I only have a second, I will shoot at the biggest target - the center of mass. By the way, 7.62x51mm FMJ will easily penetrate up to level IIIa body armor. For me to have to shoot 3 times in the chest to kill someone at 10m with a .30 caliber round, the Ghosts must be wearing lvl III or IV armor. But in that case, 5.56mm ammo shouldn't be penetrating very well, if at all. It takes me 3 shots with the M416/SCAR L (both 5.56) and 3 shots with the M14/SCAR H (both 7.62) to kill with a chest shot at 10m. So what kinda armor are the Ghosts wearing?

Lastly, Ghillie suits have nothing to do with noobs or camping. I am entitled to enjoy playing the game my way just as you are entitled to playing the game your way. I enjoy hunting, sitting and waiting. Ghillie suits make it harder for my prey to see me. Ghillie suits are also worn by military snipers, are they noob campers?

Isn't the thin red circle that lights up around the reticle used in MP? It is in SP when you aim at friendlies.

No sir, it has never lit up for me in MP.

Edited by HighGround