Bugs, Annoyances, & Requests

This has to do with the way the server is configured. If the server is not configured to start the round "when all players are ready", then the server can start (when the start conditions are might, e.g. one player per side is ready) and the remaining players do not enter the round until they select their kit. So, it's not a bug. It's just the way the server is configured.

that the way this should work, but it isnt. Even with "when all players r ready" selected u c diferences fo 5 or more seconds between players spawn.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP-Search and Destroy (v1.03):

ANM8 grenades used anytime during a previous quicksave or checkpoint will be triggered and pop smoke even if you replay from a later quick/check point. Bug.

In missions where the Cypher is scripted in the Ghost AI will refuse any order (Cross-Com/FSCC/Tac Map) to attack any vehicle that has not been "tagged" by the UAV. Bug.

It's you. I've seen some guys with the pistol who are darn good at it. Practice.

I've seen one- m9whore. DAMNED fine shot with his insta-kill M9 pistol in GRAW. I wonder where he is...

Seriously, I think that realism and the over-quoted NORG would dictate that the pistols be more accurate, but then would also say the same for the rifles and whatnot as well. Gameplay has clearly stepped in and derailed the realism train here, if just a little. I think the accuracy for most weapons could use a little tweaking, but nothing major. Make the weapons TOO accurate, and everyone will think everyone else is cheating...

And we can't have that... (except in SP, where I'll take all the accuracy I can get)

• 3 months later...

Just bought this game and Im playing Harcore SP. In mission 5 or 6 there is enemy helicopter dropping some men on ground. When I order team to attack helicopter->menu changes so that ATTACK becomes USE option. And reticule is jumpping a bit so its hard to roll mouse up and down to get that attack selectd. In map mode I can easy set chopper as target, but cant fire my gun on same time, you know =)

Fix this. Thank you.

Napalm

Might be a system-specific issue, as I've not had this problem. I had no problem at all ordering my teammates through MOUSEWHEEL menu to attack that helicopter, and it usually worked flawlessly.

It's an animated helicopter that can't be shoot down, in other words a prop and not a real vehicle. Some story required vehicles are like that.

Might be a system-specific issue, as I've not had this problem. I had no problem at all ordering my teammates through MOUSEWHEEL menu to attack that helicopter, and it usually worked flawlessly.

It's an animated helicopter that can't be shoot down, in other words a prop and not a real vehicle. Some story required vehicles are like that.

It was in misson 4. And point was that I selcted team and then select attack. After that I put reticule on chopper and now USE command is now selected, not attack what I did PRE-select. So I need to use mousewheel to select attack again.

So in hurry its hard, but if you take some time to aim that floting chopper it work fine.

(edited)

OK. I reload sevegame and it was after autosave2, when copper come and drop men on street. I did selecet all ghost and selecet attack-> chopper comes and I point to chopper, when reticule hits red "diamond" it changes and attack command is now use command->now reticule is not on diamond and use command has changed to move command. Now if I move mouse over enemy dimond on/off I only have use or move command in selected. So I need to roll mousewhell to get attack command. Hope you see it now ;)

(edit end)

Edited by Fin_Napalm

Help me understand something here- is this the mission where you have to bail out the loyalist Colonel? You have to work your way down some city streets to find him and his troopies engaged with some badguys, then fight them off and proceed elsewhere? There's a train station at the end of the mission with a parking lot you have to go through with some baddies, and at the end of it you get in a truck with some loyalists and all? THAT mission?

Cuz if it IS that mission, I shot that helicopter down. Nearly every one of the dozen and a half times I played it. Just like the one at the other side of the bridge in Mission #1 (worked in the demo too) right after you kill the two SP howitzers.

But it's been my understanding that if it's got a red diamond on it, it's fair game. Never failed me...

A REALLY big issue with GRAW/GRAW2 has been the shots. the insta-kill ala' lazer bullets and there is NO bullet drop. bullet drop was a large part of a certain(unnamed) 2001 game and made it really interesting.

Also this certain yet unnamed game also had reticule twips that open/close after a shot or burst AND the bullets spread the longer the burst. that's why I believe I and some of the people believe that this "advanced warfighter" stuff over shadowed trying to bring at the basic realism of bullet spread.

when you concentrate too much on this advanced warfighter stuff and trying to make everything look.."Cool" for the kids, you ALWAYS miss the basics. GRIN and UBI got too wound up with the cross-com, and the storyline that they forgot to incorporate the basics of what would make the game a little more real.

Cuz if it IS that mission, I shot that helicopter down.

Hmmm... Maybe that one is real then. USE should only show up if it's a prop that can be used or a friendly vehicle.

This is what I was telling. It´s enemy helicopter that can shot down with ZERO missile. If Im Team Leader I don´t give order to USE that helicopter. I like see that bird on fire and crach down to street.

Suddenly, I really need a Babel Fish.

Do you mean that you can shoot it down yourself but cannot order your team to shoot it down?

I can shoot it down and I can order team to shoot it down 2. Helicopter have red diamond and I can order team to USE it allso. Team will response "no can do, captain" if I try to use it. This have been only mission wher I seen this problem, so only mission 4. I can shoot it down easy, but if I need save my ZERO for later use and order team to shoot down this helicopter we have a bit problems.

Edited by Fin_Napalm

ZERO?

Z Expression of Refinable Objects?

Zoning and Emotional Range Omitted?

NOLLA?

(the first two are real acronyms; the last one is 'zero' translated into Finnish to determine clarification of the word/acronym 'ZERO' used here, to ensure we're on the same wavelength)

Edited by WytchDokta

GR didn't have bullet drop.

well ok, no bullet drop but bullet spread yes. GRAW2 allows for too many bullets to hit in a close area. I remember shooting a new M16a2 that it took a few seconds to re-aim my weapon even during qualification. and my bullets never hit that close so many factors to prevent that from happening

Which can also be adjusted in GRAW 2 with a few numerical changes to weapons files Papa.

REQUESTS:

Remove zoom with red dots, iron sights, and the EOTech. Only the sniper rifles should have any sort of zoom.

Civilian AI on coop and SP maps would be awesome.

Option to remove ALL team indicators server side (or, even better, give it the options [GR] had with no indicator, reticule indicator, always indicator).

Server side option to remove hit reticule.

Weapon sway that varies depending on your stance.

Longer view distance, or at least adjustable distance.

Sights for using the GL (so firing from the hip is just like firing bullets - it could go damn near anywhere).

AI that isn't superhuman when it comes to shooting but isn't so dumb as to let a crouched or prone individual crawl up to them with a flashlight on their rifle.

AI that isn't superhuman when it comes to shooting but isn't so dumb as to let a crouched or prone individual crawl up to them with a flashlight on their rifle.

I really liked the way [GR] handled all of that, every mission you went on you got points you could put on several areas. As a newbe you could never sneak up on anyone, and your weapons sway was horrible. But the more missions you did the better you got at sneaking and peaking, as well as a few other things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one's probably listed already but what the hell...posture change (upright from crouch) upon load from quicksave*.dsl.

The range-finding function of the M32s reticle.diesel is in/op. (Or are the Mtr graphics just embellishment?)

^Bugs?

EDIT: Requests...complete the work necessary to include the M240 ingame, and how about a correct charging handle animation for the HK416.

Edited by NoQuarter

REQUESTS:

Remove zoom with red dots, iron sights, and the EOTech. Only the sniper rifles should have any sort of zoom.

I know that everybody goes back and forth on this one continuously, but I do know that when I'm looking down the sights, my useful field of view drops considerably and I think zoom is one of the few ways to do that that doesn't seem gimmicky. Maybe radial blur (Halo style) around the sights when you use them would work instead, but our eyes remain much higher resolution than our screens are capable of, so we get a much greater precision handicap on account of that. Its not difficult to hit something about the size of person from 100 yards with open sights in the real world. Its nearly impossible in a video game without any sort of zoom functionality.

Its a common design choice, and one I understand. COD did it, BIA did it, Battlefield 2 did it, after its absence in Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six did it. The only one that didn't (and then only with pistols) was [GR].