Bugs, Annoyances, & Requests

i just noticed a very weird bug...i was playing recon in force on hardcore, with no teammates, and after i cleared the first check point near the crane (on the hill) i noticed that every other enemy was already killed, and all targets were tagged. its like some 'ghost' killed them before i did ::pun intended::

this has occurred twice already, but on different days so i do not know how to reproduce it. the first time, i was on the same map and i could hear silenced gunshots, only to find my enemies dropping to the ground

Edited by sb85

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, i have the videos :P

the first clip is right after i load the game, and you notice all the diamonds popup towards the end, and then slowly fade out..

in the next clip, i run into only 1 guy left on the ladders who shoots at me, but when i zoom and check all the other locations, everyone is already dead lol.

video is choppy because i was running it windowed in vista, but the bug occurs regardless of screen options. fraps wont let me take continuous videos but i tried to get it as close as i can. its not fake, its just a hilarious bug...imagine completing a level on hardcore without having to kill everyone lol

PS: the avi files are 36/54 mb! anyone know how to reduce size or convert to wmv and make it smaller?

alright, i have the videos :P

the first clip is right after i load the game, and you notice all the diamonds popup towards the end, and then slowly fade out..

in the next clip, i run into only 1 guy left on the ladders who shoots at me, but when i zoom and check all the other locations, everyone is already dead lol.

video is choppy because i was running it windowed in vista, but the bug occurs regardless of screen options. fraps wont let me take continuous videos but i tried to get it as close as i can. its not fake, its just a hilarious bug...imagine completing a level on hardcore without having to kill everyone lol

PS: the avi files are 36/54 mb! anyone know how to reduce size or convert to wmv and make it smaller?

I had something similar on the same mission... I was sniping from the top of the cliff with the m14... zoomed in on one guy patrolling and watched him get downed by a couple of rounds... ######? Looked at my map, and all my ghosts were way behind me guarding my rear, and the friendly forces were no way anywhere near the guy who got killed. It was reet freaky :P

i had to download it twice.. first one was corrupt or not working the way it should cause it only showed the first frame. (any ghost tranfers ??)

the second download did work and it is looking weird...

can we have some ghostbusters on the case ??

i hope this can be explained....

• 2 weeks later...

Get Me Rosen (SP)

Demo has been placed and Rosen has been recovered and is safely tucked away w/Ghost AI, without the alert being raised.

I want to "up" the score so I walk up to one of the alarm switches and activate it...the klaxons sound but the response team never comes down the road to pick a fight with.

Annoyance.

Edited by NoQuarter

So here is what I would like to see:

• Xfire needs an update so you can join by friend

• There needs to be a program or option to join by IP

• We need more maps. It is hear say but I heard that there were several maps for GRAW 2 already made but not release yet?

• We need an update to the AC or something added

• I don't have a server up yet but as soon as I do a server tools would be nice

• I have noticed a lagging issue in game. My ping will be 50-60 and my fps 80-100 and I still notice times of lag. I shoot at someone and get cover before they shoot back and I die around the time I am physically behind cover.

• It seems like the manual for the game isn't complete. I would love to see a weapons stat page something like that of Raven Shield. Also when you are playing TDM you have a number beside of your name while playing and it constantly changes. Does anyone know what this is? It is actually a number is white that is in the box right below your name.

• Also while playing last night I got an error at least 4x "Client Out Of Sync" with a retry button that the bottom.

I want this game to be a favorite for many years to come. Hopefully we will see some great patches and addons soon.

• 2 weeks later...

It was possible in :AW from either the Blackhawk or Stryker, but in :AW2 you can't re-equip or top up the ammunition loadouts of the Ghost AI via the MULE, which makes it less than the asset that it could be, when scripted.

It would be nice if Grin could add a few lines of code to enable this feature with the Cross-Com "Use" command.

Annoyance.

I would like to have this in GRAW:

• We need to be able to configure the server while in game. Its absurde the way it is now. Take a look to [GR] n see how easy it is to configure a clan match while in game

• We need really n working server tools. Just try to do a clan match n look how hard it is: choose maps, map time, rounds times, etc.

• We need to be able to restrict kits n guns, like GLs

• Balance teams its necessary for public matchs

• We need more maps. It is hear say but I heard that there were several maps for GRAW 2 already made but not release yet?

• We need an update to the AC or something added like Punkbuster. We need to identify the cheaters n share that list with all server admins

• We need a solution for the chat bug

• Why dead players cant see kill status like it was possible in [GR] n GRAW?

• We need the fix to the critical errors. Sometimes i have 3 or more in a few minutes!

• We need REPLAYS

• We need REPLAYS

• We need REPLAYS

Just take a look to the old [GR] n see how easy it is to configure n change configurations while in game.

Last n8 i spend more then 30 minutes just to configure the server to a clan match!!!

Edited by WD[13th]B071LD3

B071LD3' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:28 AM' post='490189']

I would like to have this in GRAW:

• We need to be able to configure the server while in game. Its absurde the way it is now. Take a look to [GR] n see how easy it is to configure a clan match while in game

• We need really n working server tools. Just try to do a clan match n look how hard it is: choose maps, map time, rounds times, etc.

• We need to be able to restrict kits n guns, like GLs

• Balance teams its necessary for public matchs

• We need an update to the AC or something added like Punkbuster. We need to identify the cheaters n share that list with all server admins

• We need a solution for the chat bug

• Why dead players cant see kill status like it was possible in [GR] n GRAW?

• We need the fix to the critical errors. Sometimes i have 3 or more in a few minutes!

• We need REPLAYS

• We need REPLAYS

• We need REPLAYS

Just take a look to the old [GR] n see how easy it is to configure n change configurations while in game.

Last n8 i spend more then 30 minutes just to configure the server to a clan match!!!

QFT!!!!

An annoyance that remains post-patch Monday is for SP players that quick-save... when I save it does not record my stance. I'll be flat on the ground and I'll quick-save, but when I reload it puts me back into the world in a full upright position. Not good when you're a sniper trying to pick off a turret and suddenly you're full upright when the game restarts.

Critical? No. Annoying? Very. Has it really ###### me off at times? Oh yeah...

-John K.

Callsign threepoint

MP map nowhere. the map is basically a letter L. the road that goes up to the one spawn has the buildings on the corner of the road by the cliff? if you are coming down from the big billboard signs and stop at the corner of the rocks, I've seen people cheat by using a bug on the cliff to climb it. it allows them to look down into the spawn below. it's hard to explain the spot but it's at the elbow of the road across from the junkyard along the cliff that skirts the road, on the corner before you go around the corner to get into the buildings without the roofs, at the corner be fore the turn, guys cheat the system by climbing the rockcliff and pick people off in spawn.

Get Me Rosen (SP)

Demo has been placed and Rosen has been recovered and is safely tucked away w/Ghost AI, without the alert being raised.

I want to "up" the score so I walk up to one of the alarm switches and activate it...the klaxons sound but the response team never comes down the road to pick a fight with.

Annoyance.

Go to where the sniper is on top of the hill. For some reason it was set off, and that interested me. I used an MSG90 and a Panhard, and a technical with dismounts came a rolling down the hill. But I had a suppressor so I cleaned them up, and got Rosen. Note however at the extraction point, there will be a team of four from the enemy choppa.

B071LD3' date='Aug 22 2007, 03:37 AM' post='490438'] other big bug/limitation/whatever is why the hell dont all players start a match at the same time?

even in a clan mtch happens some players start more then 5 secons after the others. Do u know what 5 seconds represents in a clan match?

dont even think in a new GRAW before finish this one :wall:

This has to do with the way the server is configured. If the server is not configured to start the round "when all players are ready", then the server can start (when the start conditions are might, e.g. one player per side is ready) and the remaining players do not enter the round until they select their kit. So, it's not a bug. It's just the way the server is configured.